United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

I agree with jmoe...the grey needs to be a little lighter.

I don't think that you need the warpaint on the wolf...It looks good without it.

...And good on ya for getting some good reference material (the wolf picture) and sticking with it.

So many times, someone will post a rendering of a 'whatever', and it looks nothing like a 'whatever'.

The wolf looks good....More contrast on the unis.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with jmoe...the grey needs to be a little lighter.

I don't think that you need the warpaint on the wolf...It looks good without it.

...And good on ya for getting some good reference material (the wolf picture) and sticking with it.

So many times, someone will post a rendering of a 'whatever', and it looks nothing like a 'whatever'.

The wolf looks good....More contrast on the unis.

Thanks sparky. I will change the gray at the end of the series when I post the updates. Some will be harder for me to make, though. I think I've mentioned this before, and I think it might be worth mentioning again, so far I have tried a tiger, horse, beaver, and a jaguar and tomahawk today. I was making progress with the jaguar and tomahawk, but something about them didn't seem quite right. To me, it all depends on the image I choose to "trace" and the quality of it. If it's blurry and I cant make out where to put the lines, then I don't use that pic. For the animal logos, I am mostly looking for side-views of logos, otherwise the perspective is outta wack when I trace it.

And on your comment about sticking with the wolf logo, its funny you say that, because it was actually the second or third picture I tried. I was actually gonna trace a dream-catcher and attempt to make my own wolf logo over top of it. THAT woulda been a disaster. This other didn't have the full body, just the neck

Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate them! I may try and go kinda "post-crazy" on here tomorrow by trying to get as many concepts up as I can during my free time. I will finish the West tomorrow, skip the main EAST and NORTH teams and post the expansion teams: The Pittsburgh Maulers (E), Alexandria Titans (E), St. Louis Bandits (N), and the Louisville Stallions (N).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Concept-palooza! Everything will be spoilered to keep the post length down.

Seattle Huskies:

LOGO

The Huskies entered the league as the Seattle Storm in 2004. Since then, the team has underwent THREE name changes In 2007, The team was renamed to the Thunder, which was short-lived despite the teams decent success with the name, winning their lone WEST division title in 2008. In 2009, the team changed to the Thunderbirds, which was believed to be here to stay. Unfortunately, when attendance numbers fell, the team rebranded once more on September 13th, 2013 to the Huskies. Although fans considered the name "generic", they accepted it.

Primary Sets:

HuskiesPrimarySets_zpsbefe614f.png

Alternate Sets:

HuskiesAlternateSets_zps65bf95e4.png

Las Vegas Chiefs

LOGO

The Chiefs are one of the original 8 teams that entered the league in 1978. The franchise has been one of the most successful, winning a league record 16 division titles and are T-2nd all time in League titles at 4. The team has faced some criticism in the past, especially in recent years (like the Redskins) because of their team name, associating the term "Chiefs" (like Native Tribe Chiefs) with gambling and have been pressured to change to something less "offensive", like Arrowheads or Spears. The franchise has replied repeatedly that the team has had too much success to turn back now because of their winning ways.

Primary Sets:

ChiefsPrimarySets_zpsb2c58546.png

Alternate Sets:

ChiefsAlternateSets_zpsb0f9f2ba.png

San Francisco Sharks

LOGO

The Sharks, like the Chiefs, are also an original 8 team in the UFA. The team hasn't been quite as successful, but have had some success, having a winning record in all but two seasons and have claimed 4 divisional titles, but have finished runner-up 8 times in the American Bowl, losing in every appearance. The franchise has been given the nickname "Bride's Maid of the NAoPSL" because they have lost the most league titles than any other team in any of the 5 sporting leagues. The team has also been known to start trends, as they were the first to wear all-black uniforms in 2006 and a chrome helmet in 2011.

Primary Sets:

SharksPrimarySets_zps07fb04da.png

Alts with a "chrome" helmet on the left and blackout uniforms on the right:

SharksAlternateSets_zps625b69f7.png

San Antonio will probably up later in the afternoon as well as Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Louisville, and Alexandria. Thoughts? When I finish this series, I will be starting a basketball thread (but not for a while) as I make fields and new logos for each team. I should have the team's uniform sets done anywhere from the end of the month to mid-November, about two months ahead of the New Season.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Part II of the Concept palooza. If you don't see the histories or a team's sets, then that is because I am running a bit behind and will post them wither tonight or tomorrow, though if you would like to, open the pic in a new tab, taking you to Photobucket, where you can use the arrows to look at the concepts

For now, I will just post the Pittsburgh and SA logos because they were made (at least 90%) by me.

