Nike Collegiate Super 25 (WYO and UTEP up)

wyopokes2

Hey guys, I am traveling this weekend for Easter and will be a few days on this. I'll get back to this upon return!

I wanna know where i can get that template!!

I'm not sure I'm going to release the template I'm using before I finish the series. As of right now it's pretty badly put together and I don't really want to take to the time to make it more user friendly at the moment. Plus I hate when a template is released and things like this happen. I'd like to at least wait till this thread dies before that happens. The image it's based off of was a University of Kentucky quarterback. Darth Brooks has a great thread for creating realistic templates. I used a very similar technique to make this :)

Original Pic:

13907492854_9afc8c0546.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team #7: Alabama Crimson Tide

Get the pitchforks out! Just kidding, but I may have strayed a little far for 'Bama fans comfort on this. I think it's a requirement on this board to do a houndstooth Alabama concept though. This particular helmet would look very similar to this already existing Lacrosse helmet. (Obviously based on this gentleman's hat) As we all know, Alabama has worn white helmets before and I think it would be a great one time thing that wouldn't cause too big of a fuss. Recruits love this kind of thing, and we all know Saban needs help recruiting :P When I started this uniform I initially had everything accented in gold to spotlight their most CFB championships, but decided to cut it because it looked great without. I opted instead to leave 15 metallic gold stars on the back of the helmet as a subtle touch. What do you guys think? Would it be an okay one off with you?

13981861823_37f49df4df_o.jpg

Technical Details:

13958495201_00b308e822_o.png

On Deck:

I finally got back on the horse after travelling for Easter, however things are gonna slow down over the course of the next few weeks due to a few other projects and finals. Fear not though because no matter the pace, all of these will be completed. Appalachian State is in the crosshairs next.

1st of all, living in Alabama country, I know this would never go over well, so I'm all for it!!!

2nd, it's a huge misconception that Bear Bryant wore houndstooth. He never did. It was always different styles of plaid. The university has adopted it as an official design for whatever reason. That's not your fault though, so no points off for that. (I'm obviously very biased here)

Unfortunately, this looks too much like the original ProCombat to me. Houndstooth accents and all. I'd love to see something more than just a white helmet (which is always nice) and the sublimated designs.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I love this concept! Really like the contrasting collars/cuffs matching with the white helmet. I'd buy the jersey in a heartbeat, it is a step above Nike's Pro Combat uniform they did a few years back. I wanted a white helmet for that set and unfortunately never got it. I like the gold accent idea, I've actually thought about doing that in a concept for them before but decided to stick with a silver "crystal" like color. I don't know if I ever posted that concept but I may get around to it one day.

it's a huge misconception that Bear Bryant wore houndstooth. He never did. It was always different styles of plaid. The university has adopted it as an official design for whatever reason. That's not your fault though, so no points off for that. (I'm obviously very biased here)

Bear Bryant didn't really wear the exact houndstooth pattern that Alabama uses now but he did wear some hats that had a houndstooth pattern on it. He wore a lot of different hats and most pictures you will see will actually show him in the black and white plaid, I like that the university has adopted the houndstooth look though because it is much more unique and everyone associates it with Bear Bryant anyways.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I love this concept! Really like the contrasting collars/cuffs matching with the white helmet. I'd buy the jersey in a heartbeat, it is a step above Nike's Pro Combat uniform they did a few years back. I wanted a white helmet for that set and unfortunately never got it. I like the gold accent idea, I've actually thought about doing that in a concept for them before but decided to stick with a silver "crystal" like color. I don't know if I ever posted that concept but I may get around to it one day.

it's a huge misconception that Bear Bryant wore houndstooth. He never did. It was always different styles of plaid. The university has adopted it as an official design for whatever reason. That's not your fault though, so no points off for that. (I'm obviously very biased here)

Bear Bryant didn't really wear the exact houndstooth pattern that Alabama uses now but he did wear some hats that had a houndstooth pattern on it. He wore a lot of different hats and most pictures you will see will actually show him in the black and white plaid, I like that the university has adopted the houndstooth look though because it is much more unique and everyone associates it with Bear Bryant anyways.

I agree, it is a very Alabama/Bear Bryant design. It's uniquely Alabama, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. That picture is still plaid to my eyes though. But (and here's the Auburn fan and bama hater in me) I find it funny that Alabama adopted a pattern that was never really worn by the man while claiming all these championships that never existed...(all in good humor I promise! Don't kill me!!)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 1 month later...

Where has this thread gone? I was loving this!!!

Not dead by any stretch of the imagination I promise :) . I've been moving to a new house past few weeks, started a new job, and recently had death in the family that has taken a large chunk of my time. I plan on making comeback here soon though!

I agree, it is a very Alabama/Bear Bryant design. It's uniquely Alabama, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. That picture is still plaid to my eyes though. But (and here's the Auburn fan and bama hater in me) I find it funny that Alabama adopted a pattern that was never really worn by the man while claiming all these championships that never existed...(all in good humor I promise! Don't kill me!!)

Start at about the 4:10 mark for a great inspirational speech from "Lou Holtz" to the Crimson Tide, referencing the University's 776 National Championships.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not dead by any stretch of the imagination I promise :) . I've been moving to a new house past few weeks, started a new job, and recently had death in the family that has taken a large chunk of my time. I plan on making comeback here soon though!

Sorry to hear about your loss WyoPoke. I had forgotten about this thread and am really looking forward to following it again. Your work here is amazing and it's refreshing to see!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Sorry for your loss.

Although if it hadn't been bumped, I wouldn't have seen this fantastic series in the first place. Love the idea and can't wait for more, these are really top-notch designs.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys. Thread isn't gonna be dead indefinitely. I have every intention of finishing it all eventually. I owe it to myself to finish. It's just on the backburners for awhile. My living situation and work are making it tough to get any real progress done. I have a couple of the teams done actually. Just need to convert them to the photorealistic template. I'm also playing around with some newer templates that I'm working on that I might try out instead. Maybe that's good news. Maybe it's bad news. But eventually all will be done :)

Archived