Fullarmor's New England Soccer League - Saint John Rovers (New Brunswick)

Fullarmor

The idea of a strong, major, soccer league for a unified New England began to germinate in the mind of James C. Belford, a rich Englishman who lived in Boston since the early nineties. Football lover, he wanted that region to play a leading role, to be an example in North America, in terms of soccer. What he did not know, is that within ten years, his conception of interstate league would spread throughout the whole continent… But that’s another story.
Firstly, he made sure that all the states of New England were represented by at least one team at the highest level. He even managed to have more teams than needed since it was ten clubs registered for the inaugural season. Although this number was respectable, he needed more teams if he wanted the competition to be taken seriously. That is why, influenced by the theory of Joel Garreau, he turned to the Canadian Atlantic provinces to complete his league.
Now that he had the clubs, all he lacked was just a little financial support. A sponsor… Easy-peasy for a man like him. The English Premier League had Barclay, he’ll have the worldwide leader in sports. Nothing more logical since they had their seat in Bristol, Connecticut and that the CEO is a good friend of him.
There would be the ESPN New England Soccer League One (just called NESL 1) on the third level of the North American pyramid structure of soccer, and the NESL 2 on the fourth. Interesting thing, there would be a system of up and down between the two competitions.
After three years of preparation, the 2014-2015 season will be under the sign of the (Great) New England.

1404670170-5.png

(Hi folks, I've started this league a few months ago. As a non-American, I don't know what you'll think about it, especially the part with some Canadians province as Yankees. But well, that comes from here. Also, sorry for my poor English. Second also, I don't know if it will really be a second division. By the time where I write this, I have a 9/16 completion for the NESL 1.)

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

The first team is one of the oldest of the New England and based in the biggest city of the New Hampshire. The Neo-Mancunians had their heyday in the thirties before sinking and disappearing in the mid-forties. The club makes here a huge comeback after a sleep over half a century. The Reds count on a large fanbase, seduced by their history, and it have been already announced that it will be a tough rivalry with the Manchester SC, who will play in the second division.

1401744486-01.png

Yaaay, you are back!!! Its too bad that Canada loses Potatoes, Fish, Lobster, and Oil though :'( lol. Your designs have come along well I might add.

The Royalists are simply the best team from the Prince Edward Island, even if their past is far from glorious outside their borders. They maintain a strong rivalry with the Edwardians of Summerdise, who find themselves in the NESL 2. In fact, it's simple; if you're an Islander and interested in soccer, you're either for the RCFC, or for the Blues.

1402091719-02.png

I may go for the blues to be one of those guys who goes for the underdog haha. I can also sense a Celtic vs Rangers idea here? Go Celtic! The one thing that is kinda bugging me is that the logo is fairly small. I would maybe have the crown sit on the solid green checker and as a result be a white crown, while keeping the rest of the logo the same? of leave it, I'm sure I will get used to it

I may go for the blues to be one of those guys who goes for the underdog haha. I can also sense a Celtic vs Rangers idea here? Go Celtic! The one thing that is kinda bugging me is that the logo is fairly small. I would maybe have the crown sit on the solid green checker and as a result be a white crown, while keeping the rest of the logo the same? of leave it, I'm sure I will get used to it

It is true that this could be a rivalry similar to what is known in Glasgow, with here royalists against independentists.

And for the crown, this is a combination that can be found on many Belgian teams (since it is also a monarchy) and it does not bother me too much even if it feels like the logo to be smaller... But indeed, I'm used to such a pattern, plus, we can find way worse, ha ha.

Do you think that is better like that?

1402132227-edward-royal-charlottetown-00

And thanks Rinoliro & Whittier S!

I like 1 better. I must have said it wrong but I just meant for the logo to be larger. As a result, the crown would then cover the green checker, therefore the colours would have to be switchely only for the crown. Its hard to explain, it would make more sense in an image :P

Archived