BOBCATS GET NO. 2 PICK

amare32

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/acquire_nu...ick_062104.html

CHA gets No. 2 pick & Peja Drobnjak, LAC gets No. 4 pick & No. 33 pick (2d rounder). What's interesting is that the Bobcats get the higher draft pick and a veteran player, while the Clips get the lower pick and an early second round pick.

Is Drobnjak worth a second round pick? Yeah, probably. But a second rounder plus a jump from No. 4 to the No. 2 slot overall? Probably not -- except for the fact that LAC gets to clear Drobnjak off the books. And as I understand it, CHA is free to cut any players they acquire w/o incurring a cap penalty.

Even tho the Bobcats get the player, they're really doing the Clippers a favor by eliminating Drobnjak from the salary cap. Ah, modern NBA economics. Go figure.

Well, the Bobcats get Josh Howard or Luol Deng out of this, basically. I like this. You're most likely not going to contend right away -- so might as well get 1 of the 3 best players in this years draft. I feel that the difference between the #2 or #3 pick could be fairly significant. And if the Magic are stupid, you might even get Okafor out of it.

IUe6Hvh.png

From ESPN.com's article on the deal: "Moving Drobjnak to the Bobcats would clear an additional $2.6 off the Clippers' payroll, and with the additional savings from trading down in the draft, the Clippers could have in excess of $13 million in cap room this summer."

From ESPN.com's article on the deal: "Moving Drobjnak to the Bobcats would clear an additional $2.6 off the Clippers' payroll, and with the additional savings from trading down in the draft, the Clippers could have in excess of $13 million in cap room this summer."

Are the clips trying to enter the Kobe Sweepstakes? Or do u guys think he will remain in Laker land?

they can get him. it'll give kobe a chance to prove he can win on his own, and it'll allow him to stay in LA -- where his wife likes it.

His wife would like it better if the Clips move to Anaheim.

I saw, I came, I left.

they can get him.  it'll give kobe a chance to prove he can win on his own, and it'll allow him to stay in LA -- where his wife likes it.

whoever said kobe did things that his wife likes....his wife probably would have liked it better if he hadn't raped anyone either. :shocked:

they can get him. it'll give kobe a chance to prove he can win on his own, and it'll allow him to stay in LA -- where his wife likes it.

whoever said kobe did things that his wife likes....his wife probably would have liked it better if he hadn't raped anyone either. :shocked:

Ouch...innocent until proven guilty, no? And she did like it when he bought that $3 million ring, I'm guessing. Kobe's gonna resign with the Lake, I'm thinkin.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Ouch...innocent until proven guilty, no? And she did like it when he bought that $3 million ring, I'm guessing. Kobe's gonna resign with the Lake, I'm thinkin.

That would be $4 million

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived