Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Currently working on it.

I don't know anything about the Rams endzone yet, so I have a textured field that's just got a royal endzone at the moment.

Just got to finish some other things up.

*** EDIT ***

Here's what I've got so far.

2O8bYLk.png

It doesn’t look bad. The super bowl logos pop and the white lettering with black background and the colored B looks nice 

I actually like the approach of the white wordmark instead of the orange. Makes the logo and wordmark stand out on its own. I trust it will look way better than the Falcons wordmark in SB LI during the game because this is black and that was red. 

Still missing conference logos or just a more creative design, but the improved SB LVI logo on the 25s makes this, alongside SB LIV, perhaps the best field since SB XLVII, which is one of my favs ever.

• Like 3

Now with all this info, I’ve got mixed emotions on this field, and that’s good because I thought i would hate it.

I figured they would use the “LA” logo, which was disappointing.  Again, that endzone is exactly like the one they’ve used at times during the season.  I also wish “Bengals”would be written in orange.

In the end, I thought I would hate it with the “B” and the “LA” but the colors are so different from what we've seen lately,  I kinda dig it.  Don’t get me wrong, it could be really amazing with helmets, conference logo’s etc…. But the field should pop on game day. 

And kudos to whoever came up with BBengals. I still laugh at that and think of it whenever I see the endzone.

6 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

I actually like the approach of the white wordmark instead of the orange. Makes the logo and wordmark stand out on its own. I trust it will look way better than the Falcons wordmark in SB LI during the game because this is black and that was red. 

Still missing conference logos or just a more creative design, but the improved SB LVI logo on the 25s makes this, alongside SB LIV, perhaps the best field since SB XLVII, which is one of my favs ever.

Yep. We may disagree on the Bengals wordmark in white vs Orange, but I agree with pretty much everything you said.   

On a complete side note, when you mentioned SB XLVII. Not sure how many realized this, early in the week, the Ravens had a black endzone but it switched to purple by the time it got to game day.   No idea why, but it was a great decision.spacer.png

1 hour ago, crosby87rules said:

And there's the Rams endzone and bench area

spacer.png 

spacer.png

It's a massive swing and a miss, as far as the Cincinnati Bengals' end zone is concerned. I definitely feel like the wordmark color for the Bengals' end zone should be orange and not white.

18 minutes ago, Les D. said:

I love it! One of the best SB fields in a loooong while! Man, the Bengals’ endzone looks great! 

For me, it's gotta be uniform in both endz ones. It really lust looks like "LA RAMS" as an entire wordmark script, not the logo & script

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

It's been so easy to nitpick these fields since Super Bowl 48. Many inconsistencies and just awkwardness. 

48 - Conference Logos on same side of the field, making the Seahawks logo point away from wordmark.

49- The Patriots logo under the wordmark.

50- The beginning of no conference logos.

51- The Falcons end zone getting washed off throughout the game. 

52- The lack of conference logos makes the Eagles endzone look really awkward.

53- Well, we got a helmet, but only one. 

54- Well, we got another helmet, but only one.

55- Buccaneers flag blends in the the endzone.

56- White Bengals wordmark. 

Mangan probably doesn't care like we do. 

Edited by jc...
Spelling

iq5b7nF.png

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Yep. We may disagree on the Bengals wordmark in white vs Orange, but I agree with pretty much everything you said.   

On a complete side note, when you mentioned SB XLVII. Not sure how many realized this, early in the week, the Ravens had a black endzone but it switched to purple by the time it got to game day.   No idea why, but it was a great decision.spacer.png

I actually did not know this, but I agree, great move going purple. The purple vs red in that game does make it one of my favorite endzone combos in a Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

And there's the Rams endzone and bench area

spacer.png 

spacer.png

I'll get this on a flat field template later this afternoon. I would have liked a little more color in either teams endzones (orange wordmark for the Bengals, "Sol" for the Rams), but at least we've got color in the Super Bowl logo this go around.

Looking at the Super Bowl logos in this image, they've re-painted the hash marks in the middle of the field, including over the Super Bowl logos. curious if they'll just touch up the paint on the logos and keep the style they've got, or if they'll go back and add more detail to the logo later. We shall see.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cdh72469 said:

I mean it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do this, does it?

spacer.png

I know, and no kidding. Agreed totally. These endzone variations would look solid. But I might digress

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

If my Lions were to somehow get to the Super Bowl they could leave my end zone blank and play on a gravel parking lot for all I care.  LOL.  Probably how Bengals fans feel right now.  Maybe one day.  This field is one of the better ones of the template era due to the logo itself being colorful and quite large.  I also think the NFL has set my expectations so low anymore that a colorful logo has me satisfied.  I can't tell.