If you're going to do color vs. color, make sure it's not the SAME color

lost_limey

This is not the same color but it was really hard to follow on TV.

So if I correctly recall, here's what happened. Illinois hosted Wisconsin. Illinois wanted to wear their orange informs (superstition). However, they did not want Wisconsin wearing their white uniform (superstition) so they did not inform Wisconsin, who brought their red road uniforms. The result was a disaster.

Defense-lg.jpg

Wisconsin was successful in their whites because they were so good at home, not because of the uniform. Superstition messed with the integrity of the game here (or at least the viewability of the fans).

I am sure some people would say "this is why Wisconsin needs a black alt". But I'd say most would agree that Illinois needs to either inform the other team that they are wearing orange or just suck it up and wear white.

Edit: I just noticed the photo I linked to was from a blog dedicated to hating the Badgers...the blogger suggested that UW should have asked Illinois which uniforms they were wearing. I suppose that's one way to look at it. Also, that was from 2003...man does time fly when you are old.

And I thought the Lakers-Suns game that featured Orange vs Gold was bad.

vcpjn7F.jpg

I recall seeing Royals-Rangers one time in highlights wearing blue v. blue.

I'm assuming you mean the Royals in their royal blue alts, not the powder blues - correct?

A few days ago the Blue Jays and Rays went royal vs. powder. I had no trouble discerning between the two, but I just didn't like how they were both wearing blue.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Meh, IMO it's not that much of an issue...one team's in gray pants, the other's in white pants. Long as your guys aren't going to the other team's dugout by mistake, you're good. Should teams avoid creating these situations? Yes, but it's baseball.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived