Worse baseball uniforms: Turn Ahead the Clock or White Sox shorts?

Tigers6884

Both of these uniforms are ridiculed for their uniqueness and vast contrast to the traditional baseball uniform. Because of this, they are also hated deeply by many people. My question is, which set of uniforms do you guys dislike more?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turn Ahead the Clock=Nikefying the MLB

That isn't enough to dethrone the Sox shorts from my list.[/quote

Haha, Nikefying. Word of the day....

It's used quite often, and I agree with him the shorts were a horrible idea for baseball, worse than sleeves for basketball

Turn Ahead the Clock=Nikefying the MLB

That isn't enough to dethrone the Sox shorts from my list.[/quote

Haha, Nikefying. Word of the day....

It's used quite often, and I agree with him the shorts were a horrible idea for baseball, worse than sleeves for basketball

I wouldn't go quite that far. The shorts were used for only one game, whereas the NBA has been progressively corrupting their own idea of the traditional basketball jersey.....

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

TATC was worse. The White Sox shorts were only for a game--TATC jerseys infected most of MLB.

Though it could be argued that the "one game" factor was because the shorts were so bad. I think they were supposed to last longer but the embarrass was too big.

However, I still think TATC was worse. The White Sox, I guess, tried to design a legitimate uniform. The jersey had a serviceable script...though nothing else was good. The TATC was a joke meant, I suspect, to sell silly merchandise...thankfully the fans did not jump at it.

The TATC did not look like baseball uniforms. At least the Sox uniforms looked like bad baseball uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

TATC was worse. The White Sox shorts were only for a game--TATC jerseys infected most of MLB.

Though it could be argued that the "one game" factor was because the shorts were so bad. I think they were supposed to last longer but the embarrass was too big.

That is very true. I was speaking from a fan's standpoint. If I was one of the players who had to wear those shorts, I might have a different opinion.

Okay, I don't follow baseball very much, and I wasn't around to see the Sox in shorts anyways, so reading that Chicago wore shorts comes as a shock to me. I was aware of TATC, and someone said they were only done for money. That's exactly it, they didn't set out to make a nice jersey, whereas the Sox did, and failed(I've pulled up a picture of these uniforms. Man, these sucked). That's why TATC isn't as bad, in my opinion.

The rainbow Astros uniforms aren't bad, in my opinion. I know that's an unpopular opinion, obviously, but I do like them.

Another unpopular opinion is that I like the flannel jerseys.

Archived