Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just picked up an XL red Team Canada 2014 Olympic jersey from the Sears Outlet for $29.99. Not too shabby for something that was going for $140 two months ago. It was the only one they had in stock, which is too bad, cause I would have preferred the white one, but for thirty bucks, I'll take it.

The most recent pickups at Marshalls was a fitted Mitchell & Ness Clippers cap, and at Ross was an onfield 5950 Chicago Cubs cap. Both were $7.99 each.

As for thrift store finds, I spotted a Brad Johnson Redskins jersey.

sig.jpg

There's a massive new thrift shop that just opened around the corner from me, but everytime I go in I don't have enough time to browse properly as I'm with whining kids or whatever, but I spent a solid 45 minutes browsing the other day.

Spotted a Brett Favre Packers' home jersey the other day for $4. In decent shape....was a size too small plus I'm a Lions fan so it would almost be sacrilege.

I did get a Pistons Hardwood Classics tee, white with red trim...the old 80s-90s logo on front.

They had a whole bunch of those hats you get in cases of beer, some teams that I didn't already have, but the ones I have now are just sitting there so I left them for someone who would fully enjoy them.

sig.png

There's a massive new thrift shop that just opened around the corner from me, but everytime I go in I don't have enough time to browse properly as I'm with whining kids or whatever, but I spent a solid 45 minutes browsing the other day.

Spotted a Brett Favre Packers' home jersey the other day for $4. In decent shape....was a size too small plus I'm a Lions fan so it would almost be sacrilege.

I did get a Pistons Hardwood Classics tee, white with red trim...the old 80s-90s logo on front.

They had a whole bunch of those hats you get in cases of beer, some teams that I didn't already have, but the ones I have now are just sitting there so I left them for someone who would fully enjoy them.

So, where is this place?

On this May Day, I find a Grant Hill "horse" Pistons jersey for $4 @ my local Goodwill, then I find a Buffalo Bills Eric Moulds jersey for $6 (just so I'd have a jersey from all the teams in the AFC East) and a Yomiuri Giants cap for $5. :D

UBwef0L.png

On this May Day, I find a Grant Hill "horse" Pistons jersey for $4 @ my local Goodwill, then I find a Buffalo Bills Eric Moulds jersey for $6 (just so I'd have a jersey from all the teams in the AFC East) and a Yomiuri Giants cap for $5. :D

That Grant Hill monstrosity of a jersey had better be only $4. Those were dark times for the Pistons.....

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

That Grant Hill monstrosity of a jersey had better be only $4. Those were dark times for the Pistons.....

Which color? I hated the teal but that burnt red alternate they had I love. I own a Cedric Ceballos one.

sig.png

^ Teal.

Oh, and I've outdone myself again: I found the New York Islanders "Fisherman" jersey for $20. It is NOT for sale by me, though!

You win life.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Which color? I hated the teal but that burnt red alternate they had I love. I own a Cedric Ceballos one.

The teal was god-awful. And teal is my favorite color!

^ Teal.

Oh, and I've outdone myself again: I found the New York Islanders "Fisherman" jersey for $20. It is NOT for sale by me, though!

You win life.
Now can we get an Anaheim Mighty Ducks “Wildwing" third jersey for that price?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

^ Teal.

DING DING DING DING :(

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Yet another fruitful day @ Seattle's Value Villages: I find an Edmonton Trappers jersey for $5, and three hats: A Las Vegas Stars, Boise Hawks and Kintetsu Buffalo hats, all for $10 combined. I love thrifting..... :)

UBwef0L.png

Archived