Nashville Skyline basketball concept

-kj

Ok, since I stayed up too late to do this, I might as well show it off...

skyline-sm.png

Larger version

Wordmark

Tower alone

Home jerseys

Road jerseys

Floor

Comments, constructive criticism, suggestions, etc, all welcome.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Pretty Sweet!!! Great job! :D:D:D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

You mean Nashville has a skyline that doesn't just consist of the tops of double-wides? Who knew? :P

Seriously, I'm not sold on the choice of font for the wordmark (looks a little too soft & cuddly for pro hoops), but you've got a good thing goin' with the Colorado Crush colors. I'd choose a more agressive looking font, but that's just my preference.

Overall, I'd give this a B... good job.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

maybe its just me but the numbers look huge on the jerseys... is it just me or are the crush colours the flavour of the month...lol :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

This ain't no college jersey, GMac, they're supposed to be big.

And, actually, I didn't realize until y'all pointed it out that those were the colours I ended up with. Besides the navy, the other colours were picked to somewhat mesh with the colours of the actual building.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Nice work... the building kinda reminds me of an old Wurlitzer. (That's what those jukeboxes were called, correct? Forgive me, it was a few decades before my time.)

I think you've done a terrific job. I don't think it looks as soft as it does smooth, and with a name like Skyline, based in a city like Nashville, known for it's crooners, something smooth is definitely in order.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like the wordmark myself... It's got kind of a honky-tonk feel to it, like a can of Schlitz or something. :D

I give the whole concept an A. I'm really digging the logo. Fantastic work.

So would the starting lineups be introduced with a Bob Dylan song? :P

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Wow, I love it. It's original and it looks great.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Nice work... the building kinda reminds me of an old Wurlitzer. (That's what those jukeboxes were called, correct? Forgive me, it was a few decades before my time.)

I think you've done a terrific job. I don't think it looks as soft as it does smooth, and with a name like Skyline, based in a city like Nashville, known for it's crooners, something smooth is definitely in order.

Yep, they're Wurlitzers... manufactured by people such as my grandfather in sunny (at least for today) North Tonawanda, New York...

Oh, about the actual logo - nice colors, but I agree with the general consensus on the wordmark.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I like it all, not the colours I'd pick--but then that's a good thing or we may all have red unis!--Good to see some different colour schemes...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This logo is wicked awesome. However, the unis are a little plain. But, they are nice. BTW, the building in Nashville is the Bell South building. And contrary to popular belief, Nashville has a very nice skyline. Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

Archived