My MLB Uniform Concepts

csura999

I'll start with two I've posted here previously just to get the ball re-rolling again.

Atlanta Braves:

359z89k.png

34ypxjb.png

2e51p8j.png

2nrkmzm.png

A nod to their older looks with the colors, and their current look with the piping.

Miami Marlins:

111pb2w.png

2s0imud.png

11tvsic.png

1ot1mg.png

I used their current orange and darkened their original teal. It has a "Miami flair" to me. I know they're the Dolphins color scheme essentially, but it fits so nicely in my opinion so I took the idea and ran with it.

The Kansas City Royals and the Arizona Diamondbacks are the next two teams when I complete their concepts.

Thank you guys for the comments, I appreciate it. Here are the Kansas City Royals!

I think the Royals look excellent having gold in their uniforms. The piping on the home and away uniforms are blue-gold-blue. The "KC" on the cap features a gold outline with a gold squatchee to top it off.

The away uniforms are I guess you can say a "slate-blue" of sorts. I think it's a nice compromise with their older powder blue uniforms they're well-known for and the traditional grey away uniforms you currently see. The scripts on the road have a white outline around them so the gold doesn't bleed through and blend in with the away uniforms. The name, I left off the white outlines so it doesn't look so cluttered.

2n6hx6p.png

5ee4w1.png

20utv0h.png

119qh3d.png

Great job, I love how beautiful this looks with the gold. My suggestion is to make the piping sort of match the scripts. What i mean is that you have blue as the outer piping, with gold as the outer outline on the script. It clashes. Go with a double piping of blue and gold for the primary jerseys, and white/gold for the alternate jerseys. Just my suggestion. Looks great either way.

Great job, I love how beautiful this looks with the gold. My suggestion is to make the piping sort of match the scripts. What i mean is that you have blue as the outer piping, with gold as the outer outline on the script. It clashes. Go with a double piping of blue and gold for the primary jerseys, and white/gold for the alternate jerseys. Just my suggestion. Looks great either way.

Actually it does not clash. Blue is the dominant color over gold and therefore in the piping is used twice.

Thank you guys for the replies. Another reason I went with blue-gold-blue piping for the Royals is that gold-blue-gold piping wouldn't look right on the road for the gold would bleed into the road greys.

I know I said the next team I was going to post were the Arizona Diamondbacks, but I caught a few snags with them. I don't quite know what to do with them... So I'll move onto to Oakland Athletics.

That being said, I always liked the old piping the Montreal Expos had on their road greys. The thick sleeve piping, and I thought to myself, what team would this type of piping work for? It was very distinctive. The first team that immediately jumped into my head were the Swingin' A's. I kept the forest green color scheme, even though I love how kelly green looks. I think I'll probably eventually try for Tampa Bay to have kelly green in their color scheme down the line, but we'll see.

The yellow caps can be used with either the home, or the home alternate... Sunday alternate, whatever is clever. I always thought the A's can look nice with yellow caps.

2i9qsus.png

epnfp0.png

14xi9ut.png

r85yrl.png

And to the poster who requested a gold Kansas City Royals jersey, here it goes:

10qjvh2.png

I had it sitting around, but I don't like the idea of a gold jersey too much for Kansas City. I'm a Brewers fan and I personally don't even care for their gold jerseys all that much. The piping is blue-white-blue on the jerseys.

Next team up is the New York Mets. And like many others, I too did not like the black in their color scheme. I did however like the script used on their old black "Mets" and "New York" jerseys and wondered how they'd look on the white, grey, and alternate blue uniforms.

These scripts are the ones I'm referring to:

mike_piazza.png G269_photo01.jpg

So I did that, along with the using Tuscan font for their numbers. I added a drop shadow on the names and numbers

30b1mqx.png

2lswimq.png

igw7k4.png

2cerotw.png

2vnfjly.png

I think it looks pretty good all-in-all considering for the Mets. I love their current set the unveiled last season for what it's worth, but I wanted to whip something up a little different for them.

Thank you guys for the comments, I appreciate it. Here are the Kansas City Royals!

I think the Royals look excellent having gold in their uniforms. The piping on the home and away uniforms are blue-gold-blue. The "KC" on the cap features a gold outline with a gold squatchee to top it off.

The away uniforms are I guess you can say a "slate-blue" of sorts. I think it's a nice compromise with their older powder blue uniforms they're well-known for and the traditional grey away uniforms you currently see. The scripts on the road have a white outline around them so the gold doesn't bleed through and blend in with the away uniforms. The name, I left off the white outlines so it doesn't look so cluttered.

2n6hx6p.png

5ee4w1.png

20utv0h.png

119qh3d.png

As a lifelong Royals fan (who ironically lives in the NYC area), I don't see how you can take the powder alt away. I think with a muted gold or no gold at all, it must be kept. Otherwise, I like what you did!

Archived