NFL Redesign ***(fixing Browns and Patriots logo)***

YelichGraphics

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing knocking my socks off by any means, but not bad. A few things:

-why have the vintage all-red buffalo if it doesn't appear on the set?

-We already told you that those aren't the players' arms, so no skin tone there.

-Jets' black is really pixelated around the logo, number and wordmark.

These are significantly better, no kidding. And DScruggy729 is right. There's a lot of work on here. The site doesn't revolve around yours unless you put a lot more effort into your work. However, like I said, it's getting there.

It looks like the only thing that changed were the sleeve stripes. The pants and socks are still identical. Not every team needs striped socks like that and the Jets would probably look fine with solid colored socks. You may want to find some more fonts, too.

For now, check out Fonts by Conrad. Don't make your own yet, but don't use one for two or more teams, unless it's the classic block font used by Green Bay, both New Yorks, Oakland and San Fran. That's the only font that can be reused, in my opinion.

The goal is to make every team identifiable and aesthetically good looking, factoring in team uniform history. If you took a back and white picture of the jersey or helmet on their own, could you identify your Bills as THE Bills? Do they look good? And you don't need to factor in team history for a team like the Jaguars, but you definitely need to do it for almost every team you've taken a crack at thus far.

Your designs are rapidly improving. There are two general critiques I have about the series. The first is the different color on the back of every collar. Collars are pretty much always the same color throughout. The second that you have used the same fonts over and over again. Try to find a unique font for each team.

A couple critiques of your presentation: The parts you have colored in brown are undersleeves, not arms. Also, when making the second and third jerseys, you should redraw the numbers and words. Because they are pixelated, recoloring them using the paint bucket tool doesn't completely recolor the area.

Here are my thoughts on each individual team:

Bills: Except for the font, I actually quite like this.

Dolphins: What if you swapped the blue and gray colors? I think that would make for a better set. Also, I think that for a team like the Dolphins, you should have a little more curvature and motion somewhere.

Patriots: I actually liked your initial idea of crossed rifles as a logo. It just needed some refinement, such as changing the colors and simplifying the lines. The jerseys right now seem a bit bland. I think you should only use one shade of blue on the uniforms.

Jets: I'm not a fan of the inclusion of black. I see what you were going for with the "runway," but I'm not sure that's a design aspect you necessarily want to focus on for the Jets. I can live with it, though.

Bengals: This would be a decent concept if the Bengals' current jerseys didn't already exist. It's a good attempt, but I think this makes the unique Bengals set too generic.

Ravens: I'm not a fan of this. The massive wordmark makes it feel like a high school or arena team.

Browns: That's a pretty nice logo. Just try to clean up the lines a little bit and remove the bits of the reference photo still present in the nose. I don't like the font choice for the jerseys, though, and the shadows on the numbers need a bit of refinement.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

• 2 months later...

Your numbers are WAY to small

Why is that one section on the back of the collar on all your concepts a different color, it's not needed

On the pats the sleeves do t work

Your stripes dont match from the front and the back

And they stop in the most random of places

Okay, sorry, but the logo is pretty bad. No offense, but it looks like clipart. I think it needs to ba way more simple and have just a single riffle.

The 2 rifles crossed like that signifies the infantry, one rifle doesn't mean anything, but yes it does look like clip art and the logos they have now are better

1. I hate big numbers

2. The Different color colar is meant to represet my concept. Like when nike brought those ugly collars (thank god the bills don't have that colar anymore) ^_^

3. okay i understand you on that one. just an expirement on how every one would react to th 'murica Sleaves :flagusa:

4.?

5.?

6. I'm trying my hardest :P

On the logo other people wanted it back so i cleaned it up and brought it back :)

1. I hate big numbers

2. The Different color colar is meant to represet my concept. Like when nike brought those ugly collars (thank god the bills don't have that colar anymore) ^_^

3. okay i understand you on that one. just an expirement on how every one would react to th 'murica Sleaves :flagusa:

4.?

5.?

6. I'm trying my hardest :P

On the logo other people wanted it back so i cleaned it up and brought it back :)

In response:

1. Well too bad, every uniform has them .

2. so are you saying this is like your brand. So instead of putting a logo you put a different colored collar?

3. okay fine, understood, he's just saying that you need to redo them.

4.Look at the blue pats uni. See the stripes on the top? On the front there is a thin white stripe, thin red, thick blue, thin red, thin white. On the back it is thin white, thin red, thick white, thin red, thin white.

5. I think he means the strips stop before they get to the bottom of the shoulder panel.

6.I understand completely. But if you can't make a decent logo, don't make one at all. I can't make good logos, so I don't. I just use what the team currently has. If you need to do that nobody will get mad at you for it.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Archived