American Baseball League: THREAD IS DEAD

dsaline97

I love this league it really is awesome so far. I see some similarities in our thinking when I compare this to the concept I'm creating (Whitecaps, Black STox), hope you like what I'm creating too! Good luck!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently taking suggestions for the Chicago franchise. Originally, they were the Chiefs, as a reference to the Super Chief train that ran from LA to Chicago. However, that fell through because of how the train design is New Mexico inspired, and I've already got one of those teams.

Anyways, open to suggestions. If I get enough, I may get a poll open.

Feel free to give C&C on New York as well.

The Knights look pretty good so far. Have you considered NYK together some how? Maybe interlocked.

For Chicago, maybe the Gusters? or Breakers for the waves.

Wind Gusts.....

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I'm currently taking suggestions for the Chicago franchise. Originally, they were the Chiefs, as a reference to the Super Chief train that ran from LA to Chicago. However, that fell through because of how the train design is New Mexico inspired, and I've already got one of those teams.

Anyways, open to suggestions. If I get enough, I may get a poll open.

Feel free to give C&C on New York as well.

The Knights look pretty good so far. Have you considered NYK together some how? Maybe interlocked.

For Chicago, maybe the Gusters? or Breakers for the waves.

Wind Gusts.....

I thought about interlocking NY, as its in most NYC sports teams, but its really too many complex characters to cram together.

As for the suggestions, Gusters makes me think of Psych. Haha. Breakers doesn't sound bad...

spacer.png

TeamHeader_zpsaede0c15.png

The Portland Loggers are one of the newer franchises in the American Baseball League, joining in 1987 along with Florida. Fresh off of their 25th anniversary season, the Loggers are still seeking their first title. The team is led by manager Tracy Bass, a former left fielder in the early years of the club’s existence. The Loggers are certainly known for their sticks, not for their pitching. 5-tool shortstop Guillermo Colon is a consistent All-Star and is a great leader. Outfielder Bobby Huntley is a catcher-converted-outfielder because of his great speed and power arm, and third baseman Adam Duchenschmidt provides huge power out of the cleanup spot, coming off a 49 HR season with 114 RBI’s.

The primary logo for the Loggers, featured on the sleeve, consists of a sawblade with the words “Portland Loggers Baseball” inscribed across it. The cap logo and scripts both use a “woodland” font to relate to the forested areas in Oregon. The alternate uniform, the “Logger Pride Uniform,” is a vested jersey with a plaid pattern in the place of green to represent what a real logger would wear. Overall, the look is traditional yet gives off a modern feel.

Logos_zps9003e494.png

Home_zps7507cce3.png

Road_zps4b6b08d9.png

RoadAlt_zps424b8c43.png

Home2_zps84ecbfc9.png

HomeBP_zps0d670136.png

RoadBP_zps74709463.png

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Portland looks sweet, The "logger pride" is unconventional, but it does look nice on the hat. More so-so on the jersey, but the rest of the set is awesome!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Very nice work on the first few teams posted. Kinda disappointed no Milwaukee or Minnesota team, but that's because I'm biased :P New Mexico is my personal favorite, followed by Portland. Can't wait to follow the rest!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

TeamHeader_zps43cedebe.png

The Indiana Tribe came into the American Baseball League as an expansion team in 1973, being selected over Minneapolis, Houston, and Detroit. Owner Emmitt Shubert chose Indianapolis as the site for his new team not only because it was his hometown, but also because he said it “felt more like a baseball town” than the other cities did. The team’s nickname is a reference to the Miami people, who were once the primary inhabitants of Indiana. The Tribe have been a strong regular season team in the past, capturing the ABC Central division title 11 times prior to the turn of the century. However, when they get to the playoffs, they struggle consistently. Of those 11 division-winning years, 7 of those seasons ended in first-round exits, and only one season ended with an ABL Championship appearance. Indiana finally captured its first and only title in 2002, ironically as a Cinderella team.

In recent years, the Tribe has been “under construction.” Jimmy Rodriguez, the Tribe’s pitching ace in the early 80’s, is back as the new VP of Baseball Operations for the team. Clarence Howell remains as the second baseman who is the unofficial captain for the franchise. Catcher Alvaro Alvarez was acquired through free agency in the off season, and he is expected to rebound from his career low season in which he posted a .235 batting average. Up-and-coming starting pitcher Terry McLaughlin is back after recovering from Tommy John surgery. He claims to be ready to go and says he feels better than ever.

The Tribe’s logo has been around since the team’s beginning, but was modernized in 2009. It is a block I with three feathers behind it to represent a headdress of a Native American, found on the scripts, sleeve, and caps. The uniforms are very traditional in an effort to represent the Native American culture: strong, proud, and bold. Unlike most ABL teams however, their road jersey is not their darkest road color; they use orange instead of the darker green. The feather logo is found on the caps of the newly-created batting practice uniforms.

Logos_zps96aab4c2.png

Home_zps5a25ccfa.png

Road_zps29dd3f08.png

RoadAlt_zps9bfd70d8.png

HomeBP_zpsac56cde1.png

RoadBP_zps18093d3f.png

C&C Appreciated! I reset the poll so you can vote for Indiana even if you already voted.

spacer.png

Archived