United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comment. I was basing it off a drawing or tattoo design. I will come back to it during the updating portion of the thread. That really helps though!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Thanks for the comment. I was basing it off a drawing or tattoo design. I will come back to it during the updating portion of the thread. That really helps though!

A tattoo design shouldn't be what you're basing your concepts on.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

A tattoo design shouldn't be what you're basing your concepts on.

I don't know, there's some incredible tattoo artists out there. So long as you don't blatantly copy anything, I think they're great to pull inspiration from.

Here is the reference picture I used to make the logo:

stock-illustration-23634077-indian-chief

So, for the record, I obviously did not trace this exactly. It was just used as a reference. Secondly, I did look at tattoo designs, but as I scrolled through the page I was on, I got into some... err... racy pics and I'll just leave it at that. Then I went to google and found this.

Here, you can kind of see where I got the "pointy nose" from.

One final thing on Orlando: Who noticed the hidden "O" in my logo?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So, for the record, I obviously did not trace this exactly. It was just used as a reference. Secondly, I did look at tattoo designs, but as I scrolled through the page I was on, I got into some... err... racy pics and I'll just leave it at that. Then I went to google and found this.

Is it on the headdress?

Is it on the headdress?

Winner winner catfish dinner. It's right above the two vertical feathers. At first, it was gonna be a solid circle, but then I thought "Ah, what the hey :P "

At the moment, I am making a new logo for the Admirals. I think from now on I will post reference pics if I remember where I found them. I've seen some pictures where, with an anchor (also use on tattoos. go figure) and it says "I refuse to sink". I think if I drop the "I", that would make a nice motto wordmark or something. Does that sound good or would you need to see it first?

This explains a lot. If I were you, I'd go a little bit further in detail with the mark. You can create a lot of character by stylizing a little detail.

This explains a lot. If I were you, I'd go a little bit further in detail with the mark. You can create a lot of character by stylizing a little detail.

I see areas where I can add detail and areas where I need to start over, and by that I mean the jaw.

You guys have given me a lot of feedback and some great ideas with this. I really appreciate it

LOGO UPDATE TIME!

The Virginia Admirals have released their new logo for the 2014 season, featuring the team's motto used since the late 80's, "Refuse to Sink", which has also been made into a workmark as well:

(CAUTION: BIG LOGO)

AdmiralsPrimary_zpscb38749f.png

Wordmark/Motto Combo:

AdmiralsWordmark-Motto_zps555eb79d.png

Reference Images:

i_refuse_to_sink_anchor_and_rope_by_dgc0royalty-free-anchor-and-banner-logo-by-s

The Banner reference logo was used because I couldn't draw a very good banner on my own, so I looked at this one for help. I traced over top of the drawing and then moved the shapes off of the drawing onto a blank area on paint.

Has anyone else noticed I like symmetrical logos? I think this and my Huskies logo are my favorites and both happen to be symmetrical. I love all of my logos, as should anyone who makes their own designs. OKC's logo will be a favorite for a while because it was the first one I made. Thoughts on the new logo for the Admirals?

The big concern with the Admirals logo is lack of colour contrast. If this were in greyscale, the blue and red would read the same. Lighten one colour and darken the other.

rATMcmK.png

Here's another option I whipped up real quick:

AdmiralsPrimaryOption2_zps539641a5.png

With this, it steers away from the "Red-White-Blue" color scheme, but I wanted to avoid yellow/goldenrod, otherwise they would look like Nashville. The gold used here is similar to that I used for Washington. Thoughts?

The next team up is the most successful team to come from the UFA NORTH Division, the Minnesota Tigers!

The Minnesota Tigers are one of the Original 8 teams that entered the UFA in 1978 (that's what I'm calling them; there are Original 8's in the other leagues as well). The Tigers are one of the more successful franchises in the league, winning 4 American Bowls (1979, 1996, 2003, and 2008) and 12 Divisional Titles: 5 WEST and 7 NORTH Division Titles. The reason they have won titles in two divisions is because, from 1978-1990, the UFA was only split into two divisions, which were East and West. In 1991, the North and South divisions were added, but Minnesota remained in the West Division until 1996.

This past season, the Tigers finished the season 11-5, winning the NORTH Title and earning the #2 overall seed in the playoffs. In the postseason, the Tigers easily defeated 15) Nashville Rebellion in Minneapolis. In the second round, Minnesota was upset 28-21 in OT at home against the eventual champions 10) Canton Pioneers. This season, Minnesota is expected to win it all as their future Hall-of-Famers QB Michael Young and WR Stephan Phillips hope to win their 3rd and 2nd American Bowls, respectively.

Primary Logo:

TigersPrimaryLogo_zps5b1ad62b.png

Partial Logo:

TigersPartialLogo_zpsfad66741.png

I was gonna use this as the primary but it was so small I put it in a roundel to make it larger

Alternate Logo (posted on previous page as well):

TigersPrimaryLogo_zps714cae01.png

Primary Sets:

TigersPrimarySets_zps689b4d48.png

Alternate Sets with all black sets (no hydrochrome this time) and all white set to pay tribute to the white Bengal tiger:

TigersAlternateSets_zps42bf4995.png

I didn't make a hydrochrome helmet because the logo didn't work on the helmet like I had hoped. Below are some comments I received when I posted the ripoff concept back in late August, which I guess applies to this one:

Dear Bengals:

See, you could have gotten it right; here's an example of it. Instead, you pretty much blew it.

Pant stripes look good. I like it.

I like them, but they are very similar to the bengals. The first alternate is by far the best, especially the helmet

Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about this!

(Cue Black & White effect with saxophone in the background)

It was a cold and stormy night on the streets of Chicago, just a few blocks down from the Madhouse on Madison. The smell of Chicago-style pizza was in the air as the cry of DAAA-BEARS! echoed throughout the city. Just then a man by the name of Ditka appeared from the shadows of Soldier Field, wearing a thick hipster-like glasses and sporting an awesome thick gray mustache. He stepped into the light of a street lamp known as the United Football Association. Since 1995, the man known as "Coach" by his peers has owned a football franchise that has yet to see the promise land of the American Bowl, but they always get what they want on their home turf if the visiting team knows whats good for 'em. They always make offers that nobody can refuse right before the trade deadlines and UFA Draft. He is known as the brains of the organization and if you wanna call out his players, you've gotta get through him, so "STOP IT".

Alright enough of the "early 1900's Mobster theme meets mid 90's-early 2000's and Ditka" stuff. I'm not a story teller :P

Where am I getting with this? The next mr.nascar-made logo, that's where!

Here are a couple of options I have for the Mobsters:

Option A

MobstersLogoOption1_zpscaa6953c.png

Option B

MobstersLogoOption2_zps31eb7293.png

I cant decide on which one to use. What do you guys think. I am also taking C+C on the Blue and Vegas Gold Admiral Anchor as well. PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS!

Archived