United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

Not really sure how I feel about a second Baltimore team using purple and black, and shrink down the numbers are bit.

I'll give a brief "What if?" for the NFL really quick:

-Since the Baltimore Kings entered the United Football Association in 1991, the Cleveland Browns of the NFL never moved out of the city. With this, the Baltimore Ravens never existed.

-The St. Louis Rams never moved out of LA, thus leaving St. Louis open as an expansion city.

-The St. Louis Stallions (a proposed team), along with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers, were announced as the expansion teams going into the 1995 season.

-The Houston Oilers stayed put because the Nashville Rebellion (previously known as the Nashville Yellow Jackets in the 90's and the early part of the 2000's) were currently in the city. Instead, the 2002 expansion team went to San Antonio using the same name (Texans)

So technically, the Kings are the only team in Baltimore period. Does that help? :)

I guess so. But I still would shrink the numbers down a bit. And I'm sensing a theme on all of these concepts, like logos are always on the cuffs and helmets. While that maybe the case for alot of teams, is that UFA "thing"?

Yes and no. I like that look, so thats why you may see it often, but when I can't think of a design for the uniform, it's a space filler. Sometimes without the logo on the sleeve it looks too plain to me

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 25th, 2013: The new owner of the Dallas Longhorns, former Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson, has released the official logos for the newly formed franchise set to begin in Mid January, the beginning of the 2014 season.

Primary Logo:

LonghornsPrimary_zps6c4bd3a3.png

Partial Logo:

LonghornsPartial_zps31b3ce4c.png

Wordmark:

LonghornsWordmark_zpsa92daf84.png

What? Expected Mesquite font instead of Playbill? (mmmm. Mesquite....)

Thoughts on the logo package? The uniforms will pretty much stay the same except for the removal of the primary logo (was the University of Nebraska-Omaha logo) that was on the pants. Will post an update on Monday. The next team on the block will be the Boston Patriots. I made the logo for them as well. I hope you all like blue turf ;)

EDIT: I had a poll for expansion 2024, but I removed it because its way too soon for me to start talking about expansion teams

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Slight bump because I have two logo options for the Seattle Huskies:

The first is based on the previous logo color-wise, which is inspired by the Seattle Seahawks:

HuskiesPrimaryLogoOption2_zpsd00f5a03.pn

The second is a bit of an experiment with dark green/teal and silver:

HuskiesPrimaryLogoOption1_zpsde417260.pn

Either way, I love how both of these turned out . Personally, I'm leaning towards the green one to get away from the blue-trend I seem to be going on. Plus, I'm feeling that the blue color scheme is a little too close to that of OKC, especially since I ill be lightening the gray on OKC. What do you guys think? I know more people than DScrug are looking at this, so PLEASE give me your C+C on these. I seem to do better at the animal logos than the "inanimate object" ones

EDIT: Sorry their so big :)

I've thought it over, and I will be going with the Green Husky over the Dark Blue one, though I may use it for a throwback or something to celebrate the franchise's 10-year anniversary. But I really need some more C+C on both the green husky logo and the Longhorns' logo package. In the meantime, here is the UFA's most successful franchise and the 2nd-most successful team in the entire NAoPSL, the Boston Patriots!

Boston Patriots:

The Boston Patriots are one of the founding members of the UFA when the league began play in 1978. Boston has won 13 EAST Divisional titles and holds the league mark at 6 American Bowl Championships (1980, '81, '83, '97, '99, '10). Since 2004, the Pats have won a whopping 79 percent of their games, 2nd in the UFA in that span behind the Las Vegas Chiefs. W-L wise, the team went 124-36 with 2005 being a 16-0 season. This season, the Pats went 10-6, tying with the Kings for 1st in the division but held the tie-breaker and went into the playoffs as the 3 seed. They won their First- and Second-Round games, defeating the 14) Virginia Admirals 30-21 in the first and a shootout against the 6) Knoxville Bears 40-37 in the second before being upset by the 10) Canton Pioneers 14-10 in the Final Four matchup in Minneapolis. Going into the 2014 season, the Pats are expected to be a contender and win their 7th league title and their 2nd title in 5 years.

