Nike takes over Major League Soccer

Daniel_Ramone93

NikeTakeOver_zps47bbe849.png

Just wondering how it wold be if Nike be the official Sponsor of Major League Soccer. As a Brazilian I'm addicted to the sport and also the jerseys, for me the teams in MLS have amazing kits and you can "play" a lot with some of them.
I won't have a solid chronogram or plan, but I decided to start with the Eastern Conference clubs.

So it may take that order:

Eastern Conference:
- Houston Dynamo
- NY Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew
- Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC
- Chicaco Fire
- New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union
- Sporting City Kansas
- DC United

Western Conference:
- LA Galaxy
- Chivas USA
- FC Dallas
- Colorado Rapids
- Portland Timbers
- Seattle Sounders
- San Jose Earthquakes
- Vancouver Whitecaps
- Real Salt Lake

hblw.png65st.pngdrcp.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston Dynamo Kits:

For the home kit I thought would be cool to design another a kit which show one of the main inspirations of the team, the Netherland's National Team. Usually Nike templates are simple that's why I decided to go classic on this one.

I'm a huge fan of 90's soccer kits, althought Dynamo wasn't established during the 90's, I thought that designed, inspired some old soccer jerseys would fit and also, Nike used something slightly similiar on South Korea's kit.

I didn't like at all the last Dynamo's third kit, I didn't had such great ideas for a better one. But black is a colour that the team didn't use in kits so would be the perfect third kit, with a classic designed inspired in the early decades of soccer, not my favorite but well, I think that can be a nice Kit.

HoustonDynamo_Casa_zpsa74dcf3f.png

HoustonDynamo_Fora_zps65e4edad.png

HoustonDynamo_Third_zps3394ccf9.png

Note: When reading the texts in the concepts and note the "above", yeah I commited a mistake, that happens.

I hope you guys like my first concept and go on, ask me what you want to see on your favorite team!

hblw.png65st.pngdrcp.png

Wow, wow, wow! Just wow!!!

I love Nike MLS series'. Your template is awsome as the presentation is.

Now to your designs. The home shirt is perfect. Simple and classy with nice details. I love the use of light blue socks here. I wonder why the Dynamo got rid of orange in their uniforms. This just looks great!

The away shirt is very America. Very nice and fitting for the Dynamo.

The Alternate is something different. But I like it. Somehow it looks European.

I'm really looking forward to this project.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

No complaints here. Great concepts and great presentation so far.

I agree with Berlin Wall about the away kit being very American. It works though, as it is not too gaudy.

If I am being very nitpicky though, then I would adjust the Houston wordmark on the third. Either so that the colour is white, or so it is below the chevron.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Really nicely done and presented, Daniel - although I'd agree that the Houston wordmark on the third needs a tweak to make it stand out more.

One other thing I'd say is that hiding the championship stars away inside the shirt seems a little odd - shouldn't they really be a little more prominent?

I always hated the championship stars above the club crests. Especially in the MLS, because they got a star for every championship they've won. What would they do if the Galaxy have won about 20 Championships in 50 years?

I would like the stars to be on the arms or where the dri-fit logo is.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I always hated the championship stars above the club crests. Especially in the MLS, because they got a star for every championship they've won. What would they do if the Galaxy have won about 20 Championships in 50 years?

I would like the stars to be on the arms or where the dri-fit logo is.

I don't mind it, although I prefer to see a proper system in place to determine who can display a star - like in Italy, for example. I agree though a star for every championship is a tad excessive.

Really nicely done and presented, Daniel - although I'd agree that the Houston wordmark on the third needs a tweak to make it stand out more.

One other thing I'd say is that hiding the championship stars away inside the shirt seems a little odd - shouldn't they really be a little more prominent?

Well, I'm not a big fan of stars, crowns or laurels like some teams use, I got rid of them in those kits because I wanted to keep a simple and classy design.

May I know, Somebody have some suggestions for a Red Bulls third kit?

hblw.png65st.pngdrcp.png

Well, I'm not a big fan of stars, crowns or laurels like some teams use, I got rid of them in those kits because I wanted to keep a simple and classy design.

I would take a striped shirt in red and black or red and blue.

You could go with a Bristol Rovers-esque pattern to mimic the can design:

New-Bristol-Rovers-Kit-2012-2013.jpg

Although this would clash with the usual home and away colours, so would probably never see the field.

Perhaps all red and be solely based off of the bull.

Failing that, go way outside of the box and go with something crazy... although not Nike Oregon, or Warrior Soccer crazy.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I always had difficult to design a long sleev kit, so when I first finished that goalkeeper template I was completely stoked about it. They will be part of that serie. For Dynamo I designed 2 (some teams will have a second goalkeeper option but will be a fauxback kit) options just to test the template.

The first one with dark shades and bright orange details is my favorite. It's good that Dynamo don't have a sponsor right now so I could play with the wordmark and try to designed something "neo-classical" hahahaha, several clubs in Brazil used to have goalkeeper kits with the name of the team above the crest, I thought that would look pretty nice with the wordmark.

manga.jpg

That's an example of a Goalkeeper jersey in Brazil during the 60's - kind of a Golden Era for Brazilian soccer.

HoustonDynamo_GK1_zps25a595bb.png

The template I used is the same that teams like Arsenal and Manchester City are using, I really like how bright colours match with black and dark grey.

HoustonDynamo_GK2_zpsea515317.png

This one was inspired in Netherland's goalkeeper kits in late 80's, also look good for Dynamo.

hblw.png65st.pngdrcp.png

Archived