Hey guys,

A while back I was asked about doing a time lapse video in regards to these vintage logos. I had been hesitant in doing so, due to the fact my video card in my computer needs to be replaced, but seeing derschwigg post some videos helped convince me to give it a shot. So I went ahead & did one using a little Sony cyber shot camera but once it's converted it loses some of it's quality. I'm posting it, but if you guys feel the quality is just not good enough please let me know & I will remove it. I have to do it in 2 parts if not the video would be too long! This one is over 2 min alone. Once again I apologize for the poor quality of the video. I won't post part 2 until I get my video card issue taken care of. Hope you guys like it. Thanks!

• Like 2

Please tell me you're just tracing in that video...ridiculous.

Yes, I already have the drawing laid out real light for the video. If I recorded the process from start to finish it would be too long. Just wanted to give everyone a general idea of how I go about doing these.

All this time I thought you were working with a Waccom tablet. Good work and steady hands.

No, I do all my work in Illustrator using the mouse. Tried using one a long while back but just couldn't get comfortable with it, who knows maybe someday I'll try one again.

Please tell me you're just tracing in that video...ridiculous.

Yes, I already have the drawing laid out real light for the video. If I recorded the process from start to finish it would be too long. Just wanted to give everyone a general idea of how I go about doing these.

All this time I thought you were working with a Waccom tablet. Good work and steady hands.

No, I do all my work in Illustrator using the mouse. Tried using one a long while back but just couldn't get comfortable with it, who knows maybe someday I'll try one again.

I was about to say. That was ridiculously good. I thought you were straight drawing everything just by looking at the image next to you.

Regardless, I know a lot of people in my major who can't even do what you just did. Can't wait for part 2

I was about to say. That was ridiculously good. I thought you were straight drawing everything just by looking at the image next to you.

Regardless, I know a lot of people in my major who can't even do what you just did. Can't wait for part 2

I actually do freehand all the logos, it's just the initial outline of the original that I trace to use as a base & to reduce some of the time it would normally take if I drew it just by looking at it. Especially when doing so many...it's just one of the methods I use to make it less time consuming. Hope that makes sense. :)