United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

LOGO UPDATE TIME!

The Virginia Admirals have released their new logo for the 2014 season, featuring the team's motto used since the late 80's, "Refuse to Sink", which has also been made into a workmark as well:

(CAUTION: BIG LOGO)

AdmiralsPrimary_zpscb38749f.png

Wordmark/Motto Combo:

AdmiralsWordmark-Motto_zps555eb79d.png

Reference Images:

i_refuse_to_sink_anchor_and_rope_by_dgc0royalty-free-anchor-and-banner-logo-by-s

The Banner reference logo was used because I couldn't draw a very good banner on my own, so I looked at this one for help. I traced over top of the drawing and then moved the shapes off of the drawing onto a blank area on paint.

Has anyone else noticed I like symmetrical logos? I think this and my Huskies logo are my favorites and both happen to be symmetrical. I love all of my logos, as should anyone who makes their own designs. OKC's logo will be a favorite for a while because it was the first one I made. Thoughts on the new logo for the Admirals?

I finally figured out what bugs me about this. The execution's there - maybe a bit too much detail in the beveling for my tastes - but it's in the saying "Refuse to Sink." The image is an anchor, an object that's entire function is sinking. I'd either drop the slogan on the banner, or make a separate mark that's either a ship or the captain's wheel (something nautical) that you could also wrap the banner around. It's a great slogan, though!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOGO UPDATE TIME!

The Virginia Admirals have released their new logo for the 2014 season, featuring the team's motto used since the late 80's, "Refuse to Sink", which has also been made into a workmark as well:

(CAUTION: BIG LOGO)

AdmiralsPrimary_zpscb38749f.png

Wordmark/Motto Combo:

AdmiralsWordmark-Motto_zps555eb79d.png

Reference Images:

i_refuse_to_sink_anchor_and_rope_by_dgc0royalty-free-anchor-and-banner-logo-by-s

The Banner reference logo was used because I couldn't draw a very good banner on my own, so I looked at this one for help. I traced over top of the drawing and then moved the shapes off of the drawing onto a blank area on paint.

Has anyone else noticed I like symmetrical logos? I think this and my Huskies logo are my favorites and both happen to be symmetrical. I love all of my logos, as should anyone who makes their own designs. OKC's logo will be a favorite for a while because it was the first one I made. Thoughts on the new logo for the Admirals?

I finally figured out what bugs me about this. The execution's there - maybe a bit too much detail in the beveling for my tastes - but it's in the saying "Refuse to Sink." The image is an anchor, an object that's entire function is sinking. I'd either drop the slogan on the banner, or make a separate mark that's either a ship or the captain's wheel (something nautical) that you could also wrap the banner around. It's a great slogan, though!

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the input. I agree it's a good slogan. In the pic with the rope, it says "I refuse to sink'. I'm assuming it's for people who are fighting cancer, lost a loved one, or something where they say "hey, I refuse to let this get to me. I will keep my head up high and get through this in one piece" or something like that. I will try the ship wheel. It may be easier to make.

At the moment, I am exploring the color scheme of the black-maroon-gold logo I posted yesterday. I may make the black a dark gray, but as of now, there is no black on the primary sets. To me, it's like the Florida State color scheme only black makes a stronger appearance (in the alts anyway)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

StarsPrimarySets_zpsf8a447cb.png

Here is a proposal for the LA Stars. I only have the primary sets for the time being. The helmet has a slight gradient from top to bottom from maroon/plum to dark maroon. Thoughts on these? a gold and black alternate may come as well.

Here is the primary logo as well, also posted on the previous page:

StarsLogoProposal_zpsff7df903.png

The color scheme resembles the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one of the top honors a celebrity can receive

steven-spielberg-star-with-maori-chiefly

. The circle on the star is typically used to show what business that star is in. For instance, stars like Jennifer Anniston, Chuck Norris, and even fictional stars like Shrek, Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Lassie... The list goes on and on. Those stars have received a star with an old reel-to-reel projector. TV Stars like Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, Kermit the Frog, and Ellen DeGeneres have received an old-fashioned TV symbol. Even musicians and artists like Michael Jackson and Dolly Parton have received a vinyl record symbol Since none of the symbols really match with football or athletes, I created a symbol similar in style to the others by putting a football on it. It's not exact, which I might fix, but it still looks fine to me.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The first post has been updated with direct links to the logos. These will be updated as time goes on. Interesting note I found out while digging through the UFA folder on my photobucket account: the team with the highest amount of views was Nashville at 70 views. Some of the newer ones didn't even have 1.

