Pep Boys new logo

BadSeed84

Is that just plain old Magneto on the font? Looks a bit like MS Word Art.

Manny, Moe and Jack look solid, though.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

you can see where they were going with the type, its very reflective of car badges from the 50s/60s but used in red it comes off very cheap and amateur looking. and whats with the slight overlap of the middle guys head over the type? c'mon man

Curious - what color would you have chosen other than red? They chose red because their colors have always been RWB, and (I think) their name has always been red. Even if that wasn't the case, I can't think of a color that would have looked any more or less "cheap". I could see a metallic with maybe a slight drop shadow to truly evoke the old badges, but that wouldn't have given them the solid color flat wordmark it looks like they were going for.

As for the overlap, yeah - it's a little awkward. I get what they're trying to do, and given the emphasis they've always had on Manny Moe and Jack, I like the idea. I just think that it could have been done better. Move him a little more down so that the white outline doesn't look like a mistake on the top of the B.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived