Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

9 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's the final four teams, with the endzone designs that I'd predict each team would have.

The Chiefs and 49ers I would think would have the same designs as they had two years ago.

I highly doubt the NFL would paint stripes in the Bengals endzone, even though that would be amazing. They'd go with black, as in their previous two Super Bowls.

The Rams I would hope would go with their better logo and yellow wordmark.

Rams-Chiefs

sNPPYwA.png

49ers-Chiefs

ietzVEL.png

Rams-Bengals

a95fJ0z.png

49ers-Bengals

OXUPagy.png

Every one of these fields will have a good deal of color, which is nice of course. And, we have the possibility of the host team playing in their home stadium for the second year in a row.

All look good. Probably the best looking fields in a while. But with that said, any chance for a mock up with the stripes for the bengals? Just for laughs anyway. 

5 hours ago, jc... said:

You know....could avoid the BBengals if they did helmets. I was surprised they did it for the Rams, and the 49ers. We always seem to get an unexpected surprise. 

I’d rather the Bengals use the tiger head than the helmet. That being said, I still think the helmet would be a better option than the “B” too.

In terms of color contrast, I’m really digging Bengals/Rams a lot.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, ASkluz18 said:

All look good. Probably the best looking fields in a while. But with that said, any chance for a mock up with the stripes for the bengals? Just for laughs anyway. 

Yeah, I'll do an endzone with stripes, but it would exclude anything other than the wordmark in the endzone. At that point, the stripes become the logo (plus, I've tried many ways, and with the striped endzone, nothing else but the wordmark looks good).

18 hours ago, jc... said:

You know....could avoid the BBengals if they did helmets. I was surprised they did it for the Rams, and the 49ers. We always seem to get an unexpected surprise. 

Yeah, that would be a much better look. The interesting thing is, what helmet template would they use? If the 49ers were their opponent, it would look odd if the Bengals used a more modern template, but if they played the Rams, then a more modern template would make more sense (a helmet template similar to what the Rams used in Super Bowl LIII).

Those look dope. But imagine the Bengals end zone but the colors reversed (orange background and black text), with or without the white trim alike.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

1 hour ago, TheHumanCreeper said:

@pitt6packCan you do a retro Bengals vs Rams field?

Only had time to do an 80's era field for today, but I might do some 90's/2000's fields tomorrow, if I've got time.

I can't do a retro field without a real logo, so, as I usually do each year when I need a good Super Bowl logo, I use @logoroy's version, since he's always got a better version (that's why he designs the Gridiron Bowl logos for the GSL).

L4qvWrt.png

In true 80's Super Bowl fashion, we have the same helmet style for the Bengals used in Super Bowl XXIII, the Rams helmets from Super Bowl XIV (which was 1979 season, but did take place in 1980), smaller NFL logo at midfield, and the Super Bowl logos at the 35 yard line (location of the kickoff). I used the number outlining style used in Super Bowl XXIII. No painted teamboxes, as that didn't come until the 90's. 

2 minutes ago, ASkluz18 said:

@pitt6packreally great job on these fields! I don’t think you get enough credit. In all honestly you should submit a resume to the NFL to design the super bowl field!

Yeah, I wish I could, but at least I get to design the Gridiron Bowl fields for the GSL. And maybe some day I'll be one of those people who paint the Super Bowl field in their back yard (at a much smaller scale of course).

• Like 5

I know this is a weird or unpopular debate kind of talk, but which type of facemasks on the helmets do you like or prefer on custom field endzone wordmark areas? The single basic old school bars from the 1st Super Bowls, the common basic arch ones (either 2D or 3D view alike), or the current ones based on today's helmets?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

18 hours ago, jlog3000 said:

I know this is a weird or unpopular debate kind of talk, but which type of facemasks on the helmets do you like or prefer on custom field endzone wordmark areas? The single basic old school bars from the 1st Super Bowls, the common basic arch ones (either 2D or 3D view alike), or the current ones based on today's helmets?

To be honest, I actually think it's the helmet's from Super Bowls XXXII through XXXVII that were placed at the 30 yard lines (see below, as I used the same style). Any modern helmets in 2D form look a little clunky to me, but maybe that's because I haven't seen a good version done in 2D for a field. I like the way Bill has the current helmet template done on the GUD, but for a field, I think the facemasks would need less detail. Maybe I'll try to come up with something more field friendly there and try that out.

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

This is the Bengals' primary logo, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdSQ_qr3JQ6wdzbJ8lKhJ

C'mon BBENGALS!

Unfortunately, yes. For a team name like Bengals, this is about as boring a logo you could come up with. It's just odd.

11 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

To be honest, I actually think it's the helmet's from Super Bowls XXXII through XXXVII that were placed at the 30 yard lines (see below, as I used the same style). Any modern helmets in 2D form look a little clunky to me, but maybe that's because I haven't seen a good version done in 2D for a field. I like the way Bill has the current helmet template done on the GUD, but for a field, I think the facemasks would need less detail. Maybe I'll try to come up with something more field friendly there and try that out.

Although we can agree to disagree on certain points or opinions, we can agree to the fact that certain details need to be done (in terms of context). For me, its the SB XXX one on the endzone areas (not necessarily within the 100 yard grass field) whose helmets were on the endzones, although it was based on the old school SB's due to the classic single-bar facemask in terms of size and it couldn't adjust properly the common facemask within, which looked vertically condensed in a certain way; which was fixed later on for SB's XXXVIII and XXXIX, although only one helmet was shown on the left side of the endzone, the wordmark in the middle and the conference logo on the right side, which I'm fine with it.