Primary Logo:

PatriotsPrimary_zps435ff54d.png

Wordmark:

PatriotsWordmark_zps57701862.png

Primary Sets:

PatriotsPrimarySets_zpsd6acdfef.png

Alternate Sets including a throwback to the 1980 championship set on the right:

PatriotsAlternateSets_zps0dce2e22.png

Home field:

PatriotsHomeField_zps2e3d90a8.png

Sneak peek at the next team, the first ever champions of the American Bowl and 4-time champion overall, the New York Generals:

GeneralsPrimary_zps6d8f6676.png

GeneralsWordmark_zpsbfcaa32b.png

GeneralsAlternateLogo_zpsdd3481af.png

Thoughts? PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR C+C. VIEWS ALONE DO NOT HELP. I AM SLOWLY BEGINNING TO MOVE AWAY FROM USING REAL TEAM LOGOS, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF THESE ARE GOOD IF YOU DO NOT GIVE ME ANY ADVICE OR INPUT! :)

So the Generals and Patriots both have a star as part of their logo package? Hmmmm.

It seemed fitting for the Patriots. I may revisit NY. Maybe George Washington instead with the star as an alternate? What do you suggest

Excellent work on the entire series.

By the way, the new logos for the Dallas Longhorns look fantastic.

Boston looks decent, too.

For the New York Generals, I'd replace the star with the head of an American Revolution-era General. But other than that, the wordmark and alternate logo looks nice.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Excellent work on the entire series.

By the way, the new logos for the Dallas Longhorns look fantastic.

Boston looks decent, too.

For the New York Generals, I'd replace the star with the head of an American Revolution-era General. But other than that, the wordmark and alternate logo looks nice.

Thanks JH. Appreciate it.

I'm gonna leave the Generals as-is for now until I find a picture I can work with.

For the wordmarks, I'm kinda limited because Microsoft Office can only do so much. I am slowly finding new fonts to work with, though.

I will have to update the Generals sets on my side of things because they do not have these logos. Instead, it's the old Greensboro Generals (old hockey team from the early 2000's) G-and-Star logo. I am also working on a logo for the Raleigh Rams. Both of those should be posted somewhere between tomorrow and Wednesday. At first, I had blue and yellow like the St. Louis rams had in their Glory-days, but I found someone who had made a brown and vegas gold/tan version and that color scheme inspired the upcoming look. Props to whoever made that logo btw, it looks outstanding (to see it, go to the St. Louis Rams' Primary Logo on the Mothership and look through the comments.)

Moving on to the New York Generals! (To see logos, scroll up)

NEW YORK GENERALS

The New York Generals, like the Patriots and Stars, are a charter member of the UFA. Recently, like the Stars, they have not had as much success as their early days, but have been a decent franchise overall. This season, the Generals had their worst season in almost a decade, as the team finished 7th out of 8 in the EAST Division and missed the playoffs for the third consecutive season. Basically, their the Cowboys of the UFA :D

The Generals have not won a division title since 2006 and have won 6 EAST Division Titles and 2 League titles with the first being the inaugural American Bowl Championship Game in 1978 when the team defeated the San Francisco Sharks. Their second title would come 10 years later when they won the 1988 American Bowl. The Franchise has not been to a League Title game since 2000 when they lost to the Raleigh Rams. Since the very first game in UFA history, the Generals and Patriots have had a bitter rivalry, playing on Memorial Day to end every season.

Primary Sets:

GeneralsPrimarySets_zps0e774b58.png

Alternate Sets:

GeneralsAlternateSets_zps74681a41.png

In the UFA, if you have Black, gray, or both in your color scheme, your gonna have an alternate or two with those colors. New York is a perfect example.

Here are some updates as well:

Updated Force Logo:

ForcePrimary_zps48628079.png

When I update LA, that will make 4 teams in the league with a star in their identity one way or another. When I update the Generals, though, the star will be used as an alternate but will stay on the helmet.

