Winnipeg Wildfire fantasy concept

Phil

Your logo is very good - quite creative, clean and sharp.  The logo colors lend themselves to a number of possibilities for helmets and uniforms.  Have you decided which of them are going to be your primary colors and which of them are going to be accent colors?  In my opinion, I think the logo would work very well on a white helmet with dark green facemasks, however with a name like Wildfire, my guess is that green is not going to be a primary color and thus it won't work with the rest of the uniform.  Assuming you are going to go with red as your primary, I would use a white helmet with a black facemask.  I would stripe the helmet in a Miami Dolphin fashion with a yellow center stripe and red exterior stripes trimmed along the edge with black.

Some good suggestions, thanks people. Keep them coming! Which logo combo should I use?

yholl: Thanks for your input. The thing is, I've never liked white helmets in football. Just don't like 'em. I was thinking black, since the logo needs a black outline anyway, according to most. Not saying the logo is necessarily going to be on the helmet verbatim, so to say, but it will form the basis for a helmet design. The striping, if I go a more traditional direction, could end up very much like you suggested. As it stands, I have many non-logo things on my plate right now that are more urgent and important and therefore receive the majority of my free time.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I followed your suggestion, and cut back on the blue by enlarging the W-fire with trees. This also increased the amount of black (night sky) on the helmet.

wpgwfHelmet.gif

"Mmmm... I love feedback."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

sorry for bringing up some old topics but i had to say something  :D while i think the idea is a rather odd one, i believe you did a good job making it work...my only gripe is the fact the you present so many colors on the helmet (or at least it seems that way) i dont quite know how it could be fixed but maybe you can come up with something :;):

• 2 years later...

Two and a half years since this (has it really been that long?)...

Winnipeg20Wildfire20Concept20Logo.gif

Original Winnipeg Wildfire Logo

(sorry 'bout the bandwidth, Snow, but I just realized I overwrote my own old version :wacko: )

...an update has been made.

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Concept%20Logo.gif

Winnipeg Wildfire Logo

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Concept%20Wordmark.gif

Winnipeg Wildfire Wordmark

My first bit of logo work in a few months. I was never happy with the way the water had turned out in the original... the shape never looked right. The new shape is more dynamic. Although a flood may be the opposite of a wildfire in some ways, I think it all combines to convey the wild feeling.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Frankly, Sy, I think your original is much better. The wordmark comes off as very unimaginite, not the good stuff I'm used to seeing from you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Agreed. The wordmark doesn't seem to fit with the whole out-of-control flame idea of the logo. As well, I'm not sure of the water's importance in the logo, but the updated version certainly adds more character and looks better than the 2 1/2-year-old Chemistry idea.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Frankly, Sy, I think your original is much better. The wordmark comes off as very unimaginite, not the good stuff I'm used to seeing from you.

Chalk it up to bit of rust on the ol' creativity engine.

It's now a day later, and a little pespective shows that the wordmark and logo look like two different identities, which is a no-no, I agree.

Don't have a ton of time, but if I'm taking a break from something else, I'll revisit it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 1 year later...

The latest updates, in recognition of the franchise's fifth year...

The primary logo got some minor cleaning up-style updates...

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Logo%202006.gif

As much as I loved the definition in the front tree, it's a lot less busy without it, and if there's one thing this logo needs, its less busyness.

The wordmark got a bit of a facelift...

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Wordmark.gif

...and in honour of our fifth year, we have a fifth anniversary logo.

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Anniversary%20Logo.gif

Also, since everyone seems to have one these days, we now have a vintage alternate logo.

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Alternate%20Logo.gif

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Now the jerseys...

New home...

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Home%20Jersey.gif

...new away...

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Away%20Jersey.gif

...and a brand-spankin' new vintage-style alternate jersey.

Winnipeg%20Wildfire%20Alternate%20Jersey.gif

Modelled by the newest, youngest member of the team, it represents a tie to our (fake) past and a commitment to our future.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Now if the Stampeders road jerseys did the red thing like those I wouldn't complain--they look okay from the back but bib like formt he front...

these ones look great from both sides...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived