NAPCA N. American Professional Curling Assn.

PackerFan98

NOTICE: This is my first ever attempt at making my own league up. I decided to create a curling league, The North American Professional Curling Assosiation. It will have 12 teams. I plan on doing simulated games. Up first, the Milwaukee Victors. Keep in mind that this is ALL being done in Microsoft Paint. C&C is appreaciated! Let me know what you think!

mil_zps6c8dd01a.png

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I personally think its a heck of a start. The color scheme is real fresh and the team name is unique and powerful. The only complaint would be that every think is a bit thin. It works ok on the word-mark(which wonderfully incorporates the theme) but I would love the primary be a bit more bold. Great job!

I like it. Colors look good. Like the creativity in working the M and V together. Are you going to create a back story for the teams history and name?

I don't think so. I'm going to create the league like it just started. I'm not creative enough to do the histories.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

Primary need a thicker outline but rendering is really swell. I wouldn't have chose that font but it does work well with this. The outline around the word mark is a little jagged doesn't match the curves of the S's. I love the colors(again) they're just not consistent with the two parts (no grey or black in the WM and no light blue in the primary) So i would either trade one out or add the others else where. The fix for 'wauk really helped and the unis look great.

You definitely have skill with this. Check out some of the better softwares out there. There's some really good free programs out there that will make this a lot easier on you and give you many more options to clean things up and make them look more professional. Again, great work!

Guest darkpiranha

Great start! First time I've seen curling, so you've got a pretty blank slate to play on and establish the design rules for. What sort of thoughts have you given for the visual "vocabulary" for the league? Is there going to be anything about either the logos or the uniform designs that makes it clearly Curling at a glance? For example, there are a bunch of visual elements that are relatively unique to curling, such as brooms, the rock, the markings on the lanes, etc that could be incorporated into logos and names and uniforms.

Anyway, this is going to be fun. Can't wait to see how you evolve and progress over the course of this thread.

Archived