High School Redesigns

Jvelleu

I love how you incorporated the JOHN JAY in the patriot head. It took me a bit to figure out what exactly it was, but I think all the aspects of it work very well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you incorporated the JOHN JAY in the patriot head. It took me a bit to figure out what exactly it was, but I think all the aspects of it work very well.

Thanks, their current logo (linked below) follows the same sort of design but its a little more basic. The legibility of the J in JAY was my biggest concern so im glad you could read it.

John Jay logo: http://www.wappingersschools.org/cms/lib01/NY01001463/Centricity/Domain/1118/logoBlue.gif

I love the simplicity of the Mission Viejo identity.

Having considered the schools in AZ that could use identity help, I'm going to give you the next challenge: Deer Valley High School (Skyhawks). Nothing terribly consistent and a terribly underutilized name considering that it shares a name with Deer Valley Airport in north Phoenix. Deer Valley is the world's busiest airport without a scheduled airline and its 22nd busiest in total; it is also one of the world's busiest general aviation airports. Double blue, white and occasionally silver.

Here's their most recent helmet:

deervalley13.jpg

Both of the logos here are also in use with an actual bird theme.

Hey, are you almost done with New Holstein (WI) huskies

NewHolsteinHuskiesLogoPackagesmall_zps5b

Current Logo

The logo is just okay. The rendering isn't great. The ears are odd, like why is there a bend in the front one? The muzzle also looks sort of lazily done, it'd be better to refine it more. Also, I don't feel like the wordmark goes with the logo. The font has more of a western vibe. It looks too spiky to go with the logo.

Okay so I went back and fixed up New Holstein a bit

NewHolsteinHuskiesLogoPackagev2small_zps

Changes:

-fixed the ear

-changed the wordmark to mirror the husky tail better

-slight tweaks to the curve of the nose

-made the NH logo into a paw

-smoothed out front legs

I can definitely see how you get similar vibes from that NIU logo but when I look at the two together, I dont really see how i can differentiate mine any more than i already have. The pose is different, the head is different, the eyes are different, and the shading is different. The legs and tail are where i can see the greatest similarities but how much can you really change them without it no longer looking like a husky. I did smooth out the front legs to make them a little more different but thats about all i could think to do.

Jvelleu, these are well done. I would just encourage you to make sure you take your time with these. There are so many requests flying in, and you have expressed a desire to do all of them, but I would encourage you to pick the ones you really want to do and do them well. It isn't your job to make sure everyone's high school gets a logo update.

award%20sig.png

Okay so I went back and fixed up New Holstein a bit

NewHolsteinHuskiesLogoPackagev2small_zps

Changes:

-fixed the ear

-changed the wordmark to mirror the husky tail better

-slight tweaks to the curve of the nose

-made the NH logo into a paw

-smoothed out front legs

I can definitely see how you get similar vibes from that NIU logo but when I look at the two together, I dont really see how i can differentiate mine any more than i already have. The pose is different, the head is different, the eyes are different, and the shading is different. The legs and tail are where i can see the greatest similarities but how much can you really change them without it no longer looking like a husky. I did smooth out the front legs to make them a little more different but thats about all i could think to do.

this is amazing, thank you

I wouldn't worry about it being too much like NIU. I think it's unique enough, and I thought NIU had a good logo anyway; it should be used as an inspiration. The NH is a lot better all in one color, so good change. Once again, excellent work.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Archived