Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

https://www.kmbc.com/article/groundskeeper-george-toma-91-preps-field-for-super-bowl-lv/353280

It seems a yellow end zone for the Chiefs has been confirmed. As for the uniforms, I really hope the Bucs go with their home reds as I've always preferred the Chiefs road whites over their home reds. Their whites seem to play off of the white arrowhead logo and their white face masks really well. I also like that they pair their whites with red pants. I just think their home reds sort of clash with their red helmet a bit too much. 

6 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Here is another shot. I really like the different shades of green on the grass.It was pretty obvious that the NFL was going to go with NFL logo at midfield and SB logos on the 25s.

Love the wall banners on the fascades...still miss the unique style theme logos ...they need to return as soon as the contract with the design company ends 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

14 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Here is another shot. I really like the different shades of green on the grass.It was pretty obvious that the NFL was going to go with NFL logo at midfield and SB logos on the 25s.

The grass rolling is a little different than the Bucs have done all season. I do like when teams leave the 10 yards around the 50 the lighter shade. It's a much better, and more symmetrical look. 

The team boxes haven't been painted in yet, so we will have to wait and see if they will be the large version for the Super Bowl.

Glad the Chiefs will be going yellow endzone again, to have some contrast to the Bucs red. That'll be two Super Bowls in a row, and two Super Bowls in Tampa in a row that have a yellow vs red endzone matchup.

With the Bucs endzone, I was curious to see what the wordmark would look like if it were lighter, so I swapped the silver and pewter:

k2HpNVP.png 

I don't expect to see this for their endzone, but it would help the wordmark stand out a bit more.

And, we can all be thankful that the Buccaneers upgraded their uniforms this year, so we get a much better uniform matchup.

Tried another alternate Buccaneers endzone as well. This is based on their home endzone design, where Buccaneers is outlined in white. Much more readable than without the white outline.

XSVhba2.png

1 hour ago, GinoM said:

Has it been determined what uniform combo the Buccaneers will be wearing?  I know they have the option, but haven't seen anything out yet.

Bucs will wear white, Chiefs red.

Which is kind of a shame. I wanted TB to wear red on pewter, KC to wear all white or white on red.

• Like 1

Drove by Raymond James yesterday (was taking my daughter to look at colleges in Tampa / St. Pete.  As you could imagine, lots of work going on outside with banners being hung, corporate tents being erected (kind of surprised me w/ limited fans the amount of tents they had).  Place looked good.  Heading to the Super Bowl Experience this weekend...if anything good to report out I will. 

• Like 1

My local news had a story on Mr. Toma. He mentioned the Chiefs end zone being yellow and already having the templates, however the shot of the end zone was tight, so I don't know if the footage was from last years field. And I can't find the story on their website. 

EDIT: Found it from another channel.....definitely a clip from Hard Rock last year....

spacer.png

iq5b7nF.png

12 hours ago, GinoM said:

EsxtMY5XYAAaKoR?format=jpg&name=large

I just wanted to copy this picture here for my own reference, thanks for the link!

This does confirm the larger team boxes for this year.

13 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Bucs will wear white, Chiefs red.

Which is kind of a shame. I wanted TB to wear red on pewter, KC to wear all white or white on red.

Looks like I'm in the opposite boat as many of you, I think the Buccaneers white over pewter combo is the better one for them, and I think it matches up better to the chiefs red over white.

11 hours ago, americanhero24 said:

If the Bucs and Chiefs run out of the same tunnels as the previous two Super Bowls in Tampa, the NFC end zone was on the left and the AFC end zone on the right. And NFC, the Bucs, get the home sideline.

I'd have to guess that, whatever tunnel the Buccaneers come out of at their home games, will be the same one they will come out of for this one. Endzones I think are still up in the air as to which team is in which endzone. Traditionally, the NFC should be in the left endzone this year, but the AFC has been in the left endzone 4 straight years, so the NFL could just be keeping that consistent for the near future, although, nothing about the Super Bowl fields has been consistent recently, other than they have been for the most part, disappointingly bland.

52 minutes ago, jc... said:

My local news had a story on Mr. Toma. He mentioned the Chiefs end zone being yellow and already having the templates, however the shot of the end zone was tight, so I don't know if the footage was from last years field. And I can't find the story on their website. 

The easiest way to tell if the image was form this year, or last, is if you see any black at the back of the endzone. In Miami, black artificial turf immediately starts at the back of the endzones. Tampa has all grass.

48 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

The easiest way to tell if the image was form this year, or last, is if you see any black at the back of the endzone. In Miami, black artificial turf immediately starts at the back of the endzones. Tampa has all grass.

Certainly a better look than the previous warning track/dirt/turf thing that was 3 feet into the white border. That always drove me nuts. Looked terrible.  

iq5b7nF.png

14 hours ago, americanhero24 said:

If the Bucs and Chiefs run out of the same tunnels as the previous two Super Bowls in Tampa, the NFC end zone was on the left and the AFC end zone on the right. And NFC, the Bucs, get the home sideline.

Bucs do get the home sideline - I am a season ticket holder and they sent out some info showing that.  Also think the end zone painting is reversed from the posts on this page - Bucs on the other side.