The National (Association) Football League - SD, TB, TEN, WSH

mbannon92

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC:

BUF-01-1.png

Crest: Western New York has a pretty sizable Italian population, so decided on an Italian-style oval for the bills. The wordmark is at the top contained inside a blue stripe and followed by the charging buffalo and the year founded. The crest was updated in 2011 with a new wordmark and a change in the color of the oval from red to white, as it was up to the early 80s (following the changes in helmet color).

Kits: After a...disastrous...adidas redesign in 2002 the Bills reverted in 2011 back to the sash that they sported from 1965-2001. The sash and the striping on the collar and socks matches the current sleeve striping.

NFC:

ATL-01.png

Crest: The Falcons' crest somewhat resembles the Seal of Atlanta with the F-falcon in a circle with "Atlanta" and "Falcons" flanking it above and below and the year founded on either side.

Kits: Another victim of adidas' early 2000s craziness, with Nike the Falcons kits retain a cleaned-up version of the sleeve treatment and eliminate the piping.

Maybe it's because there isn't a sponsor on these sets that's throwing me off. I'm just used to soccer concepts having them, is all. Atlanta and Buffalo look great by the way. I like these cross-over series. Great work all around

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Okay, let's hope this week draws a little more interest!

AFC:

CIN-01.png

Crest: The Bengals' classic roundel crest was updated in 2004 with a new font and updated stripe motif. The three stripes come from their current B-stripes primary logo, which is also used here as an alternate mark.

Kits: Since 1981 the Bengals have had tiger stripes across the chest of their kits. The style of the striping changed slightly in 2004, and white panels were added down the sides of the home kits and orange was added to the upper chest of the roads. The tiger stripes are also found on the shorts.

NFC:

CAR-01.png

Crest: The Panthers' crest is a oblique, silver rectangle with the city and nickname above and below the panther head and the founding year. In 2012 the font and panther head were updated.

Kits: The Panthers' kits have remained unchanged (other than the updated crest) since the team's founding. They feature a tapered chevron across the chest, below the manufacturer and team logos, and a contrasting collar.

I like both, but swap the black and orange on both kits' stripes. Maybe take the stripes from the primary and put them on the sides of the kit? I'm not much of a fan of the Panthers logo

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Thanks for the commentary everyone!

With regards to the Bengals' stripes, I agree that they don't look very good. But I took them right from their current jerseys, cutting them in half and placing them on either side of the logo. As I mentioned in the OP, I wanted these kits to follow the look of the teams' current uniforms. So all I can say is adidas (Reebok) designed some really crappy tiger stripes back in 2004.

With regards to the Panthers crest, what don't you guys like about it? Because it's not one of my favorites, so I'm certainly open to make some changes.

Archived