Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've cracked the code!!!!!!

khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

Very good Jmoe! I guess that now we have 2 done, I'll reveal a little walkthrough, and we'll keep it. Thanks though Will! Eagle, if you don't mind, you can put the Thunder logo back in. Also, I'll get the list of your teams to be ordered. Thanks for everyone who took a shot at it, and to our 2 members who cracked the code.

Here we go! The solution to our HAPPY HUNTING little challenge.

Clue #1 was given right here on the SLH tread. It told you to head on over to post #274. That's found on page 14.

Clue #2 is kinda hidden there. It looks like it just says 'I hope to have Toronto's full set up soon,' but that is actually a link. It takes you to a LMGTFY (Let Me Google That For You), where it types out the next clue right in front of your eyes. It reads
"1st reply ever on the SLH thread. That poster only has 1 topic made all time. I left something there for you :) .

Well, the first ever reply was by davidrpage. Click on his name that takes you to his profile.Click topics to see all of the topics he's made all time. The only one is called 'Bethlehem FC Resurrection." I posted a bit more than halfway down the first page there. Below my actual reply, I wrote : "Hi Treasure Hunters! How'd ya get here? Good job. Your next task is to find the 3 top posters on the SLH thread. Look at each of those 3 members' profile. Take a look at each of their newest topic posted in the CONCEPTS FORUM. Kevsim1's first post in all 3 will tell ya something ;) . Make sure you do em in order, from most posts, to 2nd, to 3rd in the SLH thread to get the proper instructions, which will look like THIS."

Clue #3 can be found in a flash. To find the top posters, just click on the number of replies to the right of the SLH's thread title, in the concept section. It showed you that at the moment, the top 3 posters in the SLH thread are Kevsim1, Jmoe and ThePeam. Head to each of those 3 members' profiles in that order. Click topics, and find, to start, Kevsim1's newest topic in the concept section. It would be called: "Help I'm Stuck...Rattlers Logo...Not Pretty." Under the very first post, in red text, it reads: "ARTHUR BIDWELL. GOOGLE HIM!!! FIND OUT WHAT TEAM HE..." It just sorta cuts off, right? Well, now we have to head to our 2nd most frequent SLH poster, JMoe12. His most recent Topic in the Concept section is called "North American Throwball Association." Go there. The first REPLY is by myself. After the real reply, it says, again in red text: "... PLAYS FOR, AND JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT..." We need to piece this all together. Head to our 3rd and final member's profile, ThePeam. His most recent topic is called: "Orlando Juice Redesign." Again, A Kevsim1 post, at the bottom, yet again in red text, reads: "...LOOK AT THAT TEAM'S LOGO ON SPORTSLOGOS.NET. COMMENTS ANYONE?"

So piece that all together, and we are going to google Arthur Bidwill, some athlete, finding his team's logo on sportslogos.net, and do something with comments.

After a quick google search, you should figure out that Arthur Bidwill is a star on the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. Head over to the ECHL logos section on Sportlogos.net. Go to the Colorado Eagles, Scroll down to comments about the logo, and what do you know? A poster names SUPER LEAGUE HOCKEY has commented your next clue! It reads: " Hello Treasure Hunters!!! I'm hoping that my little hunt has lead you hear. Now is the time that you should google, exactly as I put it: CINDYFULTON ASTEROID . You'll find a number there appear often on the search, 5 digits. Write it down! You'll need it later on.

For now, SLH thread, post 787

Cheers! "

SO google the asteroid, and the number 18947 shows up a lot. Write it down, and then head on over to the SLH thread, post 787, on the 40th page. It reads: " Time to use that number you got. Remember, 5 digits. Head to the (Detroit, SLH) (Seattle, PDC) thread, and go to that post number. This clue could be a tad obscure, but it's crackable. Getting Closer!!! "

So what could that mean? Detroit, SLH team is called the Gears. How about we go over to Windell's PDC thread, so that we can figure out what Seattle's name is there. They are the Grinders. So we're headed to a 10 000+ post thread, something about Gears and Grinders.... The What Grinds Your Gears thread in the Lounge forum!!! Get on over there, and go to post #18947 on page 948. Who woulda thought...that's a post by Kevsim1! It reads "SLH treasure hunters, you are CLOSE. Remember that thread earlier, started by myself, Kevsim1, with the New Mexico Rattlers. Well, go back there. The day BEFORE the very LAST reply came, one of the teams in my sig lost by 6 points. Find out who it was, post the victor of that game's logo, found on sportslogos.net, and type "I've cracked the code", minus the quotation marks, in green text on the SLH thread. Good luck! "

get going! We go back to the Rattlers thread, last post is on October 21st, day before is of course October 20th. So who is the team that lost by 6 that day? The St. Louis Blues? nope. The Cincinnati Reds season was over! The St. Louis Rams played, but lost by 15 to Carolina, not 6. That leaves the Utah Jazz. In the preseason, they took on the OKC Thunder on October 20th in a preseason game. They lost by 6. Well, OKC was the victor by 6 in that game, so we need their logo on the SLH thread.

