Ravens Logo redesign

suplauren

I've heard a few people complain about the Baltimore Ravens logo on this board. I don't have any main issues with it but I thought it'd be fun to try to re-imagine it.

Mw2CFSr.gif

-took out the B

-took out the red, because I wanted to try to stick only to the main colors on Colorwerx.

-wanted to make it more dynamic

I'm proud of it but I'd love to get some C&C!

I think the black eye looks phenomenal IMO.

EDIT: Played around for a while and tweaked yours. Made the shade of purple darker and made the red eye from the logo itself.

15fhzeu.gif

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I wouldn't do white for the beak, that's gonna stand out too much, and really would make it look awkward. Ravens beaks appear to be the same color as their head anyway. Maybe try a white keystroke between the Raven and the gold outline. Might brighten it up a bit.

I should add, I feel like the highlighting is inconsistent too. For example, there is a white highlight on the top of the beak, but none on the top of the head.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

FYI, a raven's beak doesn't turn down as much as you have it now. Currently it looks more like a hawk's beak or another fresh meat "ripper" type of a beak. A raven's beak is either very straight or a slight down turn at the tip. The beak is designed to get into hard to reach places rather then meat ripping, as most the meat they eat is soft from rot.

Sorry, that detail on the logo was bothering me. Outside of that, I like it.

The gold line around the tuft of feathers where the upper beak meets the head is inconsistent. And yes, this beak looks more like a raptor than a passerine. Otherwise, this logo is a great idea.

rATMcmK.png

I think the beak should be a different color, even a darker shade of the purple if black would be too much contrast for you.

When the beak matches the head, it makes it look more like a dinosaur than a bird.

Of course, this is nature's fault, not yours.

Raven22.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived