Braden's 500th Post Project

Braden

In celebration of my 500th post, I have begun a new project.

MAKIN' IT BETTER - MLB

This project will consist with baseball concepts for every team in the MLB. But this is no ordinary concept. The logos will stay the same & the colours will stay the same, the only thing I can do is change how the colours are used, where they go, and other baseball uniform techniques to make it better.

Let me start off with the two new identities of the league, San Diego & Toronto

mlb_padres.gif

The hardest part was making an effective road uniform, meanwhile using the sand colour effectively. I really like how it worked out.

mlb_bluejays.gif

I've been working on this one for a while now, and while I agree with all of your opinions that there should be more blue, I disagree with changing any logos or colours.

Please, I beg you, if you have any comment whatsoever, don't be shy, just hit reply.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I agree with Avenger as to the color of the away unis for the Padres.

Also, to be honest. the only major problem I have with the current Jays set (except the obvious lack of red) is the huge letters on the back for the names.

Thanks for the input thus far. I forgot to mention that none of these designs are final and I take all suggestions into consideration.

How about an away jersey like this?

mlb_padres2.gif

Would something like this be better?

These are nice. My main gripe is that the gray you chose for the Blue Jays looks the same as the "sand" for the Padres. That and I think the sleeve logo should be on the left shoulder (Pads' unis).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well Vic... I used their official Pantone for the Jays away greys. I used that standard grey for those Padres unis.

Further down is the real Sand road colour. Some people said they didn't mind it and suggested bringing it back.

NEW CONCEPT

Colorado Rockies

mlb_rockies.gif

I just hate the pinstripes. You can't see anything clearly, especially on the aways. So I scrapped them and added more Purple. You don't see may Rockies concepts around here... wonder why...

NEW CONCEPT

Colorado Rockies

mlb_rockies.gif

I just hate the pinstripes. You can't see anything clearly, especially on the aways. So I scrapped them and added more Purple. You don't see may Rockies concepts around here... wonder why...

I'm not quite sure how legible the Rockies alternate would be from a distance. Maybe a additional white outline could be helpful? Just a thought...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I still think that the Rockies have the worst script logos in the MLB... Which is no offense to you, Braden. I think you did a fine job on these. I agree that you need some white outlines on the alt and BP jerseys for more legibility.

B+

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Padres look close to perfect, although i do kinda like the khaki road jerseys.

As for the Blue Jays, they definetely need more blue. I would change all the the home and road hats to all blue (and leave the Alt. hat black to match the jersey), and make the home socks blue. Other than that they look pretty good.

The pinstripeless-Rockies look very good. Maybe try a more stylized number-font to match the wordmark better. I really like the sleeveless home jersey too.

Overall very nice work, cant wait to see more!

Okay, this one can be up for debate, my new one, the Florida Marlins. The Away now has pinstripes, but I tried the sleeveless look. I know some of you think that going sleeveless is being done by too many teams, but I love it.

mlb_marlins.gif

Love all 4 of your concepts so far, but I think the patch normally goes on the left sleeve instead of the right. That minor pet peeve aside, great work...

QPR%20Sig.png

I know some of you think that going sleeveless is being done by too many teams, but I love it.

I personally wouldn't mind if sleeveless jerseys completely replaced the sleeved look.

I can hear it now: 'Every team would look the same!' Well how is that different from now?

Pinstripes with sleeveless doesn't work that well IMO, but the rest of the identity is nice. That F-marlin logo is one of my favourite baseball logos.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived