FIFA World Cup Redesigns

KubiakDesigns

"Oh, stop it. This guy making a blue Brazilian kit is not the equivalent of making a USA kit related to wars or slavery."
White . And, maybe this situation is in a wrong set... Imagine that the 1994 WC final was between USA and Mexico ( the "neighbor" from the south, just like Uruguay is what once was a part of Brazilian territory), and on the day before the game, everyone says that the "World Cup is already yours", etc. And then, when the match ends, Mexico won 2-1, with a late-goal. Would you still wear you white jersey with "wavy" stripes? And that blue one, with some stars?
That's how we feel about Brasil with a white jersey ( It's OK for a "Technical Staff" polo shirt, but not for "Game" kits)

neither white or blue. that green shirt was awful as a design creation. miss everything that was used anytime in decent football uniforms. All the concept. It looks too more like that TAtC MLB jerseys, and I believe TAtC only works in Australian Rules, and only in a few cases.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are only allowed 2 jerseys in International play

so why have spain used 3 this year? fact is their are no regs to how many kits are used in international competition ...they just prefer each kit to only use two colours

and since these are designed by you ...putting the adidas or puma or nike logo on them is kinda counterproductive ....adidas has its own brand identity ...the stripes on the arms, as does nike (simple plain kits) ....these are yours so you should brand them as sutch i feel

Pretty sure they got 3 jerseys because they are the reigning champs... Well were.. They seemed to be quite strict this year, restricting teams to single colour kits but it disnt seem to be followed by a few teams...

You are only allowed 2 jerseys in International play

so why have spain used 3 this year? fact is their are no regs to how many kits are used in international competition ...they just prefer each kit to only use two colours

and since these are designed by you ...putting the adidas or puma or nike logo on them is kinda counterproductive ....adidas has its own brand identity ...the stripes on the arms, as does nike (simple plain kits) ....these are yours so you should brand them as sutch i feel

Pretty sure they got 3 jerseys because they are the reigning champs... Well were.. They seemed to be quite strict this year, restricting teams to single colour kits but it disnt seem to be followed by a few teams...

spain aint the only ones using three though so are brazil, cameroon, ivory coast, and belgium, http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/tournaments/fifa-world-cup/2014/2014-index.html

....and no the restricting of teams to single colours is just a rumor ....FIFA asked each nation to register 2 colours ..one predominately light the other predominantly dark, the single colour crap thats going on now is the result of trend and only happens to coincide with the new FIFA regulations and because of this has been misconstrued

it is STILL up to the individual team how many different pairs of shirts shorts and socks they take with them and how and when they assemble them into a kit and in what combinations

God guys, it's like there's a turf war right now. If this guy want to have Brasil in blue, let him since it's a CONCEPT. The guy is making something he wants to make, and you guys should respect his design. You should say something like," I would recommend more green added to these Brasil kits." Not ," OMG, your addition of blue is a disgrace to everything this country stands for. You MUST make this green right away. How dare you make this not exactly how I envision this, shame on you." This guy is trying to get better and have fun, and it sounds like he has beat a bag of kittens against a tree. Shame on you.

However, I would recommend you making Netherlands more orange. Right now, it's more of a peach color. Granted if you made the trim the peach color, it would look pretty great.

That's what- She

"Oh, stop it. This guy making a blue Brazilian kit is not the equivalent of making a USA kit related to wars or slavery."
White . And, maybe this situation is in a wrong set... Imagine that the 1994 WC final was between USA and Mexico ( the "neighbor" from the south, just like Uruguay is what once was a part of Brazilian territory), and on the day before the game, everyone says that the "World Cup is already yours", etc. And then, when the match ends, Mexico won 2-1, with a late-goal. Would you still wear you white jersey with "wavy" stripes? And that blue one, with some stars?
That's how we feel about Brasil with a white jersey ( It's OK for a "Technical Staff" polo shirt, but not for "Game" kits)
About Chile and Netherlands... And Brazil... and Cameroon.. and Mexico... and any other football kit : Get a new template ! Maybe a more "2D-ish" one....
Try to improve or to get some Photoshop / GIMP skills... And research. Research, and more research. And when you think you know quite enough about what you're doing, research again. And try some new collar designs too....

And JohnnyRFL..... Tô de olho nesses treta, hein....lol

Oh, so it's kind of like the 1974 Summit Series for Team Canada. They get their asses kicked but 40 years in the future they return to those jerseys. And yet, miraculously the country isn't being burned to the ground. I don't know how that works. Explain why Canada is able to move on but Brazil cannot?

And I updated that design, so can you stop getting so heated when I fixed it

God guys, it's like there's a turf war right now. If this guy want to have Brasil in blue, let him since it's a CONCEPT. The guy is making something he wants to make, and you guys should respect his design. You should say something like," I would recommend more green added to these Brasil kits." Not ," OMG, your addition of blue is a disgrace to everything this country stands for. You MUST make this green right away. How dare you make this not exactly how I envision this, shame on you." This guy is trying to get better and have fun, and it sounds like he has beat a bag of kittens against a tree. Shame on you.

However, I would recommend you making Netherlands more orange. Right now, it's more of a peach color. Granted if you made the trim the peach color, it would look pretty great.

Thank you. I will fix the shades, but before I do so I am just curious where I should apply the peach trim? Like just on like the collar and numbers or on the sash too?

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

brazils original home colours were white .....and those were the colours they played in during the 1950 world cup, where they lost to uruguay in the final

brazillians are verry passionate about this forgetting this fact ...more so than england are about losing to scotland in the first ever game (we dont really care about it) and sometimes in football design these passions cannot be ignored

Brazil's original home colours were white .....and those were the colours they played in during the 1950 world cup, where they lost to uruguay in the final

Brazillians are very passionate about this forgetting this fact ...more so than England are about losing to Scotland in the first ever game (we dont really care about it) and sometimes in football design these passions cannot be ignored

That's pretty much it....

And Kubiak, dude..... Chill out ! If you want to do a White kit for Brazil or black jersey with inverted pentagrams for the Vatican football squad, fine !! You do not need to get angry, just because someone did not like your work ! AND GET A NEW TEMPLATE !! FOR GOD'S SAKE !!! And do Argentina or Italy, please... Let's see if our "advices" are being helpful...

KbC0Lt6.png

Australia:

I changed the collar style to a non-polo style. the hem features Ayers Rock, aka Uluru (A natural monument of the Australian outback). The font is a standard block font. I enlarged the logo and placed it on the center chest, proud and upfront, the way a crest should be presented. However, if the majority of you say it should moved back to the traditional spot, I will. I mixed the navy with the green to get a dark, dark teal and changed the pale yellow to more of a yellow orange. On a minor note, I gave the crest a double outline.

Australia.png

Not a fan of the orange, I would make it more yellowish.

Australia.png

I added the trim on the sash.

Netherlands.png

• 2 weeks later...

(Disregard the emoticon, I intended it to be a capital B with parentheses.)

Brazil:

I broke away from the tradition of yellow and blue in favor of a design based heavily off of the flag.

Brazil.png

I like your creativity and courage to try something new. All and all it is way to busy for a football kit. Maybe one of the "flag diamonds" on a shirt or short. Also Brasil is committed to gold shirts and blue shorts as key to their brand identity. Try starting with a clean simple design and then add just enough features to make your design unique.

I don't think he needs a new template, he just needs to use it properly. A higher end programming that supports vectors will help out a lot. Also those australian colours are completely off.

Here's a link to the official colours

i still say if hes going to create designs he should put his own logo on them, adidas wouldnt create a design without the 3 stripes on the arms or the shorts nor has it used anything other than this since 1993

It's a concept. At the end of the day it's up to the OP to decide if he wants to us the Adidas stripes or not. Obviously using them adds to the "realism" but the OP is under no obligation to do so. I hope we can move forward with more constructive comments and criticism and not get hung up on the lack of Adidas striping.

i still say if hes going to create designs he should put his own logo on them, adidas wouldnt create a design without the 3 stripes on the arms or the shorts nor has it used anything other than this since 1993

It's a concept. At the end of the day it's up to the OP to decide if he wants to us the Adidas stripes or not. Obviously using them adds to the "realism" but the OP is under no obligation to do so. I hope we can move forward with more constructive comments and criticism and not get hung up on the lack of Adidas striping.

Pretty sure that's the first time Tony mentioned striping - I could be wrong - but either way, it is still a constructive comment. Possibly the OP didn't catch that all Adidas kits have the striping - except I believe the Supporters Team UK 2012 Football jersey. No one is getting hung up on anything, it was just a suggestion by Tony.

Archived