Here is an update to the Seattle Huskies with numbers on the shoulders and the eyes of the husky on the under shirt sleeves. I took some inspiration from other ProCombat Concepts and designs to make that.

Primary Sets:

HuskiesPrimarySets_zps31c1e486.png

Alternate Sets with a stormtrooper alt and deep gray alt:

HuskiesAlternateSets_zps60572129.png

I'm expecting to use the stormtrooper alts early in the year. If there is snow in the forecast in that city, they will wear their stormtrooper look at home. Blackout uniforms are usually worn during night games

Thoughts? Remember, POST YOUR C+C! I Appreciate ANY and ALL feedback! Good day! :flagusa:

Gonna give this a bump. By the way, thanks ThePeam. I appreciate it. Don't worry, these are the main sets, so you never know if you'll see a throwback or two, military theme, etc jersey pop up now and then ;)

I'm gonna tell you guys right now that things are gonna run a little slow for a while. After a huge fiasco with our Internet provider here at home, for the time being, I have no Internet service. It seems like the only time I can post new teams are Monday, Wednesday, and maybe a rare occasion if I'm at a library. Luckily, I'm heading to one right now. New Jersey and Philly will be posted when I get there. So, continue to post your c+c and I will try to get back to you asap

Here's another team for ya coming from the EAST Division, three-time American Bowl winner, the Raleigh Rams!

The Rams entered the league through the 1996 league expansion, otherwise known as the "half-expansion' because, unlike the expansions and league inauguration that had 8 teams (1978, 1982, 1991, and 2014) but like the expansion of 2004, the expansion only had 4 teams. The Rams entered the league at the same time as the Memphis Outlaws, New Jersey Jaguars, and Salt Lake City Devils. Raleigh came out guns-a-blazin', winning 6 out of the 8 EAST Division titles during the 28-team era from 1996-2003. Three of those division titles occurred from 2000-2002. The Rams are the only team to win three consecutive divisional titles and are the only franchise to win the American Bowl three consecutive times, also from 2000-2002. While they may have had success early in the new millennium, they have not had much success in the 32-team era of the league. Only one divisional title since the last expansion, which occurred in 2004. This season, the Rams missed the playoffs for the 5th consecutive season, finishing 6th in the division. The Raleigh Rams look to regain some of their success they had in the franchise's early days as they have become stronger, faster, and younger over the offseason thanks to a successful draft as the team is expected to make a push towards the playoffs.

The Team underwent a redesign following the 2010 season as did most teams in that season. They switched from the blue and gold similar to that of the Los Angeles Rams and switched to an underrated and underused color scheme of brown and tan.

Primary Logo, with some inspiration from the current St. Louis Rams logo:

RamsPrimary_zps539d84ad.png

Primary Sets:

RamsPrimarySets_zpsd88f179d.png

Alternate Sets which are rarely used:

RamsAlternateSets_zps78cecc69.png

Sneak-peek for the previously posted Orlando Renegades:

RenegadesPrimary_zps6077df36.png

This is currently not finished, but it is about 80% done. I think I'll use the teal, white, and navy as war paint. I don't know whether or not to keep the black outline and don't worry if I keep it, there wont be a black alt... maybe :D

What are your guys' opinion on this? How'd I do on the Rams? Too... St. Louis-y? Love to hear what you guys have to say!

For the Rams, something about the eye looks wrong, I think it needs to be moved.

Ya, I can see that too. Honestly not feeling the scheme brown-tan isn't a very good color scheme for a team in Carolina, maybe for a team in the Rockies. But not here. I'd maybe suggest carolina blue and orange, I'd like to see how that looks, because brown-tan just doesn't do it for me. The design is nice, but the color scheme needs an overhaul.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think I know what's wrong with the eye. I'll post an update tomorrow.

As for the colors, I'll experiment, and I'll post a few options for people to vote on. Brown, DScrug's option, the old Rams colors, and a few others will be posted, so stay tuned. Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? I'm still taking c+c on earlier works as well.

I've also got a second option available for Orlando. Two words: skull headdress

Archived