New Logos

Virginia Admirals Ship Wheel Logo with Navy/Gold Color scheme

AdmiralsLogooption1_zps56deb3ea.png

Los Angeles Stars w/o black square background:

StarsLogoPrimary_zpsc2d3e67e.png

Here is a link to the slightly updated LA alts (had to change the name on the back of the gold jersey)

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r773/mrnascar13/United%20Football%20Part%202/StarsAlternateSets_zps6a5eb2fb.png

New non-blurry Pittsburgh Maulers Primary Logo (in link below)

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r773/mrnascar13/United%20Football%20Part%202/MaulersPrimary_zps5182fa52.png

I think I've Said it before, but Pittsburgh is probably my favourite

citizen_cane.gif

Woah woah woah... Why you giving him the applause? :lol:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I'm in the process of updating the Admirals uniforms. Hint: I've got NAVY on the brain

I was working on a logo for the Stallions, but I didn't save it when I turned my laptop off :cursing:

I think I've Said it before, but Pittsburgh is probably my favourite

citizen_cane.gif

Woah woah woah... Why you giving him the applause? :lol:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I'm in the process of updating the Admirals uniforms. Hint: I've got NAVY on the brain

I was working on a logo for the Stallions, but I didn't save it when I turned my laptop off :cursing:

He posted it in the wrong thread.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

New Admirals Sets

Primary Sets:

AdmiralsPrimarySets_zps2bf3b73d.png

Alternate Sets with Patriot Day/Memorial Day Alternate on the right:

AdmiralsAlternateSets_zps359e8551.png

Striping Inspiration:

New-Navy-Uniforms-for-Army-Navy-Game-4.j

Partial Logo:

AdmiralsPartialLogo_zps16d88719.png

These will be added to the OP. Thoughts on these? I, personally, am loving how these turned out. What do you guys think?

New Logos

Virginia Admirals Ship Wheel Logo with Navy/Gold Color scheme

AdmiralsLogooption1_zps56deb3ea.png

Los Angeles Stars w/o black square background:

StarsLogoPrimary_zpsc2d3e67e.png

Here is a link to the slightly updated LA alts (had to change the name on the back of the gold jersey)

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r773/mrnascar13/United%20Football%20Part%202/StarsAlternateSets_zps6a5eb2fb.png

New non-blurry Pittsburgh Maulers Primary Logo (in link below)

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r773/mrnascar13/United%20Football%20Part%202/MaulersPrimary_zps5182fa52.png

Terrific!

Thanks derschwigg! I Appreciate it!

Now, I seem to have hit a brick wall on Canton. I have no idea what to do. Here are two logos I've made:

PioneersLogo_zps4064e6c0.png

With this one, the helmet looks like the surface of the moon and he looks like he's enjoying the game too much.

PioneersLogoOption2_zpse18d468f.png

With this one, I've got the fierce look I was looking for, but either the head is too small or the helmet is too big. Maybe it's both.

I'm stuck on this one, guys. Any ideas?

A neck on the second could help.

Also, if they're the Pioneers... maybe go with a coonskin hat?

I thought of using a coonskin hat, but the reason behind the name is primarily football reasons. By that, I mean the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Some of the best players of the 60's and 70's helped pave the way for future generations of players. Plus, one of the earliest professional football teams was from Canton called the Canton Bulldogs. I gave that name to the Columbus Bulldogs, so Pioneers was the next best thing.

How's this:

PioneersLogoOption2_zps10a2ee67.png

?

A neck on the second could help.

Also, if they're the Pioneers... maybe go with a coonskin hat?

I thought of using a coonskin hat, but the reason behind the name is primarily football reasons. By that, I mean the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Some of the best players of the 60's and 70's helped pave the way for future generations of players. Plus, one of the earliest professional football teams was from Canton called the Canton Bulldogs. I gave that name to the Columbus Bulldogs, so Pioneers was the next best thing.

How's this:

PioneersLogoOption2_zps10a2ee67.png

?

But who's to say the Pro Football Hall of Fame would be in the same place in your universe?

Archived