San Antonio Force Primary Logo:

ForcePrimary_zpsb3bb6a29.png

Pittsburgh Maulers Primary Logo:

MaulersPrimary_zpsd16f2dd0.png

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE OFFICIAL UNITED FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION LIBRARY

I'm not sure why SA's logo is like that, but it's an easy fix. For Pittsburgh, I don't remember why I made the circle blurry. It's probably when I enlarged the pic of the hammer, it's outline was blurred, so if thought it would even out. Obviously it didn't. The colors come from the USFL team. The uniforms don't use the logo but are way better without it Imo.

Seattle: I don't quite get this one. The number font is way to large, imagine putting 33 on that jersey. And it's a little bit bland for a team with a more modern feel to it.

Kansas City: This one is pretty good, reminds me of the Falcons a lot.

San Francisco: I'd suggest taking the logo off the cuff, it really blocks out the striping.

San Antonio: Fix the bottom part of the star and it's golden.

Pittsburgh: Confused by the color scheme, it doesn't scream "Pittsburgh" or "Miners" to me.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I made new logos for the North teams, which have yet to be posted. I will be perfectly honest, I did the West last, and that's where I went into a bit of a slump. BUT, as I've said thousands of times before, but its worth mentioning again, UPDATES WILL COME. I have actually started making brand new concepts on my basketball project. It's going faster than I anticipated. While I do that series, the occasional update and field will be posted here, and by updates, my own logo designs are included in the updates. Memphis and Seattle each need it because of the huge numbers. Others are just because I have made minor updates to the template or changes to the team in general

I hate doing this a second time because earlier today, I tried posting this, but instead of hitting the 'undo' button on the comment box, I hit the 'back' arrow on my browser. It took my a long time to type it too because the histories were kind of long. But, here is my second attempt at posting.

Maulers, Titans, + Force sets

The Pittsburgh Maulers and the Alexandria Titans were the two teams chosen for expansion. Alexandria, located just a few miles outside of Washington DC, was in the discussion because the Virginia Admirals, after 30+ seasons in Alexandria, decided to relocate to Norfolk because it was better financially (and the name works better). Pittsburgh joined in on the discussion after their first season without UFA football since 2003. That was because the Kansas City Roughnecks played in the Steel City from 2004-2011 under THREE different identities before relocating to Iowa for a year.

For the EAST Division expansion, there was not a lot of choices that were in the U.S. Toronto, Montreal, Hamilton, and Ottawa were considered, but the commissioner of the league, Mr. Logan A. Weaver (yours truly), wanted to look at options in the states first before expanding beyond the border, which is also why Vancouver did not get an expansion city. In the first round of the process, New York City and Newark, NJ were eliminated, partially because there was already a team in NYC, and a second team in NJ didn't seem like it would work financially, so the idea was shot down. In the second round, Providence, RI and Hartford, CT were eliminated. Reports were that if Providence received an expansion team, they would bring back the "Steam Rollers" identity. In the Final round, the last two cities eliminated were Buffalo and Richmond, VA. Many thought Buffalo would get the second spot behind Pittsburgh, who was guaranteed a spot during nearly the entire process. People also thought that Alexandria was given the second team for sympathy because they had just lost a team. The Maulers name comes from the former franchise that played in the short-lived USFL (Pittsburgh Maulers), while the Titans name came from a 'name-the-team' contest.

Here are the Maulers' Primary sets, which includes checker patterns on the middle stripes on the sleeves and also appear on the hydrochrome helmet:

MaulersPrimarySets_zps87a4a147.png

Here are Pittsburgh's Alts with a Stormtrooper version of their primary white set, which actually shows off the helmet pattern better than the purple helmets:

MaulersAlternateSets_zps9e2d8467.png

ALEXANDRIA'S PRIMARY LOGO: CLICK HERE

Titans' Primary Sets:

TitansPrimarySets_zpsadc7db31.png

Titans' Alternate Sets with a cream set usually used on the road, which sets up color-on-color matchups, a common event that happens in the UFA:

TitansAlternateSets_zps9bb1fa98.png

And, as promised, here are the FORCE Primary Sets:

ForcePrimarySets_zps878e02c7.png

If you're wondering why I used Black, White, and a lighter green/teal color scheme ,that's because I wanted to use a fiesta them at first (the green) but it didn't seem too intimidating with an orange and a pinkish red or whatever, so I went with Black, and I think it turned out great.

Here are the alternates:

ForceAlternateSets_zps47434fc5.png

Apparently, my original post had too many pics in it, so I'll have to make another one or two to get through the expansion teams.

