The Citadel Bulldogs logo

mcrosby

- Hat is solid, smooth out the jagged edges on the feather thing (it doesn't translate well to an actual logo or serve a realistic purpose for printing, etc)

- The head/face is a complete mess...I honestly can't make any of it out except for the overall shape, which is good.

- Start with adding white for the eyes, fixing the mouth area, and working on the areas that NEED the navy to show shading/depth

- try to incorporate the spikes on the collar (after all, his name is Spike)

P.S. That Charlotte Hornet concept was great work.

- Hat is solid, smooth out the jagged edges on the feather thing (it doesn't translate well to an actual logo or serve a realistic purpose for printing, etc)

- The head/face is a complete mess...I honestly can't make any of it out except for the overall shape, which is good.

- Start with adding white for the eyes, fixing the mouth area, and working on the areas that NEED the navy to show shading/depth

- try to incorporate the spikes on the collar (after all, his name is Spike)

P.S. That Charlotte Hornet concept was great work.

Now this is great feedback. Thank you so much, and to the rest of you that gave actual constructive criticism. I'll be doing a bit of work on this tomorrow.

Better, as far as recognizing the face area now- I can make out the parts that were fuzzy before.

- In the mouth area, sharpen up the detail and add a top and bottom row of teeth...even if only one side has one tooth. I don't see a mouth with teeth yet.

- The navy thickness around the nose, upper mouth, and jowls running together (while better) is still needing some improvement. Not sure whether you need to separate some of that or lose some of the navy.

- I think you can add white to the other eye without ruining the raised cheek. I think you almost have to so the viewer knows what they are looking at. However, fixing this ^^^ may help you out where the eye isn't as important.

- Spikes. Still needs spikes! :)

Keep this one going- being from South Carolina, I have many friends that went to The Citadel and I also spent a few weeks there during a high school summer for something they have called "Boys State". Always felt that bulldog needed an update and I'm glad you are tackling it.

Guest darkpiranha

Fantastic update. But I agree with Cola that it needs spikes. It was such a prominent feature of the old logo that it should find a cool updated way to be featured in this one as well.

Archived