our own version of Around the horn

stimpy

Ok i will be the host and I'll need 4 players

Every now and than i will post a new topic and the for players have to make there comments. (i will post a new topic Every day or after all 4 players respond)

4 topics in the first round

3 in the second

and 3(if needed) in the third

ok i need 4 people who want to play

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll get in

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

well we got our four

o i forgot to mention in the rules

i distribute teh points and teh person with the lowest points at the end of each round is eleminated.

first topic

with the lakers losing the NBA championship kobe opts out of his contract, Shaq wants a trade, Karl malone will probably retire and Phil jackson is not coaching next year. is this the end of the lakers era. will they end up like the bulls and finishing close to last or can they still keep up and win championships?

Njtank you can get in on the next game

there will be another game after this game is finished

This may be the end of the Lakers era all depending on what happens with Shaq. I don't think Kobe or Malone will be around next year. I expect Shaq to be traded as well too, he's apparently too uspet with the organization to be a valuable contributer. I expect some GM will make a good offer on him, and how the Lakers do next season depends on what they get in return for him.

I think the Lakers will miss the playoffs next year and this is the end of the Lakers era.

sig09.jpg

No, they wont finish in last place next year, for one simple fact: Shaq wants a TRADE... very different than being at the end of a contract.

A trade for Shaq could net the Lakers another big name, or several starters, plus free up money to obtain other big players.

The past evidence shows they aren't afriad to sign big name players, and more importantly, big name coaches.

A good coach will be put in place, shaq will be traded for value, and the Lakers, while not a Finals team, will still be good next year.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Win championships? No. Compete? Yes.

The Lakers are offering Kobe Bryant more money than anyone else can give him. And now, without Shaq, the Lakers are his team. Why would he pass this situation up? Plus -- without Phil Jackson, there is no triangle offense. That means the Lakers may need a PG that can create shots, and even post up other PG's. This, defensive included, is how Gary Payton made his living in the NBA. By doing those very same things. Gary Payton's gripe was with the Lakers offensive system. Medvedenko proved to be a decent player, nothing special, but still.

Plus, now without Shaquille O'Neal, you have to remember that the Lakers get whatever get for him in the trades. This will be probably 3 good players and a draft pick, or 2 really good players and the possibility of a draft pick. They don't need another superstar, they just need the right cast around Kobe Bryant, should he choose to stay.

Kareem Rush played big off the bench and Luke Walton was able to get better at his biggest weakness, shooting. Walton showed strokes of genius in game 2 (?) of the series against the Pistons. If he plays like that even sometimes, it will be huge.

In my opinion, with free agents like Kenyan Martin on the market, it's too early too decide the fate of the Lakers. However, I think LA is a team people want to play for. And I think with the cap room they now have, they can attract some hella good free agents. But it all depends on Kobe Bryant. He is THE best player in the NBA, and only Tracy McGrady compares to him. If the Lakers lose both Shaq AND Kobe, then that'll be as bad of a loss as when the Bulls lost Michael Jordan and Scotty Pippen -- and they won't recover quickly.

IUe6Hvh.png

Kobe isn't going to be in LA next season, he's either going to be on some other team or in jail.

Shaq has pretty much asked to be traded and other teams now knowing that don't have to offer as much. They know he wants out, and that the Lakers, rather than risk losing him after he opts out of his contract next year, are on a an unlevel playing field.

They're not going to get anything in return for Kobe, the Mailman dosn't look like he's ever going to get that ring on that knee, Payton is pretty much on his last legs as well, and Shaq is going to get traded for less than most people think. Plus Phil Jackson is now gone, who has proven to be one of the better minds in the game.

Sure the Lakers can offer Kobe more money, but he wants a team that can give him full control and I wouldn't think he wants to take the risk of having to compete with Shaq for control anymore. But once again, he has to stay out of jail.

sig09.jpg

Okay -- Kobe Bryant is just 'testing' the free agent market. Don't you remember him having said, after all this 'opt out of his contract' stuff began, he would like to remain a Laker for life? The Lakers can offer Kobe Bryant complete control without Shaq, and more money than anyone else.

Second off, I can name you tons of teams that would be willing to offer the Lakers a lot for Shaq. Good big men are the hardest to get in the NBA -- so why would a team pass up on a player that NOBODY in the league has the ability to stop? 32 years old or not, there have been players in the that have been 40 and still produce and more athletic positions than Shaq has to do. Bottomline, Shaq is stronger than anyone who tries to defend him. And recent trends show that athletes who rely on strength or what have you don't slow down like they used to. Haven't you heard? 40 is the new 30! (sorry, stupid quote from my health teacher when i call her old)

Show me a team that doesn't have a solid big man, and I'll show you a team that are willing to give up some talent for Shaquille O'Neal. The teams that wait and hope he chooses to opt out next season as opposed to trading for him now are stupid. Plus, I have a little theory about Kobe and Shaq.

At the beginning of the season, Kobe would criticize Shaq for being out of shape. The result? Shaq works hard to open the season and the Lakers get off to a great start.

Then, when the Lakers and Shaq are starting to slow down, Kobe criticizes Shaq some more. The result? The Lakers go on a nice little midseason run.

And finally, when the Lakers look like they're going to limp into the playoffs like they usually do, Kobe Bryant criticizes Shaq one more time and they finish the season strong and Shaq plays better and they do good in the playoffs.

This has happened EVERY single season, in this exact manner. Kobe talks to the press about Shaq, and Shaq steps up his game. Tell me this isn't Kobe's team when he's inside the big mans head every year.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think Kobe does. Especially if A. my theory holds true and B. Shaq is gone next season.

And do you think Kobe is really concerned with how the media views him from a basketball perspective? He started controversy saying he'd like to test the free agent market to begin with. If he wanted to avoid media scrutiny, he never would've said that publically.

IUe6Hvh.png

Kobe will stay a Laker.. Shaq may be traded but the Lakers will win in the situation. End of the current era? yes. End of the Lakers? It pains me to say no. I'm sure wwe will be hearing about them just as often, and they will still be making the playoffs year by year somehow. LA is a media capital, with almost insatant stardom to any 'all-star' player, plyers will wanna come and play here. Unfotunaly.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived