Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

It would be epic to see a modified version of SB XXXVIII or SB XXXIX for this Super Bowl, but with the now-knowing participants for SB LVI. Plus love the other variations, including the one the Rams had the LA logo with the ram horns. On a sidenote, the Bengals have won more than one playoff game during this amazing run, more than they had in their higher previous playoff appearance attempts. Last time they won more than one playoff game was on their last Super Bowl run in early '89 (the '88 season). Talk about a Cinderella story for a low level division champion.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I think you nailed it as usual. I guess the only question we really have is will the end zone be black or orange. Based on what seems to be a lack of caring over the last 10 years, black is a much more "color of less effort." Along with the lack of wordmark outlines. 

iq5b7nF.png

3 minutes ago, Ninoners said:

As much as the discussion in this thread understandbly tends to focus on the endzone designs, the thing I miss most about the pre-SBXXXI fields are the team color 20 yard lines and numbers.spacer.png

Yeah, that's right. I hadn't seen one of those fields with specific team colors on the lines on any line mark in a Super Bowl in ages. It must have been a while.

P.S.: I like the helmet facemasks on those endzones for that SB. lol

• Like 2
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

18 minutes ago, jlog3000 said:

Yeah, that's right. I hadn't seen one of those fields with specific team colors on the lines on any line mark in a Super Bowl in ages. It must have been a while.

P.S.: I like the helmet facemasks on those endzones for that SB. lol

Last game with outlined numbers (Super Bowl XLV does not count, as they kept the Cowboys blue outline), was Super Bowl XXXV, which happens to be the first Super Bowl I actually have any memory of:

35.png

The last Super Bowl where the yard lines were deliberately painted (Super Bowl XLVI does not count, as the paint at the 20s was sewn into the turf in Indy), was Super Bowl XLI

41.png

The fields have really gotten less and less Super as the years go by. Why? I don't know, and I'm not sure what's taken the NFL down this road.

• Like 3

This one is the perfect opportunity to bring back the dueling helmet end zones given the teams' logos are a B and LA. Dunno why the NFL went so boring with SB fields in the last decade or so. It's not like they have a money problem. Maybe we should start a social media campaign to bring back the dueling helmet EZs 😀

32 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

It looks like SoFi Stadium hasn't used full endzones all year, opting instead to have the green turf outline a-la the Rose Bowl. I would guess they do that for the Super Bowl, too.

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/playoffs/2021/r1024/LAR_2021^conf.png

The NFL might be making the call though. It'll be interesting to see what they do. No Super Bowl has ever had any of the endzones unpainted. Hopefully it stays that way.

Updated full field template.

The teamboxes are again wider than the past standard. Yesterday's game (and maybe all season, I'd have to look back), has the team boxes go from between the 27 yard lines. I'd expect for those to stay the same dimensions for the game in two weeks.

56.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

As far as what I think we will end up seeing, I do think it will be this field, despite the many missed opportunities the NFL will have here.

4LHGMIu.png

I think it’s easier for them to use one of the endzones the Rams currently use. I know Tampa had a new endzone last year in their own stadium, but they also didn’t play the NFC title game in Tampa.  It’s a quick turnaround for the field crew.  I think they will use the LA logo, not the Rams head, and have the Rams written in white.  The only way, I think, we see the Rams logo, is if they use the endzone from yesterday’s field, which was similar to your mid 2000’s design.  I hope I’m totally wrong, but I think they take the easy way out.

52 minutes ago, CarolinaSkinsFan said:

Could this be a preview of the Rams end zone? Looks like it could be recent. One of the photos looks like it has the Fox Sports set still on the field.  Don’t remember we the NFL logo in the end zone yesterday

https://www.timesleader.com/news/1536924/two-wyoming-valley-natives-working-on-super-bowl-lvi-field

This picture was taken a couple of days prior to Sunday's NFC Championship. The NFL logo was there Sunday as well:

LAR_2021%5Econf.png

5 hours ago, DJB said:

I think it’s easier for them to use one of the endzones the Rams currently use. I know Tampa had a new endzone last year in their own stadium, but they also didn’t play the NFC title game in Tampa.  It’s a quick turnaround for the field crew.  I think they will use the LA logo, not the Rams head, and have the Rams written in white.  The only way, I think, we see the Rams logo, is if they use the endzone from yesterday’s field, which was similar to your mid 2000’s design.  I hope I’m totally wrong, but I think they take the easy way out.

That's not how these things are done.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png