Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

22 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

Unfortunately, there is no way the NFL actually goes through the trouble of putting Bengals stripes in the end zone if they make it.  It'll be black or orange  LOL.

My guess would be an orange endzone, since the Bengals wordmark is black at home.

Black would be the other option, and I think that would be better.

Here's those two options:

yd9VEGr.png

wcE7zXR.png

18 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

Have a feeling we're getting the Packers this year.  

I have a feeling as well. Both Packers and Bills get over the hump? That was my prediction February of last year (as seen above), so I'm sticking with it.

SMUzTRu.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ralphz said:

Always love this, pitt6pack, thanks for keeping it going 

Always fun for me too. One of my favorite parts of the year.

Here's a field I did for fun.

xVnU1Ol.png

I wanted to get a Bengals endzone in there with the stripes, but their home endzone looks best, so I just used that.  Then, I based the 49ers endzone on their home endzone (the right endzone specifically). Then put in some of my favorite elements of past fields. 

• Like 5

On 1/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, pitt6pack said:

Lets jump into possible endzones, as I like to do each year.

Starting with the NFC

1. Green Bay Packers

Packers wordmark same size as at their home stadium. 

R3wO4cU.png

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Same endzone as last year.

wuIxo3y.png

3. Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys wordmark same size as in their home stadium.

WkyXKqP.png

4. Los Angeles Rams

This is exactly what the Rams have used at home.

74BqYLb.png

5. Arizona Cardinals

This is just what would fit in the endzone. The Cardinals have a very short and wide wordmark.

Kn2Az53.png

6. San Francisco 49ers

Same as Super Bowl LIV. The 49ers still use these logos in their home stadium, so it stands to reason they'd use them again in the Super Bowl.

Tl1eOWS.png

7. Philadelphia Eagles

Same endzone as used in Super Bowl LII.

hKnad50.png

I figured the Cowboys would have the 3Dish looking helmet in their end zone like they do at home. Kinda like how 49ers carry over their helmet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les D. said:

I figured the Cowboys would have the 3Dish looking helmet in their end zone like they do at home. Kinda like how 49ers carry over their helmet. 

I don’t know why I never thought of this with the Cowboys. It’s a pretty obvious thing too, and would look better than just the star logo. The Cowboys have used helmets in the endzone since their first game in Texas Stadium. I’ll have to put that endzone together. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I don’t know why I never thought of this with the Cowboys. It’s a pretty obvious thing too, and would look better than just the star logo. The Cowboys have used helmets in the endzone since their first game in Texas Stadium. I’ll have to put that endzone together. 

You do a fantastic job. I’m a Bengals fan, and I know you’re busy. But if you ever have free time, could you do a Bengals end zone in their old helmet and their old font from the 70s? I’ve always wondered how that would have looked. 

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

@pitt6pack I annually look froward to this thread. Thanks for keep up with it!

7 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Well thanks for jinxing us on sunday :P 

In all seriousness. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive. This is almost like Christmas on here. A tradition not even Coldemort can stop.

Thanks y'all! This is certainly what I look forward to each year. Leading up to the game and trying to get peaks in on the Super Bowl field as they're painting it is always the most fun part, even though it typically results in disappointment (there have been some nice surprises the last couple years though).

13 hours ago, Les D. said:

You do a fantastic job. I’m a Bengals fan, and I know you’re busy. But if you ever have free time, could you do a Bengals end zone in their old helmet and their old font from the 70s? I’ve always wondered how that would have looked. 

I'm having a hard time finding a high resolution version of that wordmark at the moment, but I'll get something together eventually.

Interesting note though; the Bengals wordmark from that era did find its way into their two Super Bowl endzones in Super Bowls XIX and XXIII, but modified. The NFL back in that era, really all the way from Super Bowl VII through Super Bowl XXXIII would modify the shorter and wider wordmarks and make them taller to better fill the endzones. You can see that with the Bears

20.png

(who used to do this at their home stadium up until 2018)

Bengals

23.png

And Broncos

33.png

The NFL then tried adding the city name on the tops of long short wordmarks to better fill the space, as seen for the Seahawks and Cardinals

40.png

43.png

Eventually moved away form that, and just put the wordmarks in to scale

48.png

But that still didn't look the best, and I think, that's how we ended up with the endzone format we have now, giving more room for these short long wordmarks, which have become more common in recent years. Had the Broncos not made Super Bowl 50, There's a chance, I think, that they could have still gone with the older format, of having the conference logos in the endzone. Then again, if the Cardinals had made the Super Bowl this season, we'd have probably seen the current endzone format.

50.png

I got off on a big tangent there, but the history of the field designs is always interesting.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, pitt6pack said:

My guess would be an orange endzone, since the Bengals wordmark is black at home.

yd9VEGr.png

wcE7zXR.png

I have a feeling as well. Both Packers and Bills get over the hump? That was my prediction February of last year (as seen above), so I'm sticking with it.

SMUzTRu.png

There was a big skuttlebutt on one of the Packers groups I was in is that the Bills apparently started calling RWS the Frozen Tundra?

That's disappointing. But not nearly as egregious as all the towns that tried to claim Titletown for themselves. The Bills probably have the most Packers-like fanbase in the AFC. I feel like Packers-Bills would lead to the funnest Super Bowl parties ever.

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

Sorry if it's been discussed/explained before -- but the Bengals using stripes on the AFC helmet looks silly. Should've used a blank orange helmet for that

Actually it’s not silly. The NFL did that so not mix it up with the Browns helmet. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:18 AM, pitt6pack said:

yd9VEGr.png

wcE7zXR.png

SMUzTRu.png

Hey @pitt6packwould it be possible to get a concept artwork for a possible Super Bowl LVI field matchup between the Tennessee Titans and the Green Bay Packers?