76ers switching to full time blue away uniform

eliasrappaport

Meh. They've gone through eras with blue roads, so it's really nbd. The blue is superior to the red IMO, so it's fine. I just wish they'd see the flaws of this design and just do something all together different. It's very rare that I say this, but I'd be fine if they "went back" to the Barkley era (NOT the early '80s era with the cheapo number font) set, even if they made a blue road just to differentiate it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Boo! They're a red road team in my mind. No idea if their history supports that, though. Honestly, I don't know why teams even bother with designations anymore. With the amount of color-on-color game, alts, throwbacks and one-offs, it's possible that a road uni doesn't get that much more of the pie.

Maybe they're going to be a red home team... ;)

I'm still not sure what Miami's road one. I'm guessing it's the red one but they use the black one as frequently as Cleveland uses Gold.

The Black jersey has always been Miami's road uniform, and is until the style guides say otherwise.

bSLCtu2.png

I was pretty stoked when the Sixers announced they were going retro several years back. But sadly, this generic crap does nothing for me. Now, I just wish they had just stuck with the BFBS Iverson-era gear.

broke-allen-iverson-650x554.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Mega threads suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm still not sure what Miami's road one. I'm guessing it's the red one but they use the black one as frequently as Cleveland uses Gold.

The Black jersey has always been Miami's road uniform, and is until the style guides say otherwise.

It should be noted that Miami also has 15 other jerseys they wear ... just like Cleveland did with LeBron onboard.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Always dug these myself.

philadelphia_76ers_jerseys_3_allen_iverson_blue_nba_jersey.jpg

Bingo, take out black in the primary some and a red alt and they would of been fine, I HATE, HATE the new "old" logo just too blah, some things are ment to be left in the 80's. but when I think if the sixers I think dr j wearing red.

Fix the collar and sleeves and that blue jersey is pretty nice IMO. Especially the authentic as opposed to the replica posted here. You could even keep the 'classic' logo, since it's never matched anything in their unis anyway.

Also maybe remove the corny ball and replace with thirteen stars in a circle or another big star or something

Archived