Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

My favorite time of year, as we slowly get images from the field.

Looks like this will be the widest Super Bowl logo on the field since Super Bowl XLIV. First one of the templated logo era to stretch past the 20 and 30 yard lines. Interested in how the gradient shows when they're done painting. Lot's of detail in this year's logo, so it could be a challenge for the field crew, and will certainly be a challenge for me copying their copy of the logo.

Your designs are impeccable…we have faith you’ll nail like you do every year!

21 minutes ago, Les D. said:

Well I just saw the Bengals endzone being stenciled. The endzone color can’t be seen but it’s got the “B” for the Logo and team name. 

Disappointing, but expected. Where did you see this?

52 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Disappointing, but expected. Where did you see this?

A Bengal fan on Facebook posted it. I’ve got the picture but don’t know how to post it on here. The white stencil paper was covering the entire endzone and the logo part and the font part was being painted. I can send it to you if there is a way. 

2 hours ago, Les D. said:

A Bengal fan on Facebook posted it. I’ve got the picture but don’t know how to post it on here. The white stencil paper was covering the entire endzone and the logo part and the font part was being painted. I can send it to you if there is a way. 

A Reddit posted a video of all the fields. Not sure if this super bowl is a mock up or not. I can’t post the link for some reason. It’s shows an bright orange endzone with the B and black lettering for the bengals. Rams is blue, with the LA logo and yellow lettering. Again it’s an animation but probably pretty close 

4 minutes ago, logoroy said:

A look at the Super Bowl logo and wide shot of the field with Super Bowl logos.  It looks like the SB logo's a little bigger than the past and the addition of you know, color, makes a nice difference.

LDN-L-SB-FIELD-0202-07-BM.jpg?w=620

Pasadena Star News (@PasStarNews) / Twitter

Honestly the logo looks great. Really pops compared to years past. I’m kinda liking it 

• Like 2

Updated field template

CqnLyK4.png

I'm still holding onto the belief that they will paint more detail into the Super Bowl logo as time goes along, as we've seen the past couple of years.

These may be the largest Super Bowl logos not placed at midfield.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

I dont hate it.  I actually dig the new Washington logo.

I'd say this; it looks better than I thought it would. Honestly, probably better than the  B BENGALS endzone.

41 minutes ago, Les D. said:

Sorry to bug you but did you have a a chance to find the font for the old Bengals endzone with the old bengals helmet before the stripes and how it would have looked?

Sorry, forgot about this.

I could not find any good quality images, and I don't really have the time to upscale them myself, so it looks a little rough, but I beleive it paints the picture.

fsNwLWZ.png

Going with Super Bowl norms of this era, the wordmark was stretched vertically to fill the endzone better.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Sorry, forgot about this.

I could not find any good quality images, and I don't really have the time to upscale them myself, so it looks a little rough, but I beleive it paints the picture.

fsNwLWZ.png

Going with Super Bowl norms of this era, the wordmark was stretched vertically to fill the endzone better.

Thank you! That is awesome!

I'm curious to see how the Rams endzone would look like with their wordmark font from their 1st Super Bowl title win (I know it's back when it was in St. Louis and not in LA) but with the current LA Rams helmet logo and common facemask. Which was also the last time the Rams had yellow (or athletic gold) and blue as their colors before switching to metallic gold and dark midnight/navy blue.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

13 hours ago, logoroy said:

A look at the Super Bowl logo and wide shot of the field with Super Bowl logos.  It looks like the SB logo's a little bigger than the past and the addition of you know, color, makes a nice difference.

LDN-L-SB-FIELD-0202-07-BM.jpg?w=620

Pasadena Star News (@PasStarNews) / Twitter

I like they have a logo with some color but it just looks off as have most of the "standard" on field SB logos b/c the trophy is so tall. I think they're too big compared to the NFL logo, which EA still hasn't fixed the size of in Madden. I guess this is why we don't get 20 YL team color outlines anymore, but they could at least do a RWB on the 50. The NFL has gone less is more and in the case of the SB and field markings, it is not.