'If the Clippers moved' - Buffalo Braves Concept

MrWonka

So, yesterday I decided just to do a basketball concept with the imagination that Buffalo gets back the Braves after buying the Clippers. I'm not normally a basketball person, so I'm not really sure what works in basketball and what is accepted as jersey designs and what not. I don't want to say I don't care about this, but I definitely do not care as much as my hockey concepts. Mostly because this was just supposed to be a fun 'if', and again, not really into basketball that much. I just say I'm a Lakers fan because in 2002 I saw them win the championship on TV. So when I'm 6 years old, I kind of just rooted for the best. Anyways, back on subject. If the Braves did somehow ever come back (or just a NBA team to Buffalo) I think I would gain a little more interest and maybe follow the NBA a little more. So I just did a couple of things along with the jerseys and tweaked logo.

sl1apz.jpg

de4v1s.jpg

2uxzmuv.jpg

2drurr.jpg

Very interesting concept. I really like the idea of the arched striping across the front of the jersey, but I'm not sure it works. It makes the team name difficult to read, especially on the home and away. I am also not a fan of the extra white stripes appearing on the away uniform; I personally believe it would look better to get rid of that and change the orange stripes to white. That should make it look cleaner

I'll preface this by saying that I abhor basketball.

I really like it.

It's a good modernization of a good logo. No complaints there.

I like looking at the court. That's important, because fans spend lots of time looking at it. It's not like anything I've seen before, though (again, not a basketball fan).

I like the design of the uniforms, BUT the script is impossible to read. I had to open the image in a new tab and zoom in all the way to confirm that it said Braves. You have three colors, but all three are used in the stripe (with the thin line through the middle). Reduce that to two, and use the third color for the script.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

looks nice...very clean..but on the away jersey, the striping on the top looks weird to me...i think its cuz there is an orange jersey with 1 jersey stripe..and also, where does the blue/black come in on the hats??

Blue and black is a tribute to the teams first and last colors they used. I will be doing one more jersey update with a 5th vintage jersey alternate which will go back to their last days as a team.

I actually might just make a new look with the blue because I don't want to make a straight remake of their old one, I'll actually make a concept.

And for the away I knew some people might not like that. But that is a light tribute to the original orange jerseys (the original ones are the alternate I made underneath it). If more people go against it though I'll change it.

Also forgot to say it on the original post. But 'Braves' is on both jerseys because I don't like just having 'Buffalo' or the city name on a jersey. Take pride in the name.

I'll preface this by saying that I abhor basketball.

I really like it.

It's a good modernization of a good logo. No complaints there.

I like looking at the court. That's important, because fans spend lots of time looking at it. It's not like anything I've seen before, though (again, not a basketball fan).

I like the design of the uniforms, BUT the script is impossible to read. I had to open the image in a new tab and zoom in all the way to confirm that it said Braves. You have three colors, but all three are used in the stripe (with the thin line through the middle). Reduce that to two, and use the third color for the script.

Yea, I have no clue how to design a court. I don't know what is accepted in the Basketball world, so I just kinda went with it.

cout looks fine, but in the bottom half of the free-throw circle, that should probably be orange too

also, u have 2 different types of wood on the court, a normal, and a parquet texture..it should be one (u can keep the 2 tone wood)..

cout looks fine, but in the bottom half of the free-throw circle, that should probably be orange too

also, u have 2 different types of wood on the court, a normal, and a parquet texture..it should be one (u can keep the 2 tone wood)..

Yea, I thought it would be cool to have two different court styles inside the 3 point arch. I guess that's another design aspect I wanted to change that's probably not accepted.

i think this is really well done overall.. absolutely love the uniforms. i think your logo could be stronger though, the feather looks like a leaf due to its shape, the lines inside, and the color. the color can probably stay, but maybe look at making the tip black, i think some falcon feathers are like that? also take a look at real feathers for reference and get the taper and shape right. i see what you did with the lines inside but its just forced, focus on making it a feather. if you really want to work a ball into it maybe think of the "B" as the lines of the ball

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Yea, I thought it would be cool to have two different court styles inside the 3 point arch. I guess that's another design aspect I wanted to change that's probably not accepted.

yea in real life, its rare, if not never happens, but if that's the worst part of your concept, you are fine lol..being unique is key anyway

I agree with BrandMoore on the leaf, vnardella5 on the color of the paint on the court, macalesterscots on the road striping, and oaklandhusker on the jersey script readability. Other than that, I really like this! The logo for the most part is a very good modernization, and the uniforms are sharp. You're just a few tweaks away from a great concept.

i like them, needs an alternate logo though.

Shoot..... I knew something big was missing. I'll have one in the update!

Did you say you were six in 2002?! Man I'm old. Fantastic concept as always. Now that I know how old you are I want to break your fingers.

Yea '95. I turned 7 in 2002 but it wasn't that time of the year yet.

Archived