Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

On 2/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, insert name said:

A lot of these are really good. They really show how much the conference logos are missed in the endzones. You need that symmetry.

I agree the last SB fields have looked off  even the single team logos make the end zones look like :censored:  The Pats/ Panthers SB had the helmets but were small AF

ICYMI

paint team colored lines on ‘20’s’  red/white/blue line on 50 Outline numbers in team colors  have been missing

is there a committee or some one to address these issues the biggest game with so much money spent and and a playing field that should show the spectacle of sport

but yeah probably the best field since SB 50

Edited by Spurs99030507
spelling

On 8/12/2014 at 8:29 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXX: January 28, 1996 - Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, Arizona

Dallas Cowboys - 27         Pittsburgh Steelers - 17

8HhjRvr.png

Super Bowl XXX field without team boxes

Hidden Content

I've got Super Bowl XXX on VHS (it was painful to watch) so I was able to prefect the helmets.

< Super Bowl XXIX    First Post    Super Bowl XXXI >

The last Field of the Classic Superbowl template era

On 9/13/2014 at 11:48 AM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXXVIII: February 1, 2004 - Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas

Carolina Panthers - 29         New England Patriots - 32

k7yuFvS.png

Super Bowl XXXVIII field without team boxes

Hidden Content

This Super Bowl to me fells like the beginning of the end for good looking fields. From this point on the fields begin to degrade, as the helmets go, then at least some interesting endzone designs go after Super Bowl XLI, then of course we get to Super Bowl XLV, which puts the fields on life support, and finally the field for Super Bowl XLVIII just kills it.

< Super Bowl XXXVII    First Post    Super Bowl XXXIX >

It the helmets were bigger it would have been PERFECT!!! why they made them smaller is a joke

On 2/3/2021 at 5:44 AM, Spurs99030507 said:

At least they didn't skimp on the paint Chiefs endzone could have used a bit more yellow

As per custom. The field will be painted one more time before Supekr Bowl Sunday. That will make the field look Bright.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

20 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

Obviously still a few days out, but will be interesting to see how the field holds up if these weather conditions happen on Sunday.

Local stations here in Tampa are saying that the majority of the rain should be before kickoff, but clearing up shortly after kickoff.

2 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Honest question: To all the people who continue to gripe about the loss of unique Super Bowl logos, do the colorful and creative decorations around the stadium compensate for that? It does for me.

In my opinion, while not as good as when each was unique and made for the game itself, the addition of the colors and other garnishes does make it better. Still not as good, but better than before. The XLV-XLIX era was easily the worst, post-50 they have improved slightly.

• Like 1

Some observations from tonights game, and slight adjustments I will need to make:

Super Bowl logo did not have any gradient painted into it this year. Some years they have (last couple years), other years they havent (XLV, XLIX). Also, Super Bowl logo hieght looked to be 20 feet tall, and width I can size proportionally to that. 

Also, there was some darker green paint between the sideline hashes, and the sideline (for visibility on replays for catches on the sidline)

11 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Honest question: To all the people who continue to gripe about the loss of unique Super Bowl logos, do the colorful and creative decorations around the stadium compensate for that? It does for me.

The banners inside and around the stadium was more creative and had more character than the logo 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Some observations from tonights game, and slight adjustments I will need to make:

Super Bowl logo did not have any gradient painted into it this year. Some years they have (last couple years), other years they havent (XLV, XLIX). Also, Super Bowl logo hieght looked to be 20 feet tall, and width I can size proportionally to that. 

Also, there was some darker green paint between the sideline hashes, and the sideline (for visibility on replays for catches on the sidline)

Use to be quite common before HDTV. It was very noticeable on the old Astroturf.

iq5b7nF.png

Looks like the field held up well despite rain the day before

....crazy if it would have looked like the SB IV field at the end of the game LOL

but then again the field is much  manageable the grass turf they have to make adjustments for sure

but yeah they got to go retro (AFC /NFC Helmets) next year someone has to tell that old fart who doses those to fix it!!!

Already looking ahead to next year, but usually we see what the logo is going to be in the Super Bowl program, but there was nothing this year. This is the only logo I've seen so far and I'm pretty sure it was from the NFL website, and as Chris pointed out, hopefully its just a placeholder and not the actual logo for next year.

yalSCLI.png
spacer.png
JnGTN1H.png

3 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

Already looking ahead to next year, but usually we see what the logo is going to be in the Super Bowl program, but there was nothing this year. This is the only logo I've seen so far and I'm pretty sure it was from the NFL website, and as Chris pointed out, hopefully its just a placeholder and not the actual logo for next year.

My hope is that, maybe they had a logo for Super Bowl LVI, similar to the templated logos of the past decade, but they've scrapped it in favor of a different or re-worked design? I'm taking this as a positive, and hoping that this somehow means they are going to change the logo system. I've seen more and more in recent years, from regular, non logo watching people, about how bad the logos have been, and how corporate and indistinguishable they are becoming. Best case, we start getting logos that are more personalized to the host city. It could just be that they are behind on the logo process. I'm holding out hope for a new, and better logo system.