Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

19 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I have to say, overall it's going to be a good looking Super Bowl. The natural light with a 3:30 local time start is really going to make the colors pop on the Super Bowl logos. Couldn't have asked for a better uniform matchup either between these two teams in their current sets.

f5hCphw.png

From a game-play standpoint, I am looking forward to this game.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I am looking forward to this game.

The Rams and Bengals have some of my favorite uniforms in the league, and the uniform match is a beauty. Combine that with one of the best Super Bowl logos since this era of logos began, and we have got an aesthetically pleasing Super Bowl up ahead.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, noodlesnchips said:

My pick for best field.  Loved everything about this game.  The colors, the afternoon sun. The brightness.  My all time fave.spacer.png

LEON LETT...NO!

He seriously has to be the unluckiest man in sports history.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

On 2/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, TheHumanCreeper said:

@pitt6packYou need to update the first post

I always wait until after the actual game has been played, in case I have some adjustments I need to make.

1 hour ago, noodlesnchips said:

My pick for best field.  Loved everything about this game.  The colors, the afternoon sun. The brightness.  My all time fave.spacer.png

This one is up there as one of my favorites for sure. It always helps when the games are played in the afternoon on the west coast. Man, those colors do pop, and I hope we see that with an LA Super Bowl next weekend.

• Like 1

Wow OK, Who had money on the Super Bowl logo  at the 25's being more colorful than the End Zones??  What a letdown. And this match-up had such great potential. What's the rhyme and reason for the random white letter approach this time around?

If your logo has a letter in it they must give you white lettering for your team name so people don't get confused? Is that it? The ONLY way they could have gotten it wrong was this. Bengals with the best contrasting colors in the league and still end up with the first ever monochromatic endzone color combo.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, pitt6pack said:

Still need to do the team boxes, but here's where I'm at now.

6CrAerk.png

Changed the field texture a bit more to try and capture the turf look better.

Goal is to get as close to this look as possible

LPCR89q.jpg

With the news of Kamari’s arrest I think the league needs to change the endzone quotes to “End Bar Fights”

“It takes all of us” 😂🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ASkluz18 said:

With the news of Kamari’s arrest I think the league needs to change the endzone quotes to “End Bar Fights”

“It takes all of us” 😂🤣

That reminds me, I forgot to add the slogans to the back of the endzones.

• Like 1

Looks like more detail is being added into the Super Bowl logos.

workers-paint-the-sofi-stadium-field-dur

Palm trees going in the numerals, and stars on the NFL logo to name a couple of changes seen already.

Shot from another angle

FLIb-qRVgAMob4r?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

Since I've gone back and redone my artificial turf texture, I figured I should test out a new grass texture.

I've redone the Super Bowl LV field as a test, and I think it looks MUCH better than the old grass texture.

Here are the highlights

wWwKEUZ.png

nhffPuU.png

ByJErhj.png

l7y7676.png

With all the changes I have to make to the directional arrows on the past fields, I may as well redo all the textures on those fields as well. 

14 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

This has to be one of the best on-field Super Bowl logos ever, right? It is my favourite since Super Bowl XXXVII

Absolutely the best since XLV. I think it will look really good during the game.

I do like Super Bowl XXXII and XXXVII 's logos on the field. Helped to be on grass in Southern California with that lighting.

Super Bowl XXXVII was one of the earlier Super Bowls I can remember, but I can definitely remember that first drive with the ball around midfield, and how good that logo looked.

1 minute ago, pitt6pack said:

Absolutely the best since XLV. I think it will look really good during the game.

I do like Super Bowl XXXII and XXXVII 's logos on the field. Helped to be on grass in Southern California with that lighting.

Super Bowl XXXVII was one of the earlier Super Bowls I can remember, but I can definitely remember that first drive with the ball around midfield, and how good that logo looked.

SB XXXVII was the first Super Bowl I remember watching (I was 5) and yeah, I think that whole field is kind of underrated. Last one with my favourite template of SB Logo at midfield, dueling helmets at the 25s.

Since I started doing these last year, figured I'd throw out the pregame version of the poster style image

rVO5EwP.png

I'll update this after the game. Again, still need to update the Super Bowl logos, add the mottos in the back of the endzones, and I think I need to update the Bengals logo (my outline doesn't look correct on the field version). 

Het @pitt6pack, something I noticed watching some Super Bowl highlights. Looking at the Giants end zone in Super Bowl XXV, you can see the "Tampa Bay" wordmark bleeding through a bit. Not so much in the Bills end zone though. I've never noticed that before, especially seeing Norwood's kick seemingly every year this time of year.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png