Skydome adds FieldTurf

CC97

Refresh my memory...Field Turf is supposed to be the most realistic turf on the market for indoor sports right now, no? If not, please explain. If it is, I'm the man.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It's not FieldTurf (trade mark) it's called something else. The turf did look a bit shotty, but it's definately a welcome addition to Skydome. Wait until they put REAL grass for the soccer games. That should be interesting.

I saw, I came, I left.

It's not FieldTurf (trade mark) it's called something else. The turf did look a bit shotty, but it's definately a welcome addition to Skydome. Wait until they put REAL grass for the soccer games. That should be interesting.

I've played soccer on turf (near iceland arena, if you wanted to know) and grass fields, and I perfer turf. The turf is easier to run, kick and pass on. Sometimes grass has bump in it and causes the ball to jump up, which sucks if you have a scoring chance. On turf, its completely straight, which is better when you pass to someone who has an open net. Also, for the goalie's benefit, turf doesn't hurt as much as grass when you have to make a diving save.

This is the longest post made by me :P

I have been on a football field with FieldTurf on it, at the end of November after a particularly slushy week. It was very cold, but the turf was still spongey to walk in. It definitely had give to it, which must have helped the players make cuts on it. I didn't see anyone get hurt from tackles just by landing on it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Field Turf an other similar type fields such as next turf and astro play are more realsitic then grass and more forgiving on the body then astroturf, as well as being more eyepleasing and realistic looking.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If the Argos can do it, why not the Jays...

capt.ajw10106160145.cfl_argonauts_roughriders_ajw101.jpg

r3845200767.jpg

I expect to see the Jays on field turf in time for 2005, if they aren't, I'd be interested in hearing their excuse.

Thanks for posting that picture..... <_<

Anywho, I actually like the way turf looks better on TV....FieldTurf just looks so much faker...like it was painted on or something.

Field Turf an other similar type fields such as next turf and astro play are more realsitic then grass and more forgiving on the body then astroturf, as well as being more eyepleasing and realistic looking.

More realistic than grass? How can it be more realistic than grass if it's fake grass?

sticksstones4.png

So they put the FT down for football, and then pull it up for baseball?

Yes...

The Argos, and Blue Jays do not get along too well with each other, therefore each own their own playing surface, and do not share.

We need the Grizzlies ..... er..... Care Bears to help them get along

I saw, I came, I left.

"Field Turf and other similar type fields such as NexTurf and AstroPlay are more realsitic then grass and more forgiving on the body then AstroTurf, as well as being more eyepleasing and realistic looking."

Sadly, the people who make AstroPlay and NexTurf, Southwest Recreation Industries, has folded.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Yes...

The Argos, and Blue Jays do not get along too well with each other, therefore each own their own playing surface, and do not share.

good thing it's not grass.

sacreligious, but a good thing.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yes...

That may be the lamest thing I have ever heard. Seriously, that would be like the New York Giants telling the Jets to get their own playing surface for the stadium, because the Giants no longer feel like allowing the Jets to play on the same turf.

sticksstones4.png

Well two football teams is one thing... a baseball team, and a football team, each playing in the same stadium with DIFFERENT seating configurations (yes the SkyDome seats get all moved around between sports) is a little more understandable.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

One of my coolest memories was at the Sky Dome when I attended a conference and a hotel clerk gave us field view rooms (by mistake).

After watching the Jays beat the Orioles, I sat up all night and watched them convert the field for the Argos/BC Lions game the next night. It was simply amazing! Dugouts and pitchers mound collapsed, they scrubbed the lines off the turf and painted football lines, and then they moved the seats...it was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Archived