I forgot to post the Oakland Pirates! Here they are in the spoiler

The Oakland Pirates entered the league through the 1991 expansion. The team has never really been a threat to win an American Bowl, but does have a WEST divisional title from 2004, their best season in franchise history, going 12-4. This past season, the Pirates made the playoffs as a 12 seed, but were given an early exit at the hands of the Louisiana Cajuns (5 seed), with the final score being 28-6. The Pirates always seem to be on the upswing, but usually fall apart after the first half of the year, whether it's a drastic fall or a slight decline.

Here are the Primary Sets:

PiratesPrimarySets_zps4810bed3.png

Two things I wanna address real quick about the sets: A) Yes, the numbers are too big. They will be updated. B ) Yes, that is Adidas striping. I like it too much, especially on Texas A&M's uniforms. I took the shoulder/sleeve striping and put it on the helmet and pants.

Here are the Alternates for Oakland:

PiratesAlternateSets_zps20718145.png

Last of the expansion teams in the third and final spoiler, the Louisville Stallions and the St. Louis Bandits

The Louisville Stallions and St. Louis Bandits are the newest members to the NORTH division of the UFA. Fans of the league, like Alexandria, think that Louisville was given a team based on sympathy. That is because the Cincinnati Tomahawks, despite making the playoffs last season as a 14 seed (first appearance since 2001), announced their relocation from "The Ville" soon after the American Bowl was played.

In the first round of the Commissioner's decision, Wichita and St. Paul, MN were eliminated. In the second round, Cleveland and Davenport, IA/Quad Cities Area was eliminated. Many thought that Cleveland had a shot because the Charleston Mountainmen of the sister-league National Professional Baseball League (another future project) had recently announced their relocation to Cleveland and making a baseball-football field. The Quad Cities area was eliminated because there was potential that another Iowa Crop Dusters (KC Roughnecks 2012 location) situation would occur because When KC was there, they had the 3rd-worst season in league history at 4-12 (tying their own mark in Pittsburgh) and had very little fan support. In the final round, Omaha and Indianapolis (another former home of the Tomahawks from '91-'06), who were considered strong contenders, were eliminated, but the investors of each team say that they plan on entering the next Expansion Series whenever that day comes. In the end, "The Ville" and St. Louie were both awarded franchises.

BANDITS LOGO HERE

STALLIONS LOGO HERE

Here are the Bandits' primary sets inspired by the University of Minnesota:

BanditsPrimarySets_zpsf2bd2c86.png

Here are the alts with a gradient helmet and the black "mask" from the face of a raccoon on the helmet:

BanditsAlternateSets_zpsde9a57e9.png

Stallions' Primary Sets inspired by the Colts' throwbacks:

StallionsPrimarySets_zps199da577.png

Pattern from the stripes inspired by the nails in the horseshoe. Here are the alts:

StallionsPrimarySets_zps199da577.png

*Wipes forehead* phew. That took longer than expected. about a half hour later, there they are .Don't expect any teams to be posted later tonight, because I'll be at the homecoming parade and game. Monday and Wednesday will have more concepts from the EAST and NORTH, thereby wrapping up the series by next week I believe. Thoughts, C+C, etc?

I must say naming a team "Alexandria" doesn't make a lot of sense. They may be located there, but they'd still call it Washington DC, just like the 2 New York teams do.

I'm surprised no one has noticed that the primary and alternate sets are the same exact thing. Whoops :D

Here are the REAL alternate sets:

StallionsAlternateSets_zpsfde9c620.png

I think there should be a Monochrome Home uni for the Stallions :D

The sets I posted aren't 100% "official". What I mean is that the team may not always wear white pants at home. That's just what I thought looked best. For instance, when I start the season, there culd be a time or two where the team does go mono-blue or mono-white (stormtrooper). Vegas could go all red, STL all maroon, Pittsburgh all purple, or heck, San Antonio all Kelly. So while I like the sets that I've posted, they are still interchangeable and you may even see a new helmet or pair of pants along the way. You'll just have to stay tuned for the UFA Kickoff Week in mid January :) .

I must say naming a team "Alexandria" doesn't make a lot of sense. They may be located there, but they'd still call it Washington DC, just like the 2 New York teams do.

I've already got a team that is in the DC limits, the Washington Eagles, so that eliminates a second team named after DC. Plus, since Virginia came into the league 30+ years before the Titans did and they decided to keep the "Virginia" title, then so be it, because Alexandria hasn't played one game, and they don't deserve to be called "Virginias Team", which is currently being held by the Admirals in Norfolk.

