The National (Association) Football League - SD, TB, TEN, WSH

mbannon92

I have an idea for the Carolina crest, so I'll try and get to that this week and post an update.

Moving on, here are the next two teams.

AFC:

CLE-01.png

Crest: The Browns' crest is directly based off the crest on the city's flag. The shape of the crest and "CLEVELAND" are carried over, while the helmet striping and a 1940s era soccer ball are added.

Kits: The kits are pretty basic, with the striping from the crest going vertically down the center of the shirts.

NFC:

CHI-01.png

Crest: The Bears' crest is based off this logo, which was replaced by the wishbone C specifically to put on helmets--which don't exist here--so the bear-on-ball has stuck. The wordmark under the ball was added later.

Kits: Again, pretty basic. The Bears' classic sleeve striping is across the stomach of the shirts, with the GSH monogram above the NOB.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland and Chicago are your best by far. Great kits, great crests. Great job.

Not a fan of Carolina's crest and some of the other kits are just plain boring. Maybe step a little bit out of the box with some of the less traditional clubs. Cleveland and Chicago look great because you tie in their classic, timeless looks superbly. But a team like Carolina, I just feel there's so much room for exploration, or something avant garde even. Maybe it's just me. Either way, I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

AFC:

DEN-01.png

Crest: The Broncos crest was updated in 1997, and is an evolution of their previous crest. It features a bucking bronco over a blue "D". I know pretty much everyone hates this logo, but I felt like the bronco head logo was designed to fit on a helmet, so I had to go full body. And while I agree that a modernized version of the original horse would look better, this logo was created, and in this alternate universe it still would have been created.

Kits: The kits feature blue side panels running down the side of the shirts, connecting with the shorts stripes. I imagine the original Nike kits from 1997 and the subsequent adidas version would have had the panels go further up, like on the football jerseys, but when Nike took back over they shortened them to accentuate the ventilation holes on the new template.

NFC:

DAL-01.png

Crest: The Cowboys' crest is simple - the famous blue star with a silver soccer ball in the center. The plain star would have been a little too simple in my mind, and in soccer stars usually connotate championships.

Kits: Sorry everyone, this NFL was on TV in the 70s as well, so the mismatching silvers remain, as well as the two different blues. The collared shirts (because of course America's team would have collars) feature striping on the cuffs that mimic the Cowboys' current sleeve stripes.

I like Denver's jerseys, but the crest is just bad. It's not your fault, because that logo is one of the worst ever. I'd just put the Bronco head in a circle.

Agreed. That logo is awful, but like Griffinmarlins said, you aren't at fault.

That Cowboys set is great though, even with the mismatched colors.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Little bump here.

I agree that the Denver crest is terrible, but again I was going for realism here, not making every crest perfect. Every league is gonna have bad logos--hell, the Browns don't even HAVE a logo--and this is one of the few in this NFL.

Little bump here.

I agree that the Denver crest is terrible, but again I was going for realism here, not making every crest perfect. Every league is gonna have bad logos--hell, the Browns don't even HAVE a logo--and this is one of the few in this NFL.

Please don't tell me you were trying to make a :censored: crest.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Well no, I wasn't trying to make a crappy crest. I was trying to make a realistic crest. Ideally it would have been a modernized version of the old D-bronco logo, but that doesn't exist--the convulsing bronco logo does.

I like what you're trying to do with that, not every team is going to have a more traditional look. This is a fantastic series. Definitely one I'll be following.

Looking forward to more!

balitmoreorioles_sig1.png

A little late today, but I made it. Here are teams 11 and 12.

AFC:

HOU-01.png

Crest: The Texans' crest is fairly simple. It features a roundel with "Houston Texans" surrounding a skewed lone star, with a blue and red horn coming out of the top of the roundel. I went with just the star and horns because there's less of a need for a mascot with soccer crests, so the bull head wasn't really necessary.

Kits: The kits follow their current jerseys pretty closely, with a contrasting collar and sleeve hoops. I'm not sure if the hoops are a thing in kit designs, but another team in this league will use them also, so I'm making it a thing B)

NFC:

DET-01-2.png

Crest: The actual Lions crest is not used in the jersey design, so here it is. It features the current lion over two different colored stripes trimmed in black. Underneath is the nickname and city. It's based of this logo from the 60s, which has seen several updates to the lion and the addition of the wordmark.

Kits: The kits feature the two stripes from the crest vertically down the middle of the shirt, with the lion on top of them and the "Lions" wordmark above the NOB. Contrasting shorts stripes complete the two-color look. The shirt design, which evokes a racing stripe vibe, has been relatively untouched since the 60s.

I don't mind the Lion across the stripes terriby.

I think the Houston crest however shouldn't be skewed to mimic the bullhead of the original. It just looks strange. At the very least, unskew the text and the star a bit so the whole thing doesn't look so tilted. That would look better without completely compromising the connection to the original.

8VvwoNps.png

I'd move the Lion out of the stripes on Detroit, Put it on the side.

But the crest is the lion over two stripes, which is modeled by the lion being over the stripes on the shirt.

Also, I know DScruggy isn't the only one following this thread. Feel free to comment!

I'm not much of a fan of the shirts with the stripe going down the middle. For Cleveland, I feel like of you made it like a sash or something, it would work. For Detroit, maybe different colored pinstripes?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived