Detroit Pistons Concept

AAO

Here's a concept I've been working on. The old Detroit Shock D-secondary was a pretty nice logo, I had to bring in a re-worked version here. I'm using a wheel/tire with a basketball hubcap as the working element here. Not 100% sure how well that speaks to the Pistons brand. Still auto-related.

Their current typeface is nice and works for their image, I just think their current brand is not utilizing it to its fullest potential, such a bland identity for them currently. I don't know about the 'i' and S connecting..the 'i' starts looking like an 'L'. Tried to find a halfway point between their original/current identity and the crazy horsepower years.

Detroit_PistonsConcept2_zps24cfa23c.jpg?t=1373846791

Part 2:

Detroit_PistonsConcept22_zps92bfbe82.jpg?t=1373847793

I think its very clean work... however, none of the logos say "Detroit Pistons". Sure, the word marks have the actual lettering for Detroit and Pistons... But if the logo was by itself, I wouldn't know what team that is for. It could be the Pacers, the Pistons, numerous hockey teams, numerous minor league baseball teams, but nothing about those logos say "Detroit" or "Pistons"

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

first off - good job. Very clean and athletically pleasing. My only criticisms are the shade of the blue (maybe it's my monitor but it looks too light to me and it's not the same blue that they are synonymous with. If it is, than it's obviously my monitor) and I personally don't like that the "S" connects with the "I" and the "T", it makes the "I/S" part look like a ski boot. FWIW I really like the shadowing in the script. Maybe try to keep the "D" White against the wheel/ball with red instead of grey shading. and if you made the lines off of the ball/wheel the same color as the ball/wheel it'll look less like the mozilla logo (because that's what I'm seeing). Sorry for all of the criticisms, I actually like it. I don't bother to comment on the one's I don't like and want to see improved.

Archived