I'm surprised no one has noticed that the primary and alternate sets are the same exact thing. Whoops :D

Here are the REAL alternate sets:

StallionsAlternateSets_zpsfde9c620.png

I think there should be a Monochrome Home uni for the Stallions :D

The sets I posted aren't 100% "official". What I mean is that the team may not always wear white pants at home. That's just what I thought looked best. For instance, when I start the season, there culd be a time or two where the team does go mono-blue or mono-white (stormtrooper). Vegas could go all red, STL all maroon, Pittsburgh all purple, or heck, San Antonio all Kelly. So while I like the sets that I've posted, they are still interchangeable and you may even see a new helmet or pair of pants along the way. You'll just have to stay tuned for the UFA Kickoff Week in mid January :) .

I've already got a team that is in the DC limits, the Washington Eagles, so that eliminates a second team named after DC. Plus, since Virginia came into the league 30+ years before the Titans did and they decided to keep the "Virginia" title, then so be it, because Alexandria hasn't played one game, and they don't deserve to be called "Virginias Team", which is currently being held by the Admirals in Norfolk.

Ok, that makes alot more sense now.

I'm back for the second half (technically we're already past half-way) of the teams, beginning with the EAST Division, with the Baltimore Kings, the team with the first field design.

Baltimore Kings

CLICK HERE FOR THE KINGS' LOGO

CLICK HERE FOR MARRIOTT FIELD, HOME OF THE BALTIMORE KNIGS

A quick heads up for the future field designs: if you notice a logo that looks like the NFL shield, that's because it kinda is, only it has 4 stars instead of 8 and says UFA. They will be on every team's fields. I am currently in the process of making a new league logo, which will be placed on a new field template, which will also be posted.

History:

The Baltimore Kings entered the league through the 1991 expansion. The team has been relatively quiet, having some success but have not won a single EAST Division title since entering the league, although they finished in a tie for 1st place in the division, only to have the Boston Patriots come out on top based on division W-L. From there, the Kings made the playoffs as the 7 seed, their first time hosting a playoff game, only to have their spirits crushed by the eventual American Bowl Champions and 10-seed Canton Pioneers by a score of 21-6, in which the Kings failed to score a touchdown but had the lead going into the half 6-0. The Kings do have some young talent on their roster, hoping not only to clear that first hurdle by winning the franchise's first ever EAST Divisional Title in their soon-to-be 23 year history, but to win the American Bowl as well.

Kings' Primary Sets:

KingsPrimarySets_zps8d5e1398.png

Kings' Alternate Sets:

KingsAlternateSets_zps5672c786.png

Yes, the numbers are a little big, but you know the drill ;)

Thoughts?

Not really sure how I feel about a second Baltimore team using purple and black, and shrink down the numbers are bit.

I'll give a brief "What if?" for the NFL really quick:

-Since the Baltimore Kings entered the United Football Association in 1991, the Cleveland Browns of the NFL never moved out of the city. With this, the Baltimore Ravens never existed.

-The St. Louis Rams never moved out of LA, thus leaving St. Louis open as an expansion city.

-The St. Louis Stallions (a proposed team), along with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers, were announced as the expansion teams going into the 1995 season.

-The Houston Oilers stayed put because the Nashville Rebellion (previously known as the Nashville Yellow Jackets in the 90's and the early part of the 2000's) were currently in the city. Instead, the 2002 expansion team went to San Antonio using the same name (Texans)

So technically, the Kings are the only team in Baltimore period. Does that help? :)

Not really sure how I feel about a second Baltimore team using purple and black, and shrink down the numbers are bit.

I'll give a brief "What if?" for the NFL really quick:

-Since the Baltimore Kings entered the United Football Association in 1991, the Cleveland Browns of the NFL never moved out of the city. With this, the Baltimore Ravens never existed.

-The St. Louis Rams never moved out of LA, thus leaving St. Louis open as an expansion city.

-The St. Louis Stallions (a proposed team), along with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers, were announced as the expansion teams going into the 1995 season.

-The Houston Oilers stayed put because the Nashville Rebellion (previously known as the Nashville Yellow Jackets in the 90's and the early part of the 2000's) were currently in the city. Instead, the 2002 expansion team went to San Antonio using the same name (Texans)

So technically, the Kings are the only team in Baltimore period. Does that help? :)

I guess so. But I still would shrink the numbers down a bit. And I'm sensing a theme on all of these concepts, like logos are always on the cuffs and helmets. While that maybe the case for alot of teams, is that UFA "thing"? Just saying, they all look very similar. Different designs on them would be better, not saying all of them are like that and that they are bad. But I've been seeing it alot.

Archived