NFL Throwbacks (49ers, Titans, and Redskins Added)(Complete)

Djruggs

Is the Browns set even a throwback? I don't see anything different about this. Not that it's your fault, the Browns don't change anything, except for their coaches. :P

And their city. :P

Wow, it must have been tough to distinguish the Browns from the Bengals back in the day to the average viewer.

the bengals actually were coached by paul brown after being dumped by the Browns and then used virtually the same uniforms to somehow get back at them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Browns set even a throwback? I don't see anything different about this. Not that it's your fault, the Browns don't change anything, except for their coaches. :P

Quarterbacks too

ScreenShot2013-10-23at1.12.30PM_original

Bengals set looks nice. Reminds me of Auburn a little with the stripes.

The Bengals would be kinda hard because the stripes are hand painted on to the helmet.

Nope... look close you can see the decal over the helmet holes.

09000d5d81b06d27.jpg

GYI0059182592_crop_450x500.jpg?126143771 You sure?

football.jpg

Yeah, we've had this discussion on here before. The second image you posted has decals... zoom in and you can see the refelction off the ridges. The first image you posted I can't really tell.

The Bengals would be kinda hard because the stripes are hand painted on to the helmet.

Nope... look close you can see the decal over the helmet holes.

09000d5d81b06d27.jpg

GYI0059182592_crop_450x500.jpg?126143771 You sure?

football.jpg

Yeah, we've had this discussion on here before. The second image you posted has decals... zoom in and you can see the refelction off the ridges. The first image you posted I can't really tell.

the second one is painted, it's orange paint on a black shell, if you zoom in you can see where the orange paint has been scratched away, and the black is exposed, the first on looks painted too, they tend to only decal a small few normally for the newest players that can't get a painted one in time.

Nice how you just skipped over the Broncos.

I didn't want to, but there was no way I could use their helmet with anything they've worn historically.

What WOULD be possible is switch out the royal for navy from any of their uniforms from 1968 to 1996. Back in 1996, when Nike took over making uniforms for Denver, they released a lot of merchandise with the old "D" logo, but it featured navy and orange instead of the classic royal blue.

I didn't want to, but there was no way I could use their helmet with anything they've worn historically.

What WOULD be possible is switch out the royal for navy from any of their uniforms from 1968 to 1996. Back in 1996, when Nike took over making uniforms for Denver, they released a lot of merchandise with the old "D" logo, but it featured navy and orange instead of the classic royal blue.

I can't in good faith do that as I'm trying to stay historically accurate.

Use the 1962 set. The Broncos had yet to incorporate any kind of blue in their scheme, they were just orange and white. A Navy helmet would work with that set.

Use the 1962 set. The Broncos had yet to incorporate any kind of blue in their scheme, they were just orange and white. A Navy helmet would work with that set.

This:1962_Denver.png is the 1962 set and I'm not going to do Denver.

Archived