Nike Collegiate Super 25 (WYO and UTEP up)

wyopokes2

Pitts pants look a little plain to me

Plain? Did you not see what Miami and FSU revealed this past weekend? That was plain.

I agree, however, at least FSU have always had plain gold pants, but Miami was a disaster!

spacer.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team #3: Florida Gators

Well I had said this one was going to be pretty crazy, and I lied. I overhauled my original ideas with something I could get behind more. I personally am a massive Gator fan even though I don't show it here on the boards. Almost every piece of clothing is a Florida Gator shirt. I really wanted something that I would love to see them come out with in a one off. I wanted it to feel like a true alternate, and made the jersey orange for this. The uniform features a sublimated Gator skin pattern on the helmet, jersey, and pants. This is similar to what they have done in one of their past pro combat uniforms. I used the University font for the numbers (less thick than on their current jerseys. On the back of the jersey I integrated some spines that can be seen on alligators. Lastly I wanted to include the striping that has been prominent on their jerseys for decades. Questions, comments, concerns, GO!

13856885565_57b2b4e218_o.jpg

Technical Details:

13856885365_569cb812b7_o.jpg

On Deck:

I have Montana completed but I am thinking of completing Air Force and posting it first

Wow man these are fantastic. Simple and somewhat understated - but thats a very good thing, especially for a one-off series! I like that these push the envelope a bit but still remain true to each identity. The Pitt set in fantastic - they need to be wearing these full time both home and away! (and thats coming from a PSU fan). That number font... YES. Disappointed Penn State isnt on your list but im really looking forward to seeing this develop. The mix of teams is... interesting - but good to get some new, fresh teams to look at other that what everyones always doing. Nice job! Keep it up

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

While I like the concept, the blue helmet and the brightness of the colors you employed remind me so much of Boise State

Me too, at first glance, I actually thought it was Boise State

I think it's because he's using the official Pantone or ColorWerx forumlas from the schools' identity guidelines. Which is great for getting the exact right color, but I've noticed that the official swatches don't always translate well to on-field graphics. The "realistic" looking photos seem a bit too saturated which thickens/deepens the color a bit. The more classic "template" styles that he's done seem to look a little closer to what we expect from school colors.

But it's really just nitpicking. Everything looks good overall.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like being able to see the official Pantone colors, shows how much things can change from a color swatch to apparel to what it looks like on TV and such.

I know someone asked for an explanation for the Army pant stripes, and I feel like asking for one for Florida. I like the use of the ventilation area of the pants, but I feel like these mini-stripes leave a lot to be wanted. It looks good on Florida, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like adding something to have it there, not because it has a purpose or to break up the monotony of a solid color uniform aspect.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm a little disappointed you're not doing Ohio State, but I'll live.

So far though I love what you've done. Army and Pitt look balanced and fresh, but Florida is a little too high contrast for me. Maybe tone it down a little and hit a white helmet and/or white pants? Just a thought.

Presentation is also on point, stoked to see what you have next.

OHIOST.pngSF.png SF.pngSAC.png

What is the UM logo between Miami and Oklahoma?

Montana.

These are great so far, man. Really nice to see someone make the extra effort to make their series stand out from everything else that'll likely hit the boards in the next few months. Also really happy to see that you've taken a bit of a step away from the "standard" teams in Nike's alternate uniform carousel. Those are the teams I'm really excited to see, to be honest :)

Keep up the awesome work!

Team #4: Air Force Falcons

Thanks guys! Aright good points have been made so far. Please keep in mind the large presentation is a loose interpretation of what the technical version is. My template isn't 100% perfect and the colors don't always transfer correctly. I am doing my best to correct that. I will try and take that into account going forward with this project. I have a feeling that this one isn't going to be very well liked among most users. BFBS and all! This is a combination of two former Air Force jerseys. These are to pay tribute to one of, if not the most, badass thing that humans have every built in the B2 Stealth Bomber. The seemingly random piping on the jersey is inspired by the markings on the plane itself. The helmet decals are supposed to be a dark chrome. The numbers are meant to be really metallic/chrome as well. I really just wanted something dark, stealthy, and cool. Something the original stealth uniforms didn't really do for me.

13864602313_2696be07e9_b.jpg

Technical Details:

13864945704_d658722baf_o.png

On Deck:

Most likely Montana at this point. Also that is the UM between Oklahoma and Miami :)

I personally am a massive Gator fan even though I don't show it here on the boards. Almost every piece of clothing is a Florida Gator shirt.

Well... that answers my question on why Florida State isnt included in this lol.... but the design is good, but as was said before, it's a little too much like Boise State.

I've always thought that Florida should use a gator skin pattern on their helmet. I think it would look great in orange too (not with an orange jersey though).

Gotta mention that I like the detail of the B2 Bomber on the AF jersey.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Pitt looks fantastic. Excellent work on paying homage to the past but with a little forward flare of the unique numbers. You are right that a vast majority of Panther fans would like to see the script back on the helmet.

Great start to this thread. Looking forward to seeing more.

Army and Air Force are very cool looking. I also like that you took a chance with Florida.

One more thing. Pitt seemingly altered their panther logo without much fanfare this year. http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/pitt/graphics/pitt-fb-sched-splash-012214.jpg

Archived