Nike Collegiate Super 25 (WYO and UTEP up)

wyopokes2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, I know many of you discounted this as being dead. I promised I would finish and I am doing just that. I'm back in action with my own school first. I have made changes to the template that I will be using for now. For Wyoming I decided to introduce a one time gold helmet that has been rumored for a few years. It should be familiar with Coach Craig Bohl as his former 3x national champs wore gold lids. The drop shadows are inspired by the Patrick Chuckwurah sets. I wanted a clean and modern one off that would reflect the schools awesome and unique colors.

Click for large pics:

14860299559_67a1eb5ee4_o.jpg

15024698006_4519410f9f_o.png

14861036020_3db17d4b41_o.jpg

15024022726_69d0a5231e_o.jpg

HE'S BACK!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

Gotta say, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the gold.The 3D version isn't as overwhelming as the flat version. Would a brown facemask work better?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

HE'S BACK!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

Gotta say, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the gold.The 3D version isn't as overwhelming as the flat version. Would a brown facemask work better?

Great day! :D I agree about the brown facemask, but even if that doesn't work, I think you have a great set here. Good to have ya back!

Great suggestions. I initially had it brown, changed to gold, and now I changed it back to brown where I will settle. This set is nothing too flashy in design terms, but definitely something the fans and players here would like as a one time thing.

Glad to see you back working on this, beautiful update. The brown facemask really helps balance out this set IMHO, so good fix there. I love the new template opposed to the former (both are excellent tho)!

I'm glad you're back in the saddle, WyoPoke. This is yet another great looking concept. I really admire your work. Your presentation is excellent and your concepts are always tastefully done. The new template looks great as well. Looking forward to the rest of the series! If you ever get time and feel like doing some requests, I'd love to see your take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Next up is the UTEP Miners. I played around forever on this one. I initially had planned on using either a grey or copper since iron and copper ores were commonly mined in El Paso. Then with the release of Arizona State awhile back I didn't want to seem like a rip of that. When I created this version it was initially blue. I called it quits on it and when I was going back through my files I decided to change the alt to orange and I enjoyed it much better. The pattern on the sleeves and pants was found on building outside the football stadium. I think it adds a nice Southwest element into the jersey. The bevel on the number is inspired by the teams logo. The white helmet felt like a nice change-up for them, as well as being historical having been worn in 1971 and 1972. The state outline and star on the shoulder were inspired by this guy. Enjoy!

PS the pick is on both sides of the helmet in case you were wondering. I'm working on a realistic side view template as we speak that I'll add eventually to the presentations

Click for larger images:

14863367787_ceb92526ed_o.jpg

14863277480_325e3a60a9_o.png

14863374767_1951122718_o.jpg

14863337538_fefb936de8_o.jpg

Archived