Qatar 2022 World Cup Discussion

Brian in Boston

9 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Wth is Spain wearing today? I thought their alternate/clash jersey was navy or black. Never have seen them in powder blues

Last time they had a black away kit was in 2014, and the last time they had a navy away kit was 2010.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/spain-kits/

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

I had no problem (unlike others) with Brazil's choreographed dances following each goal today. Including the HC getting into the act 😂

They didn't get to Basketball levels of celebration so I don't have a problem with it. It's also the same people that say the USWNT are being unsporting for celebrating a goal after winning 13-0 over Thailand. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One of my favorite parts of PKs is being able to tell by looking in the kicker's eyes whether they're going to make it or not. (Especially easy with Michael Bradley.)

Spain haven't looked up to it at all, and sure enough, on goes Morocco.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Spain with some of the worst shootout kicking I've ever witnessed. The first dude missed the target, then the next just two casually walked to the ball and put almost no power or precision into their shots. Welp. Adios! ✌️

6uXNWAo.png

Ronaldo is going down in flames. Pissing everyone off on all of his teams and begging disgraced talk show hosts to be acknowledged for goals he didn't score.

One of the all-time greats, goes without saying, but this is sad to watch. Have some dignity, man.

• Like 3

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Ronaldo is going down in flames. Pissing everyone off on all of his teams and begging disgraced talk show hosts to be acknowledged for goals he didn't score.

One of the all-time greats, goes without saying, but this is sad to watch. Have some dignity, man.

And Pepe gives him the captains armband. 5-1 and domination of the Swiss, I would have left him on the bench. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And Pepe gives him the captains armband. 5-1 and domination of the Swiss, I would have left him on the bench. 

Hope he got the message. Portugal won Euros without him playing (though he was instrumental in getting them there), and they can win without him in Qatar.

Maybe. Don't know how they survive the buzzsaw that is Morocco.

Ronaldo would probably be a LAG Zlatan-level talent in MLS. They just aren't offering him Saudi money, and they probably won't genuflect to him as much as he'd like.

It's such a waste. Ronaldo with a clear sense of what he is would have such an awesome time in the US.

• Like 1

The most Portuguese areas of America i know of are southeastern Massachusetts and Newark-ish New Jersey. 

The Revs and the Red Bulls both have massive holes in their center forward positions.

Won’t happen, just can’t not see it.

• Like 1

Maybe Ronaldo knows he'd be third rate in the US compared to how he's treated basically everywhere else. That has to mess with him.

11 hours ago, Digby said:

The most Portuguese areas of America i know of are southeastern Massachusetts and Newark-ish New Jersey. 

The Revs and the Red Bulls both have massive holes in their center forward positions.

Won’t happen, just can’t not see it.

The Ironbound neighborhood in Newark is really Portuguese and Brazilian