Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's take a look at our 4 round 2 series', shall we?

BlockbustersvsRedBirds_zps259968f7.png

EvergreensvsSuperiors_zpsebc6941c.png

EspionsvsTitanic_zpsd8be6a72.png

GovernorsvsPower_zps1688357b.png

Taking a look at points in the head-to-head earned:

Blockbusters 7

Red Birds 6

Evergreens 15

Superiors 13

Espions 16

Titanic 12

Governors 4

Power 13

All fairly close, with the exception of the Ottawa series. We'll see if that holds up.

Welcome to the 1000 post thread club Kevo!

Thank you very much sir. And with that, here's the 5th and deciding matchday. After this, we'll see the final 8 teams this year, 1 of which will be your eventual champions. One of these matchups was the Vancouver Millionaires taking on the Thunder Bay Superiors. The road team has won all 4 games so far this series. Vancouver will try to keep that streak going here in Thunder Bay, while the Superiors will attempt to make it 3 in a row, coming back from an 0-2 deficit.

Playoffs5_zps89b0ec27.png

It seemed unlikely that the Superiors were going anywhere after their Playoff Matchday 2 defeat to the Vancouver Millionaires, headed out west for 2 games, but yet, here they are, headed to round 2. They'll face divisional rivals Winnipeg in round 2, a team that they played 12 times.

Washington! The Power take out the slightly-favoured Teamen in game 5 here, setting up a divisional matchup between Ottawa and Washington, The Power have had the Governors' number this year. Interesting stuff.

The bracket:

Bracket3_zpsc14db46e.png

LA vs CHI

TB vs WNP

MTL vs HFX

WSH vs OTT

Head to heads up soon!

oh_yeah_obama.gif

Look at Scruggy here! On a roll with the gifs.

Shh... that's nothing, I've been digging and adding some new ones to the bag. You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Round 2 guys. Our first look at the 4 teams wit byes. Maybe a bit of rust? Or would the rest be needed and they would come out flying? Let's take a look at who jumped ahead in each of the 4 Round 2 series!

PlayoffsRound2_zps44c16dfc.png

In a very highly anticipated series, LA wins their first playoff game since last year's final, game 2 vs New York. Chicago jumped out to a 2-0 lead halfway through, but LA forced OT. A Blockbusters GWG give them the first game to LA. Game 2 to also be played in SoCal as well. Jmurr&Peam 1 Jmoe&Windell 0.

An extended rest didn't phase Winnipeg AT ALL. The Evergreens came out firing big time. Thunder Bay was hoping to avoid a start similar to the Vancouver series., and ride their momentum....yeah, no. Game 2 in Winnipeg comes tomorrow!

Give Halifax a 4-0 record in the playoffs, against 2 different very tough opponents. The Titanic really pulled away in the early stages of the 3rd, where they earned a 5-2 lead. Montreal looks to bounce back tomorrow, whereas a 2-0 hole would be different to say the least.

Governors laugh in the general direction of the regular season head-to-head against Washington. Despite a 9-point difference head-to-head between the 2 in our 70 game season, Ottawa takes game 1 on home ice. Ottawa looking to take advantage of a tired Power team, coming off of a game 5 win vs the Teamen. Game 2 in Ottawa!

Brackey4_zpsffd40af1.png

Enjoy!

A deja vu kind of playoff matchday. ALL 4 playoff series in the 2nd round have gone to 2-0. Chicago, Thunder Bay, Montreal and Washington will all face the task of outwinning their opponent 4-1. Let's take a look!

PlayoffsRound22_zps4256ad76.png

The team from the Golden State shoots down the Birds again. LA will now travel to Chicago, attempting to Take 1 3-0 strangle hold.

Evergreens come out firing again, catching the Superiors off guard. Winnipeg now to take the short plane ride to the Lakehead.

Montreal in unfamiliar waters here. They are the only of the 4 teams down 2-0 to be LEAVING their home ice, and going to the other team's barn. They are also the only team not guaranteed to have another home game.

Ottawa takes another from Washington, in a game dominated b the Power. Washington will host games 3&4.

Bracket5_zps6c7ea9a3.png

Enjoy!

Let's try this again.

A deja vu kind of playoff matchday. ALL 4 playoff series in the 2nd round have gone to 2-0. Chicago, Thunder Bay, Montreal and Washington will all face the task of outwinning their opponent 4-1. Let's take a look!

PlayoffsRound22_zps1e70bd68.png

The team from the Golden State shoots down the Birds again. LA will now travel to Chicago, attempting to Take 1 3-0 strangle hold.

Evergreens come out firing again, catching the Superiors off guard. Winnipeg now to take the short plane ride to the Lakehead.

Montreal in unfamiliar waters here. They are the only of the 4 teams down 2-0 to be LEAVING their home ice, and going to the other team's barn. They are also the only team not guaranteed to have another home game.

Ottawa takes another from Washington, in a game dominated b the Power. Washington will host games 3&4.

Bracket5_zps393f097f.png

Enjoy!

Yeah, this has been kinda bad, so now I have everything, but everything that has been posted picture-wise is no longer on the thread. Want a second look at anything, just ask. To make it up to you guys, I'll have another one of those 'clue hunt' things. This time, it'll be a bit longer (i'm not sure if it'll be funner or more annoying than the first couple). This time, you won't get a sneak-peak, but when the 2nd group of expansion rolls along, you'll chose the order that they are released. Could be a while, buuuuut it'll get done. Interest? I kinda have a 'map' planned out, but if no one's interested, all is good. Thanks guys.

Yeah, this has been kinda bad, so now I have everything, but everything that has been posted picture-wise is no longer on the thread. Want a second look at anything, just ask. To make it up to you guys, I'll have another one of those 'clue hunt' things. This time, it'll be a bit longer (i'm not sure if it'll be funner or more annoying than the first couple). This time, you won't get a sneak-peak, but when the 2nd group of expansion rolls along, you'll chose the order that they are released. Could be a while, buuuuut it'll get done. Interest? I kinda have a 'map' planned out, but if no one's interested, all is good. Thanks guys.

Oh boy I'm ready!

That's what- She

Oh boy I'm ready!

Yeah. OK, i guess this is happening. I'm gonna have to make a few revisions, add a few things here and there, and let's do this.

Archived