North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

There are 4 MLS teams that take it seriously and that's really sad.

I don't even get that. One of the great things about soccer is that there's always something else. Beyond the MLS, there's CONCACAF Champions League. Win that, and you play in the FIFA Club World Cup. You can get into CONCACAF by winning MLS Supporters Shield, MLS Cup, being the MLS Cup runner up or, of course, winning the US Open Cup.

Even if you don't win the league title, you still have a shot at high-level international competition. Why wouldn't you want to at least try?

It's now the other regular season conference champion rather than the MLS Cup runners-up but yeah.

Then again, when US Soccer barely gives a flying :censored: about the tournament, why should the teams?

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan base maybe, we'll see if ownership/coaches legit cares at all. They can preach it all they want, but until they are actually starting normal lineups, they don't care.

4 is probably high honestly. I don't think Chicago even cares as much now that Peter Wilt is in Indianapolis.

Hey, if you're a fan of any MLS club at all, the fourth round beckons.... ;)

There are non-MLS clubs that make it to the 4th round (unless there is a format change coming next year that I don't know about).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I wonder if the Football Yankees will take the Open Cup seriously.

I think they would since it would be a good step to take in eventually passing Red Bull in regards to number of legit trophies (RBNY only has last year's Supporter's Shield).

I think they would since it would be a good step to take in eventually passing Red Bull in regards to number of legit trophies (RBNY only has last year's Supporter's Shield).

The only thing that would make the red Bulls better is if they sell to the Cosmos.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The only thing that would make the red Bulls better is if they sell to the Cosmos.

There is a much better chance of the Cosmos selling the Red Bull/MLS. Especially since no one really knows how much money is behind the Cosmos and their ownership.

I'd be thrilled if Red Bull sold their franchise to the Cosmos. A Cosmos/NYCFC rivalry interests me far more than one with the Red Bulls.

...but it ain't gonna happen.

Cosmos and NYCFC fans are already at each others throats so it could definitely work.

Will there be any hooliganism between the squads?

No.

Certainly not from my people; even if there was any inclination on the part of our members, and I do not believe there is, our Code of Conduct is quite clear. Nor do I think the Cosmos or Red Bull fans would stoop that low.

This is New York. Save the bush-league :censored: for some other burg. :P

Will there be any hooliganism between the squads?

No.

Certainly not from my people; even if there was any inclination on the part of our members, and I do not believe there is, our Code of Conduct is quite clear. Nor do I think the Cosmos or Red Bull fans would stoop that low.

This is New York. Save the bush-league :censored: for some other burg. :P

Agreed.

The fans may dislike each other's teams but I don't think people will be that stupid.

BTW, I'm surprised that you no longer consider yourself a Cosmos fan Goth. I thought you were going to support both teams.

I still do, to a certain degree. The same way I can watch the Yankees and Brooklyn Cyclones. But when I stepped into a leadership role with the NYCFC supporters, that meant the Cosmos would never be more than a distant second.

I respect the Cosmos organization, unlike the Red Bulls. I have no ill will towards the Mos or my friends in the green and white, and want to see them do well. But I'm True Blue now.

Archived