McCarthy's NHL-Baseball Crossover Series

Sport

I've enjoyed doing crossovers for as long as I've been on the boards. A while back I started working on some NHL baseball uniforms and thought I'd share. I have about half the league done at the moment and I'm working on the rest.

Some of the uniforms are what I think would work best with their logos and colors, others are inspired by the MLB teams in or near their local markets. I also tried to stay true to the team's visual roots. A classic original six team, for instance, won't be seen wearing something that doesn't fit that motif. I mostly used their logos as is with minor alterations here and there.

Just for fun.

First up: The Ducks.

ducks_zpsfb70933c.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good concepts here; my only problem is the red space inside the "C" of the Coyotes wordmark. Outlining the "C" instead of completely filling the empty space would look so much better on an already good concept.

Are you not doing city/place name wordmarks for the road jerseys? Like Anaheim for the Ducks and Arizona for the Coyotes.

Other than that, a job well done here and I can't wait to see the rest!

Good concepts here; my only problem is the red space inside the "C" of the Coyotes wordmark. Outlining the "C" instead of completely filling the empty space would look so much better on an already good concept.

Are you not doing city/place name wordmarks for the road jerseys? Like Anaheim for the Ducks and Arizona for the Coyotes.

Other than that, a job well done here and I can't wait to see the rest!

The C is like that on the Coyotes official team wordmark. I just used what the team uses.

A few of these will have the nickname on both jerseys just because that's how I feel that team would operate if they were a baseball team. It just so happened that the first two didn't have city names on the jerseys. The Anaheim Angels have their nickname on all of their jerseys so I echoed that with the Ducks. The Coyotes home location is constantly in limbo so what's a baseball team that doesn't know where they'll be in a few years do? They put their nickname on the road jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think id like the wordmark better if it was straight, I'm guessing you got it from the rounded logo

Correct. I actually had to make it less radial.

PvO6ZWJ.png

on this one I struggled with Edmonton's cap logo. They don't have a natural logo that works well on a cap, nor do they have a recognizable monogram. 9 times out of 10 I'll try to use a letter on a cap if I can help it, but it just didn't work here so I went with the oil drop.

oilers_zpsb0b6316d.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived