Qatar 2022 World Cup Discussion

Brian in Boston

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That final was a movie. Unbelievable. I watched it and I still can't believe it.

EDIT: Stu Holden just called Messi the GOAT, which I won't disagree with...except Mbappe was *this* close from being that guy today.

What a performance by both of them. It's everything you would have wanted from the two best players in the world. Incredible.

And now, MLS on Twitter will continue to tweet about Messi as they have done, along with Thiago Almada of the Atlanta United.

I ain't even a soccer fan and I watched this game. And I thought it was awesome, Argentina played a hell of a game and totally deserved to win, especially Messi. 

France fought hard, nothing to be ashamed of, especially Mbappe. 

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

You HAVE to hear the Telemundo call! Andres Cantor the announcer

Chills, my friend. Just nothing but chills. 

• Like 3

xFUdNmt.png

I watched the game on Telemundo instead of Fox this time. Cantor’s call on the winning penalty almost had my eyes welling up. I have no Argentine ties that I know of (I’m Hispanic, but not Argentine), but even I felt something with that call. Is it possible to vicariously feel a whole nation’s raw emotion? Because that’s what Cantor’s call just about did to me.

And then the game itself, wow! That is without a doubt the greatest soccer game I’ve ever watched. Messi and Mbappe delivered everything you could’ve wanted in an all-time great matchup. And to watch a legend like Messi finally win the cup was something special. I’m never forgetting this one, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

24 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I watched the game on Telemundo instead of Fox this time. Cantor’s call on the winning penalty almost had my eyes welling up. I have no Argentine ties that I know of (I’m Hispanic, but not Argentine), but even I felt something with that call. Is it possible to vicariously feel a whole nation’s raw emotion? Because that’s what Cantor’s call just about did to me.

And then the game itself, wow! That is without a doubt the greatest soccer game I’ve ever watched. Messi and Mbappe delivered everything you could’ve wanted in an all-time great matchup. And to watch a legend like Messi finally win the cup was something special. I’m never forgetting this one, that’s for sure.

I boycotted this WC but clearly cannot avoid news if I watch ESPN or just news in general.  That said, I am not shocked that they won in white shorts.  They even won in blue shorts, but haven't won a WC since 1986 wearing black shorts, superstition on not.  Go back and watch all the non-WC tournaments, too: they win a lot wearing white (with their primary kit), then they switch back to black and then boom, get eliminated.  Clearly talent has a greay deal to do with it, but it's just something that I have noticed before anecdotally.

Make that four for my squad!

Wow, just simply wow. I would have been happy either way, but I'm EXTRA stoked that Messi got his long-elusive World Cup to go along with that fourth star. But France balled out, too...wouldn't totally shock me to see Mbappe go on a legendary tear similar to Messi before it's all said and done. 

BUT ARGENTINA THO!!! 🇦🇷 🇦🇷 🇦🇷 

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||