Post the THunder Logo, and in green text, "I've Cracked the Code", like Eagle 98 and Jmoe12, and you compete the hunt!

If you want to use this walkthrough, and head through my little hunt, go for it! Some parts here are worth seeing.

EDIT: SHOUT OUTS TO MAMILLER99, WILLMOEN AND THEPEAM. THEY ALL CAME CLOSE I KNOW.

Almost Forgot Eagle98, you may choose the order of the final 8 teams to be unveiled. Your Choices are:

San Diego

Seattle

Colorado

Philadelphia

Yellowknife

Regina

Toronto

St. John's

:) Never said I'd give ya the nicknames. Cheers!

And with that, let's get back to some matchdays. We've seen 2 of the teams down 2-0 bounce back to win game 3, and 2 others just crumble under the pressure, going down 3-0. Let's see who prevailed and who is now in a HUGE hold.

Playoffs23_zps59845d67.png

Well, Chicago came home to the Windy City, a place in which they haven't lost in regulation since MATCHAY 59! Sadly for the Birds, this time, it didn't work out so well. The Birds are blown out by the Busters, 7-3, Giving LA the 3-0 stranglehold. 1 more win and they'll punch their ticket to the all important Final 4 round.

Things aren't working out too well for Thunder Bay either. They are also down 3-0 now, with an Overtime loss in their own barn. Winnipeg has really dominated every game this series, and it looks like they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the next round, assuming Thunder Bay doesn't pull off an extraordinary comeback.

Montreal finally plays, well, like Montreal. Les Espions have struggle this series against a very familiar team in Halifax, but it looks as though they might have their groove back. Game 4 comes in Halifax.

Washington fends off the Governors in OT, saving 3 5on3s throughout the game. Rather high scoring affair, goes to the Power in Washington. They'll look to get even at 2s tomorrow in Washington.

The bracket:

Bracket6_zpsf792b131.png

Please Enjoy!

Bump from 2nd page.

Thanks. I've been working on some fantasy team design, but I'll be sure to get at least 1 matchday up today.

Just can't wit to see the Busters sweep Chicago. :D

We'll see. Looking promising, but ya never quite know in the SLH.

Well folks, the brooms were out in 2 separate arenas, but sadly, neither sweep made the home crowd happy. The LA Blockbusters, and the Winnipeg Evergreens advance onto the Final 4, punching the 2 spots for the western conference. The east is to be looked at as well though. Both eastern series could be over by he fifth game, as Halifax and Ottawa both lead 3-1. Let's take a look, shall we?

Playoffsround24_zps376eec8d.png

Well, after the first period in Chicago, we saw about 1000 fans leave, as their Red Birds seemingly had no hope, down 5 GOALS! Well, they were right, the Red Birds were indeed playing in their final game of the year, but it wasn't what either of the 2 teams expected after the 1st. Chicago was out guns 'a blazin' in the final 2 periods, outscoring LA 5-1. Unfortunately, that 1 was the series clinching Goal for LA. They're off to the Final 4, ready to face either Halifax, Ottawa or Washington. The Red Birds look forward to next year, trying to carry over their late-season success.

Thunder Bay might as well have been called the INFERIORS after this series. Thunder Bay didn't go as they wanted to here, and Winnipeg was thankful of that. They go on to face either Ottawa, Washington or Halifax in round 3.

Yup. That's Montreal, the team with the Fantastic start to their season. Well, headed back to La Belle Province for game 5, Montreal will face their first elimination game. Halifax currently sits with a 6-1 record in the playoffs.

Another stunning OT game gives Ottawa the 3-1 advantage in their series. Washington could be in trouble, as we are headed back to Ottawa.

Bracket7_zpsae0f97d7.png

Well, if Halifax can hold onto their lead vs Montreal, they'll be guaranteed to play LA in round 3. Obviously, the winner of the Ott-Wsh series would therefore take on Winnipeg, assuming Halifax can win. We'll see. Final 6.

Enjoy!

Archived