Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Has anyone notice the terrible paint jobs on the last couple of SB field its like they skim so so much on the paint..... 

Notice that old Turf on SB the fields looked great....but the jobs on those new gassy turf looks atrocious yuck!!!

There should be ground rules 

1. Conference Logo on end zone with or with or with out Helmet

2. Home Team gets the dark color end zone

3. NFL Logo on 50 and SB logos on 25 Yard line

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JQK said:

wouldn't the enzones be reversed? seeing as the Chiefs had the left endzone last year?

The AFC has been in the left endzone for each of the last 4 Super Bowls, starting with Super Bowl LI, so I think they will continue the trend for this year, but really, who knows. There has been no endzone consistency since before Super Bowl XLV.

10 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

I just don't see the NFL deviating from this for the Super Bowl, hopefully I'm wrong...

Watch: Panthers attempt rare fair catch kick against Bucs in London |  Yardbarker

I agree, this will most likely be the Buccaneers endzone.

13 hours ago, DJB said:

I really hate to ask, but could we see how a Bucco Bruce creamsicle endzone would’ve looked??? Thanks so much. Always love this board.

I'll probably do a few different concepts, spanning different eras of the Super Bowl fields between this week and next.

3 hours ago, Spurs99030507 said:

Has anyone notice the terrible paint jobs on the last couple of SB field its like they skim so so much on the paint..... 

Notice that old Turf on SB the fields looked great....but the jobs on those new gassy turf looks atrocious yuck!!!

There should be ground rules 

1. Conference Logo on end zone with or with or with out Helmet

2. Home Team gets the dark color end zone

3. NFL Logo on 50 and SB logos on 25 Yard line

It was specially bad in Super Bowl LI. Players literally were taking the endzone paint away. By late in the second half, the area where the Patriots logo was, became almost full-on green because all the blue had been taken away.

29 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

It was specially bad in Super Bowl LI. Players literally were taking the endzone paint away. By late in the second half, the area where the Patriots logo was, became almost full-on green because all the blue had been taken away.

The endzone paint most notably got worse after the half time show, where they had to drag out the stage, and most of the crews and performers came out through that tunnel. They may have tried some different paint that year, but the good thing is, we haven't seen anything that bad since. It helps that this game will be on grass. The Super Bowl fields always look so much better on a grass field. It's extremely disappointing that the Rams new stadium opted for turf (because of the needless roof in southern California). California Super Bowls on grass have always looked by far the best, in the daylight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pitt6pack said:

The endzone paint most notably got worse after the half time show, where they had to drag out the stage, and most of the crews and performers came out through that tunnel. They may have tried some different paint that year, but the good thing is, we haven't seen anything that bad since. It helps that this game will be on grass. The Super Bowl fields always look so much better on a grass field. It's extremely disappointing that the Rams new stadium opted for turf (because of the needless roof in southern California). California Super Bowls on grass have always looked by far the best, in the daylight.

California Super Bowls are the best period. Sunny to start the game, starting to get dark on the halftime show, dark to end the game.

Reason why some of my fav fields have been SB XXVII, XXXII, XXXVII and 50. Some Broncos bias, maybe. but I do think those fields were pretty good.

• Like 2

Agree about the SB's in Cali, just perfect. Outside, grass, starts in the day, ends at night. Might be why the Rose Bowl is my favorite College Bowl game.

The Bucs endzone, I don't know, it just reads too dark for me. No pop at all. Darkish red with a dark wordmark. I can barely read the wordmark.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

I will never ever pretend to be anywhere near as talented as Pitt or anyone that actually knows how to do this. I just got images and pasted them on top of other images just to make a concept for fun... This would be close to my "ideal" design for a Super Bowl field... Too much stuff? Maybe the logos of the Bucs and Chiefs are a bit too big, but I feel like concept is understood here. To be honest, I may have different designs in the endzone as far as it does not need to be plain color.

ckaNaHy.png

This is friggin brilliant! And beautiful. Love that the field actually looks like grass! LOL

Logos are a bit to big. I soooooo miss the Conference Logos in the endzones.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Agree about the SB's in Cali, just perfect. Outside, grass, starts in the day, ends at night. Might be why the Rose Bowl is my favorite College Bowl game.

The Bucs endzone, I don't know, it just reads too dark for me. No pop at all. Darkish red with a dark wordmark. I can barely read the wordmark.

Rose Bowl is my favourite, too. And yeah, unfortunately though that is on the Bucs colours. That happened in Super Bowl XXXVII as well, to a degree. Only way to make it actually "pop" is with a White endzone or something, which is not possible.

2 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

This is friggin brilliant! And beautiful. Love that the field actually looks like grass! LOL

Logos are a bit to big. I soooooo miss the Conference Logos in the endzones.

Aye! Thanks. Yeah, logos are a bit too big, you're right I made them span roughly 13 yards, maybe 10 is enough. From the 30 to the 20 so the 25 is dead on center.

23 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

Rose Bowl is my favourite, too. And yeah, unfortunately though that is on the Bucs colours. That happened in Super Bowl XXXVII as well, to a degree. Only way to make it actually "pop" is with a White endzone or something, which is not possible.

For the Bucs, how about a white wordmark outlined in pewter? Or outlined in black? Keep the red endzone but just swap the color for the wordmark maybe?

I wouldn't mind even something like this... but even this won't happen. The Super Bowl fields under Goodell have become so boring, and do not have the "look" of the ultimate championship game of the sport.

Esr9wqZXcAMF_A5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 4

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

17 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

For the Bucs, how about a white wordmark outlined in pewter? Or outlined in black? Keep the red endzone but just swap the color for the wordmark maybe?

Yeah, that could probably work. Again, I have zero skills on that so not sure how to pull it off lol.

3 minutes ago, JQK said:

I wouldn't mind even something like this... but even this won't happen. The Super Bowl fields under Goodell have become so boring, and do not have the "look" of the ultimate championship game of the sport.

Esr9wqZXcAMF_A5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This looks really nice as well. Not sure about the NFL logos on the 25s, but I guess you gotta have them somewhere.