Late Night Boredom

JQK

Not bad--but if you omit the leaf stem it would look better if the bottom of the leaf touched the circle---still nice owrk though...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Make the outer circle blue, and you've essentially got the RCAF emblem.

I'm with Steve-O though... something to replace John Kerry on the old dartboard?

Yeah, why does it feel RCAF?

The proportions of the circle?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Make the outer circle blue, and you've essentially got the RCAF emblem.

I'm with Steve-O though... something to replace John Kerry on the old dartboard?

Yeah, why does it feel RCAF?

The proportions of the circle?

I hope it doesn't feel RCAF... It'd be a dam shame to slap that on a Cessna... :P

Seriously, I think the circle/leaf design lends itself to scream "wing emblem".

this just in WHA has announced plans to have team play on the 7th plateau of hell due to a feak snowstorm that has caused hades to literally freeze over... lol

:D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

very nice jqk. much better then the stupid hockey player in leaf logo that is used right now. this logo would look nice on the jerseys used in nagano.

Don't you think that the Stupid Hockey player, is the same as the Stupid basketball player of the NBA or the Stupid Hitter of MLB?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

very nice jqk. much better then the stupid hockey player in leaf logo that is used right now. this logo would look nice on the jerseys used in nagano.

In my (admittedly biased) opinion, that "stupid hockey player in leaf logo" is the best national sports team logo in the world.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

In my (admittedly biased) opinion, that "stupid hockey player in leaf logo" is the best national sports team logo in the world.

Aside from the triple crowns from Sweden, I agree.

Don't you think that the Stupid Hockey player, is the same as the Stupid basketball player of the NBA or the Stupid Hitter of MLB?

the difference is that the "hockey player in leaf" logo is a team logo, not a leauge logo, like the mlb or nba. that style of logo works for leauge logos, but imo looks aful as the logo for a singal team.

as for being biased, just because ur from a country dosnnt mean u have to like their logo. if u like it because u really like it as a logo, then fine, thats ur opinion. but dont say its a great logo just because it represents ur country (not accousing anyone of this, but thats what i got out of ur post syphi). im one the biggest canadian patriots around, and i still hate that hockey logo. i would rather have a plain red leaf on the white jersey and a plain white leaf on the red jersey.

as for being biased, just because ur from a country dosnnt mean u have to like their logo. if u like it because u really like it as a logo, then fine, thats ur opinion. but dont say its a great logo just because it represents ur country (not accousing anyone of this, but thats what i got out of ur post syphi). im one the biggest canadian patriots around, and i still hate that hockey logo. i would rather have a plain red leaf on the white jersey and a plain white leaf on the red jersey.

I don't like it just because it's from Canada. It's a sweet logo. Classy, clear, and cool. If the U.S. had a logo even half as good, I think I'd give it the appropriate props. :P^_^ Nothing to do with patriotism or anything. I really like Manitoba, but I hate our stupid flag.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the difference is that the "hockey player in leaf" logo is a team logo, not a leauge logo, like the mlb or nba. that style of logo works for leauge logos, but imo looks aful as the logo for a singal team.

Single team? I think that logo is the logo of Hockey Canada, which comprises of the main orginization of hockey in our great country. It runs youth programs, oversees rules, etc.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca

Have you ever seen the TV commercials? They're on constantly.

Single team? I think that logo is the logo of Hockey Canada, which comprises of the main orginization of hockey in our great country. It runs youth programs, oversees rules, etc.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca

Have you ever seen the TV commercials? They're on constantly.

it does one team, alough "team" is used in a different context then say, the new york rangers team. its the logo of hockey canada. as the logo for hockey canada it has many different uses. as a logo for a youth program or the logo of an organization, which in ur own words "which comprises of the main orginization of hockey in our great country", its fine. as the logo for team canada, imo its aful. thats just my opinion though.

A little off topic, but I have two questions for you Canadian fella's...

1. What is a Canuck?

2. What is a Nordique?

Both teams have (had) neat logos, but I've never understood what the names meant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not bad--but if you omit the leaf stem it would look better if the bottom of the leaf touched the circle---still nice owrk though...

yeah Q, you know... no stems, no seeds.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

A little off topic, but I have two questions for you Canadian fella's...

1. What is a Canuck?

2. What is a Nordique?

Both teams have (had) neat logos, but I've never understood what the names meant.

I'm pretty sure Canuck was the nickname given to Canadian soliders, much like Yankees.

I know Nord means North in French, so I would think Nordiques means Northmen, or something along that nature.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived